First 6141516

Thread: Body shape...

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Well, she has smaller measurements than I do and I fit size 00-0 (and I am close to 20 lol) but you might be right.

How To Measure Your Waist Size - MSN Health & Fitness - Weight Loss
    I don't actually own a bendy measuring tape so I can't measure myself, I was just basing it on our similar weights/height since I naively thought that all size zeroes were very light (I didn't realize it was a petite woman thing originally, either). But maybe she's super muscley or busty and hides weight somewhere other than "pants-places".

I wear my pants a few inches above the largest part of my hips and I normally wear ~28-inch which corresponds roughly to a 5. Or for dresses a 2 or 4 since those seem to be more based on bust size...this thread is making me feel large though. lol
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTP

Guys

I've mentioned it before.... but shape isn't the same as size....

You can be a dimond at size 00 or at size 20... much of you shape is related to your skeleton and where your weight distributes. If you put a lot of weight on - it can change your over all shape, but more likely just makes your body shape bigger....

Women focus on weight not shape.

As a side note, women also focus on weight not size... You can remain the same weigh and loose 2 dress sizes just by toning up.... New york city ballet DVD or pillates can help you sulk it all in and make you feel 1-2 inches taller....

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Hmm, these sites are interesting...

How are you supposed to measure your shoulders? I've never measured myself before, so it's kind of interesting.
    Anyway, under armpits: 35.5
    chest: 38.5 (under boobs: 34)
    waist: 28 (least wide part)
    hips: 34 (widest part)

I think I'm a cornet, a "classic cone" or whatever they want to call it- basically I got huge shoulders, big-ish boobs, not much of a waist and no hips. In short: can't wear a pencil skirt or anything empire waisted, can wear skinny jeans and . My biggest problem is I'm long waisted and finding tops that curve in at my waist is difficult.

I'm no style expert, so mostly I just try on lots of clothes and get the ones that look good. But you know, don't concentrate on the negative. Flaunt what you've got.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Hmm, these sites are interesting...

How are you supposed to measure your shoulders? I've never measured myself before, so it's kind of interesting.
    Anyway, under armpits: 35.5
    chest: 38.5 (under boobs: 34)
    waist: 28 (least wide part)
    hips: 34 (widest part)

I think I'm a cornet, a "classic cone" or whatever they want to call it- basically I got huge shoulders, big-ish boobs, not much of a waist and no hips. In short: can't wear a pencil skirt or anything empire waisted, can wear skinny jeans and . My biggest problem is I'm long waisted and finding tops that curve in at my waist is difficult.

I'm no style expert, so mostly I just try on lots of clothes and get the ones that look good. But you know, don't concentrate on the negative. Flaunt what you've got.
    Hi

From what you've said...
    myShape.com will make you a Y shape (I've not gone all the way through
    Gok is likely to make you a buxom beauty...

I like Gok because he is a bit prescriptive of things that are complete no-go's like he's suggest the right skirt length and fullness of it etc... or what to avoid when buying tops... so just adding to your "don't wear skinny jeans" thinking...

It's amazing how wrong people can dress their shape... the rack experiment, where they got two women to pick out cloths for an event, then got the styles to pick out what they ought to be wearing was really interesting.

PS you're avatar made reaing your post very weird... some big bloke discussing skirt tyles... v strange

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    How are you supposed to measure your shoulders?
    Wrap a tape measure around like you're putting on a scarf, only lower.