User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Thread: Body shape...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Are you sure they didn't actually say "the sack"?
    Possitive, the last one was as gay as a yellow bird... raved about the chuncky jewlery....

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Hm.
    5'6"
    110 lbs.
    32" chest (that doesn't even qualify as a chest )
    22" waist
    32" hips
    33" romp
    I have no idea have to measure my shoulders.
    ..I tried. It was awkward.

I guess I'm a ruler, but my thighs... THESE THIGHS!
    Most jeans in department stores are straight down and are. tailored. for. twelve. year. olds.
    I hate them because they snug my hips and thighs but are extremely loose (like uncomfortably loose) in my waist area. Even some of the jeans I own do this but to a less annoying degree mind you. As far as I know, the GAP and Banana Republic are the only pants that fit me well. H&M occasionally.

Your an hourglass, chest = hips = houglass... you have a waist that it 9-10 inch slimer... a ruller would be 32, 32, 32, or there abouts...

Shape and size are different attributes....

beyondaurora

Have any of you tried a site called myShape.com? I've never actually bought anything from it, but it gives you your type based on your measurements and recommends clothing that suits you. It's pretty cool!

I'm an "A" on that site., "Pear" according to Trinny & Susannah, and my measurements *ahem* are 37, 32, 43. Makes sense.

I'm 5'7.5", but I wear petite tops (they have to be short sleeved because I have long arms) because I'm short-waisted and regular tops hit at the wrong spots. I also try to add width to my shoulders with boat-neck tops, drapey-sleeved peasant tops, cap-sleeve tees, etc., and I like to wear long (knee length to ankle), flowy skirts to hide my hips and, ugh, saddle bags. I often think about how people know so little about what really is going on under my clothes!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Have any of you tried a site called myShape.com? I've never actually bought anything from it, but it gives you your type based on your measurements and recommends clothing that suits you. It's pretty cool!
    I was the same, S type which was the same, although they did select some clothes I would wear but also some other stuff... although I wont buy cos I'm n the UK, it was an intersting site, thanks for suggesting it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    ooober scary thought:
    A US size zero equates to a UK size 4 (we're hard on ourselves over here)....
    The US has what is called "vanity sizing". A size 2 today is much larger than a size 2 from decades ago. UK sizes are closer to the original sizing, but even they have been sized up. This is because people (in both countries) are getting fatter, and it keeps women shopping when they can squeeze into a small size.

That's why Marylin Monroe's purported size 12 dress size is more like a modern size 6 (US sizes).

I'm slender, but tallish, and when I see very short petite women I wonder where they find clothes when I'm wearing size 2 and XS and I'm larger than them. At least they have smaller options in the UK, although I noticed that UK clothing stores often don't sell smaller than a size 4 anyway (a US size 0).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP

Orange, I kind of agree..

A size 10 in the UK was a 12 not so very long ago, now it's equates to a 14....

I think there is a bit of a change in UK sizes but not very much... Why they can't just get some consistancy is beyond me...

UK stores historically started at a size 8 - not that many do below that size, but then they usually cut off at 14 (38 inch chest) or 16(40 inch)... sometimes going up to 18 (42 inch) at a bit push - but that is not at all common. Bust sizes are increasing here.. both through surgery and through increase in population weight...

Before today I couldn't find anything about size zero excpet int eh meida... it really must be the normal size of a 10 year old girl... it will change in fashion it always does...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'm slender, but tallish, and when I see very short petite women I wonder where they find clothes when I'm wearing size 2 and XS and I'm larger than them. At least they have smaller options in the UK, although I noticed that UK clothing stores often don't sell smaller than a size 4 anyway (a US size 0).
    We've generally given up on traditional stores, or at least I have XD

It's to the point that I'm not even sure whot my measurements are anymore. There's no real purpose in knowing, because nothing normally available fits anyway, so who cares?

Most of my shopping's done in either the children's section or from the guy's stuff, and virtually everything's baggy or loose.

I don't even wear a bra or have measured for it in like... probably nearly a decade now. I did a comparison search a few days ago and found pictures listed by cup/measurement and the one that was most appropriate that I saw was listed as 30AA which's pretty much my point of this isn't even worth bothering with, there's nothing TO sag so support is pointless.

That being said, this pretty much means alright... so I don't fit into virtually anything that's available in say... the women's section at walmart, nor any of the specialized stores around here. So I make due with whot I can find that sorta looks descent on me.

Was telling tinkerbell in private messages on this topic the other day that my favorite two shirts are actually a nightgown that I wear like a shirt, and a guy's shirt XD

Thing is they work better than anything else.

That being said, I actually know someone who was waaaaaaaay smaller than me even O.o They were like 4'10 or something like that and lived in japan for a little bit, and they explained how they LOVED it there because it was actually possible to find clothing that fit them XD

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Bust-46 (Jesus Christ)
    waist-35
    hips-46(holy Christ that's almost 50)

I guess that makes me an hour glass? or am i cello?
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Bust-46 (Jesus Christ)
    waist-35
    hips-46(holy Christ that's almost 50)

I guess that makes me an hour glass? or am i cello?
    hour glass.... a very curvy one...

I used to work with a lass of similar dimentions, she wore a lot of dirndl skirt and 50's style and looked just stunning - they guys loved it...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

^ 40's and 50's fashion looks ridiculously amazing on curvy, hourglass figures. it shows off the girl's shape while maintaining a real elegance and tastefulness... i don't know why so many women with this kind of shape try to cover it up. it's a shame, really...it is possible to show off your shape and not look trashy!

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde