First 21011121314 Last

Thread: Body shape...

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    You're still really small, I bet you fit size 00.
    really? I'm pretty close to that (5'7 and 135ish) and I've never been smaller than a 5 (usually 7). the size zero's scare me a little, at least on girls older than 14.

Where do you measure waist size? Pants are worn low enough that pant size is more like hip size...
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    Hm. I think my body type is hourglass, numerically, but I hate it, lol.

40-32-42
    Measurement twin! Well, almost. I'm more like 38-32-42
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    having a ruler shape has nothing to do with being thin.I've seen plenty of not thin women whose chest, waist, and hips are around the same size. plus thin women can also be hourglass, inverted triangles and pear shapes...
    My chest, waist, and hips/butt are not around the same size though (33, 25, 37). I still got a ruler on that Gok thing based on my answers of having an average defined waist and average width hips (proportionately), flat tummy and small bust.

I think it is a dig at thin women, because they always choose really skinny celebs as examples of the type.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    really? I'm pretty close to that (5'7 and 135ish) and I've never been smaller than a 5 (usually 7). the size zero's scare me a little, at least on girls older than 14.

Where do you measure waist size? Pants are worn low enough that pant size is more like hip size...
    Well, she has smaller measurements than I do and I fit size 00-0 (and I am close to 20 lol) but you might be right.

How To Measure Your Waist Size - MSN Health & Fitness - Weight Loss

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    My chest, waist, and hips/butt are not around the same size though (33, 25, 37). I still got a ruler on that Gok thing based on my answers of having an average defined waist and average width hips (proportionately), flat tummy and small bust.

I think it is a dig at thin women, because they always choose really skinny celebs as examples of the type.
    Probably. I've been hearing more and more crap spewed towards thin women lately. For some reason it's become ok to comment directly to thin women about their size the past couple years.

I'm still an hour glass, just petite and short. People are always shocked when they see me nekkid.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    Probably. I've been hearing more and more crap spewed towards thin women lately. For some reason it's become ok to comment directly to thin women about their size the past couple years.
    there's an obvious double standard there.. it's considered insensitive and rude to point out of someone is on the chubby side, but if they're on the thin side, it's somehow then fair game to joke about..?

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    ENTP

ooober scary thought:
    A US size zero equates to a UK size 4 (we're hard on ourselves over here)....

By extrapolation:

Chest = 28
    Waist = 22
    Hips = upto 31

So REALLY unhealthy - most womens skeletons are bigger...
    All Saints Cameo Waistcoat

Sorry a UK clothing store, but if you click on size link and scroll down to the thrid table you see the raw measurments (its a store that skewes towards very small fits).

As for looking at women, I was once at a business thing and there was a few of us went into the bar pre dinner and the bar made had issues - she was clearly very anorexic, and looked awful... nothing glamerous about starving.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Ok, so I did it again. I got 28-19-27.5. And looking at those pictures, I'm not a cone. It's sad I've been thinking about this all day. Thanks Tinkerbell!
    How tall are you? You must pay a fortune on tailoring for a waist that small.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    the size zero's scare me a little, at least on girls older than 14.
    Size zero and xxs was originally created for petite women (Under 5'4''). It became a trend for normal size women to fit into them as well. Thus, the companies saw a money making opportunity and took it.

I have to wear 00, but I'm 4'10''.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    You must pay a fortune on tailoring for a waist that small.

I have to wear 00, but I'm 4'10''.
    LOL - I love that

I'd have had you pegged at 5 9 at least

Ladies, just picking up some dots....

Body shape is not directly proportioned to weight, you can be 18 stone and still be hour glass, or a ruler.... It's about shape....I know some of the descriptions say slim legs, but I think that's more relative to the rest of you.

On self image, I was out in the pub a few weeks back with a lass who is heavy - not massively heavy but not a thing girl by any streach, and she was minorly obessed with her weight, allowed her last bf to treat her like crap because of it... etc. Reality is she is a lovely girl that just needs to meet a grown up guy who will do very well to have her (it really about her self esteem not her weight).

An episode of House showed a guy who was trying to get taller and the life he had given himself... women wouldn't go out with him not because he was short but it was all he ever talked about... be at one with your shape - Dawn French is no skinny rake but she seems to have nailed her self image and chooses to enjoy her life and be very large....

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

The answer is simple.

If you don't have "off the rack" dimensions, buy clothes that a re a bit too big and take them to a tailor.

Getting nice clothes that don't fit is stupid. If you know a good tailor it can make all the difference in the world. Simply taking in a men's business shirt and fitting the sleeves will make a man's waist look 10 pounds slimmer, his arms bigger, and his shoulders more broad.

Even me, a 6'1" 235 pound bodybuilder looks like a fat slob in an off the rack business shirt. Once I take it to my tailor then I look like a lean mean corporate killing machine.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post803895