User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Body shape...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Ok. Getting tape measure now. BRB.
    It looks like you are probably hour glass, or vase depending on measurment between bust waiste and hips....

The tinry and susana link is good but when it comes to loving your shape Gok has it.... Not sure how much is there but he was doing great little videos on how to dress different shapes

Channel4.com/Gok’s Style Consultation

He is such a god... take the consultation then tab along the top and he will show you what is good...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    x2.

36" shoulders
    34" chest (yeah, my boobs are smaller than my shoulders )
    25" waist
    35" hips
    36-25-35?

Dare I say in this thread I'm.... jealous??? *rofl*

To fit myself right, I have to wear a 1X top (18-20) and an XL bottom (16-18). So much for Misses sizing, meh.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    It looks like you are probably hour glass, or vase depending on measurment between bust waiste and hips....

The tinry and susana link is good but when it comes to loving your shape Gok has it.... Not sure how much is there but he was doing great little videos on how to dress different shapes

Channel4.com/Gok’s Style Consultation

He is such a god... take the consultation then tab along the top and he will show you what is good...

According to this one it's classic cone, sharing body type with cameron diaz and naomi campbell lol I have been approached to do modelling because of my height and straight shape and small boobs, but I always used to refuse, I'm a behind the camera kind of person.

Anyway in my eyes I'm not the shape they picked out and I can't find my measuring tape dagnamit.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    36-25-35?

Dare I say in this thread I'm.... jealous??? *rofl*

To fit myself right, I have to wear a 1X top (18-20) and an XL bottom (16-18). So much for Misses sizing, meh.
    Yeah, but even with my easy to fit sizing, I wear an Old Navy XS bikini top with an XL bottom, and I barely have a butt at all, I just have hips with a relatively smallish waist. I don't know that all of the sizing categories are logical, especially because I can be a size 0 in some places and a size 8 in other places.

Edit: and my boobs are not 36, my shoulders are. My chest is 34 and I'm rarely more than an A cup.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Berber

In my eyes I'm not the shape they picked so I tried to fudge it, and I come out pretty much the same... they did say I'd have issue with Jackets... I'm a buxom beauty (or the alluring apple).... Murder to dress - didn't like the whole low hanging jeans so uncomfortable to wear...

Yeah, but even with my easy to fit sizing, I wear an Old Navy XS bikini top with an XL bottom, and I barely have a butt at all, I just have hips with a relatively smallish waist. I don't know that all of the sizing categories are logical, especially because I can be a size 0 in some places and a size 8 in other places.
    I have the same issue, shirts/dresses with buttons use to unbutton themselves at meeting (theres a sales tip) .... right now my top and my middly/bottom don't match... dresses or two peices bought together don't work.

Try Gok's cosultation thing, it's interesting...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

You are a Racy Ruler!

Well, sweetie, youre the envy of every girl with your straight-up figure and sexy slim-line silhouette. Most styles look stunning on that fabulous body of yours so dont ever be shy: show us what youve got and have a little fun.

Racy Rulers can suffer a little lack of the curvaceousness. But keep clicking, my little minx, and here youll find outfits to add a little zing, and a few tricks of the trade to create curves in all the right places.

Use the menu above to discover which celebrities you share your body type with, read personalised recommendations on the clothes and accessories to make the most of your figure, and expert advice on skin and hair care.

The buttons below allow you to print a handy copy of the consultation, email a copy of your consultation to yourself to keep, send to a friend or start a new consultation from scratch.

Here are two celebs who share your body shape

Nicole Kidman
    Gwyneth Paltrow

From winning Oscars to taking a stroll with the kids, Ms Paltrow has always used her figure to be daring and different. Chic is this ladys middle name, and its the little details in her outfits that really set her apart from the rest of the crowd.
    Nicole Kidman

A Hollywood A-lister, Nicole is the epitome of grace and timeless style. Always knowing how best to dress her slim-line figure, from sexy ruffles to add a little va va voom to sleek and sexy in tailored suits, Ms Kidman never looks out of style.
    Results
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ugh, that part is infuriating.

it's because we're not 2D, we're 3D creatures. My butt is round on parts and flat on others. The "one measurment" around a particular body part is not specifically accurate, although I'm not sure how granularly they could realistically produce clothes.

The other issue is that sizing differs between brands. Just because you're one size with one doesn't mean a different brand will fit in that size.

Edit: and my boobs are not 36, my shoulders are. My chest is 34 and I'm rarely more than an A cup.
    oops, you're right, i meant 34. (same dif to me, you have a good 8-9" spread between waist measurement and the widest circumferences of body)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Boobs are shockers, they really don't fit into regular paterns, even with similar sizes of bras women can look very different depending on who seperated the boobs are, I like plung bras, but the shops keep trying to sell me other things...

It's little wonder women obessess about these things...

Ok my shape...

You are a Buxom Beauty!

Sweetie, that bosom is magnificent! There is nothing more alluring than beautiful breasts, and so many women all over the world are desperate to achieve this look. Chest size has increased a lot over the past few decades, with many more women in the UK now having a cup-size of at least a D.

Those babies may be great at times, but occasionally you can feel a little top heavy. Its all about a little balance my Buxom Beauty.

Here you will find a selection of essential wardrobe staples to flatter and flaunt your sexy silhouette, as well as advice on what to avoid. So read on, and discover your own fabulous style.

Use the menu above to discover which celebrities you share your body type with, read personalised recommendations on the clothes and accessories to make the most of your figure, and expert advice on skin and hair care.

The buttons below allow you to print a handy copy of the consultation, email a copy of your consultation to yourself to keep, send to a friend or start a new consultation from scratch.

Gok is really good - he tries to get women to feel good about their natural shape. rather than bits of them

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Berber

In my eyes I'm not the shape they picked so I tried to fudge it, and I come out pretty much the same... they did say I'd have issue with Jackets... I'm a buxom beauty (or the alluring apple).... Murder to dress - didn't like the whole low hanging jeans so uncomfortable to wear...
    Having just gone through the clothes they picked out for me I would now say maybe they are right, 2 things I deduced already a long time ago, and that was that blazers had to be single breasted with 1 button and slightly longer, and never to wear shoulder pads haha.

Didn't know that pointed shoes made me look more angular, but when I think about it I always feel more angular and racehorse like when I wear my cowboy boots so they are going to get binned. Now I have an excuse to buy those new boots I saw.

Wouldn't have agreed with the skirt choices for me though, hideous lol I'd rather look angular than look like an upside down tulip.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

32 Chest
    19 Waist
    26.5 Hips

Eh?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.