User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: Body shape...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I know! It's so strange. I go to school and there are all these girls and they all look exactly the same, stick-thin with straight hair. Being more of a cello, I feel very... out of place.
    Bet you a fair few of the stick girls are desperate to have more shape to them....

MBTI
    ENTP

BerberElla & aphazard

I find it quite difficult to look at my body and automatically know which shape I was....

Measure you shoulders chest (around the brodest part, waist, and hips (again the brodest part). Also vertically between just under your bra line to your waist... then waist to horizonatal line of the hips..

You can then create a linear drawing... by ploting them on paper - worthwhile doing at least once to get a rought take on what your shape looks like....

So scale it all down to ratios... and you can do something like this... (if it works).... then it is way more easy to see your shape....

,,,,,,x------------------------------------x

,,,,,,,,,,,,,x----------------------------x

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,x------------------x

,,,,,,,,x---------------------------------------------x

Ok the commas are added to make this work... I'd say this body shape was near pear....

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Bet you a fair few of the stick girls are desperate to have more shape to them....
    That would fit the pattern.

Honestly, we can't be everything. If we're one (e.g., stick-like), we're not the other (e.g. hourglassy). Not sure why we always focus on the "other."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That would fit the pattern.

Honestly, we can't be everything. If we're one (e.g., stick-like), we're not the other (e.g. hourglassy). Not sure why we always focus on the "other."
    LOL It's so true, so how do we get to be contended with our own body shape?

You mentioned other women said how good you looked, but you STILL crave a different shape.

I have naturally curly hair, which I straighten every time I wash it, others perm theirs.....

BONKERS!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    You mentioned other women said how good you looked, but you STILL crave a different shape.
    yeah.

I have naturally curly hair, which I straighten every time I wash it, others perm theirs.....
    YOU HAVE CURLY HAIR?????? *envy*

... Actually, I like my straight hair... I just wish it had a tad more body to it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    YOU HAVE CURLY HAIR?????? *envy*

... Actually, I like my straight hair... I just wish it had a tad more body to it.
    Well it's straight these days, but naturally fluffy bouncy curly hair (when it's scrunch dried), which when long is really full... right now it's a blond shlder length bob.... but hell it changes colour with the seasons.

Ah you can't be everything....

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    For real lol I'm looking and thinking huh, who am I?

I did a fashion course once and the tutor said I had a boys figure, and another said that I had the athletic physique of a racehorse so which ever one of those is boyish or horselike, that's me lol no hourglass figure here.
    Haha@the to the bolded. Athletic racehorse sounds like it could be a real compliment, although a strange way of putting it.

I modeled for awhile when I was younger, and was always told I had more the hour glass shape, but I can't relate to that picture at all. I'm not sure about the descriptions either. I don't have an athletic body type, although I've always had a tight, fairly muscular stomach, and thighs. Eh. I'm about to break out a tape measure.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I modeled for awhile when I was younger, and was always told I had more the hour glass shape, but I can't relate to that picture at all. I'm not sure about the descriptions either. I don't have an athletic body type, although I've always had a tight, fairly muscular stomach, and thighs. Eh. I'm about to break out a tape measure.
    Try measuring and drawing... it really is much easier to see what shape you are than looking in the mirror...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Difficult to figure out my body shape from these, but I can wear most clothes well.
    x2.

36" shoulders
    34" chest (yeah, my boobs are smaller than my shoulders )
    25" waist
    35" hips
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    x2.

36" shoulders
    34" chest (yeah, my boobs are smaller than my shoulders )
    25" waist
    35" hips
    Ok. Getting tape measure now. BRB.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.