User Tag List

First 513141516 Last

Thread: Body shape...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I'm not exactly sure where i would purchase 40s and 50s fashions that would actually be close to my size. I typically try to hide my curves, because i feel less curvy and more fat most of the time. I go to stores and absolutely NOTHING fits me right. Even plus size specialty store clothes look absolutely ridiculous on me. Where can I find 40s and 50s style clothing in a US size 14/16
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

My results:
    You are a Racy Ruler!

Well, sweetie, youíre the envy of every girl with your straight-up figure and sexy slim-line silhouette. Most styles look stunning on that fabulous body of yours so donít ever be shy: show us what youíve got and have a little fun.

Racy Rulers can suffer a little lack of the curvaceousness. But keep clicking, my little minx, and here youíll find outfits to add a little zing, and a few tricks of the trade to create curves in all the right places.

Body Doubles: Gwyneth Paltrow and Nicole Kidman
    Hm, I usually just buy clothes in (XS, S, or Size 1). But because I'm petite (5'3) finding jeans that are a perfect length and fit (see: I lack in curves) is definitely more difficult. They usually fit me perfectly fine in the waist, it's just the length that's the main problem...

Dresses sometimes are hard too. I just bought a casual dress last week (a size small from Charlotte Russe) and it fit fine. But sometimes stores have more dresses in the larger sizes than the smaller (size 1) sizes and that can be difficult.

I was looking online at Japanese clothing site and they had the measurements for the clothing models (plus 32 bra/cup size, 5'3 height, and 95-100lb weight) and they all seemed to match me perfectly haha...maybe since I'm half asian. Perhaps I should go shopping in Japan?
    After all,
    you're my wonderwall...

{listen: ‚ô•}

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I'm not exactly sure where i would purchase 40s and 50s fashions that would actually be close to my size. I typically try to hide my curves, because i feel less curvy and more fat most of the time. I go to stores and absolutely NOTHING fits me right. Even plus size specialty store clothes look absolutely ridiculous on me. Where can I find 40s and 50s style clothing in a US size 14/16
    the style is easy to pick up... it's kind of one of those that doesn't ever go out of fashion and looks stunny on curves, show a wee bit of cleavage you'll have men eatting out your hands....

https://shop.marketpublique.com/item.php?id=3678 (this one isn't particularly nice but they really aren't different to pick up in normal clothse stores...

the main thing is a skirt with loads of material inthe skirt....

shop around, I don't know enough american shops to search for you, but it's a pretty stock design...

Don't cover up what nature intended.... seriously it looks amazing

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Have any of you tried a site called myShape.com? I've never actually bought anything from it, but it gives you your type based on your measurements and recommends clothing that suits you. It's pretty cool!
    i gave it a shot and it says i'm a type M

for those interested, there are 7 types in total on this site:

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post
    I was looking online at Japanese clothing site and they had the measurements for the clothing models (plus 32 bra/cup size, 5'3 height, and 95-100lb weight) and they all seemed to match me perfectly haha...maybe since I'm half asian. Perhaps I should go shopping in Japan?
    I have a friend who does similar, to the point she will get stuff made for her out of country... she is about 5 foot and very curvy so very difficult to find things... she is amazing what she gets made and it doesn't cost as much as buying a big brand then getting it taylored to death...

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post

having a ruler shape has nothing to do with being thin.I've seen plenty of not thin women whose chest, waist, and hips are around the same size. plus thin women can also be hourglass, inverted triangles and pear shapes...
    That website that gave me the ruler designation is bad, then, as I filled it out accurately - i.e. narrow shoulders, small bust, small waist, small hips, and I got ruler as a result. But my chest/waist/hips aren't the same size at all - I'm 34/25/35, a little over 110 lbs, a little over 5'6". Maybe I'm an hourglass/triangle hybrid.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    i gave it a shot and it says i'm a type M

That's meeeee also
    That site gives much better definitions, IMO.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I have a friend who does similar, to the point she will get stuff made for her out of country... she is about 5 foot and very curvy so very difficult to find things... she is amazing what she gets made and it doesn't cost as much as buying a big brand then getting it taylored to death...
    Yeah, everything I saw was surprisingly really affordable, cute, and my size. So I definitely think I'll consider buying out-of-country, honestly I think waiting for shipping might be worth it.
    After all,
    you're my wonderwall...

{listen: ‚ô•}

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    That website that gave me the ruler designation is bad, then, as I filled it out accurately - i.e. narrow shoulders, small bust, small waist, small hips, and I got ruler as a result. But my chest/waist/hips aren't the same size at all - I'm 34/25/35, a little over 110 lbs, a little over 5'6". Maybe I'm an hourglass/triangle hybrid.
    If you're measurments were 34, 34, 35, you'd be a ruler... but you have 10 inches waist to hip and 9 waist to bust.... You are an hour glass for sure, or an M shape perhpas on the full on body shape link posted a few posts ago (wich is really good). You're not registering you have a tiny waiste comparatively with your hips and ust... try afverage bust average hips small waist...

A lot of women tend to dress in baggy cover it all up type gear rather than cashing into what they have. so you are probably not making the most of the waist you have. Hence you may be dressing for a ruler than an hour glass....

I'm for clothes that tpaer in the middle >< - big belts, or slim waisted and it will show you off to the max.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post
    Yeah, everything I saw was surprisingly really affordable, cute, and my size. So I definitely think I'll consider buying out-of-country, honestly I think waiting for shipping might be worth it.
    Show you how much the mark things up when they hit the shops. My mate found it very good, but take the usual precausions when buying online. Do keep in mind that th UK charge duty on entry so I get the odd phone call and pay a wee bit more.