User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Thread: Body shape...

MBTI
    ENTP

FDG - thick neck = not a huge amount you can do, but I suspect you ought not to wear polo necks, and perhaps wear V necks or other neck lines that draw the eye away from the neck.

Cafe you may be a bell or a pear shape - there is loads you can do to balance it... working for measurments not real dimentions, so it might be a bit out... try the gok consultation

Haphaz... looks like you ight be hour glass, or near enough... it depends on where you put weight on if you pur weight on, if it's even you are hour glass, if it's all on your booty then you're a non pronounce pear shape.. so hour galss moving to pear shaped. Keep in mind I'm just usuing your measurments alone. so 3d you might be physicall veyr different.

Fluff is that weight of you till shoulder height or does the weight include shoulders up. Or perhaps the 4 foor refers to soulders up?

Meta -- by those standards pears ought not to wear, Red, Yellow, or green either cos then they would look like telly tubbies... harsh!!!

There was something on body shape on This Morning today - they gave two women a rack of clothes to dress from and then a sytlist redressed them from the same rail, both girls choose the wrong things and the re-styled outfits looked amazing, I'll see if they post pre/post pictures and put them up here if they do...

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't really feel like I fit into any of those, or I fit most of them. I have a shape which seems "normal" to me. Not super curvy, not super straight, not super short or tall (5'7). It seems ok to me, the only thing I wish is that fat would go somewhere other than my stomach. My ideal body would probably be about 10 pounds lighter but I'm not going to bother trying for it (though I kinda want to eat a bit healthier lately).

Maybe a non-tall column, a bigger-hipped cornet, a slightly chubbier lollipop, a skinnier skittle or a smaller-boobed vase. lol.

I have no idea how to dress my body since it doesn't seem particularly "shaped' to me. I go for tshirts and jeans so it's easy. I've noticed that those tight, stretchy shirts look unappealing on me (though also most people over 100 pounds). Emphasizing abdominal fat = eww.

edit: maybe skittle or pear is the most appropriate although I'm not that large (I think), and I don't feel my thighs are huge although I have "soccer legs" (= large thighs and calves, big knees, etc)...
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Just for the record, if you have a pear shaped body, remember to never wear anything purple.
    It'll be okay if you wear green and purple stripes.

(Just you, though... no one else.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    LOL - NAUGHTY

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It'll be okay if you wear green and purple stripes.

I dun get it...?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

"So youre a Perfect Pear! The most popular and natural body shape amongst women in the UK, and girl do you have it all going on! From your curvaceous, beautiful hips and thighs, to your perfectly proportioned shoulders and waist, youre the envy of every girl and the dream of every man."

I'm not that crazy about his suggestions for clothing, but I've already figured out how to dress myself reasonably well (except jeans...those are impossible without some kind of alteration).
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post

I'm not that crazy about his suggestions for clothing, but I've already figured out how to dress myself reasonably well (except jeans...those are impossible without some kind of alteration).
    Presumably the Gap is doing curved jeans these days... if its helpful

I wasn't mad about some of my suggested gear either but if you see them dress people they really do work on the shape... esp if they get the colouring right.

MBTI
    ENTP

This is the link which show two women who choose outfits that were then redressed to the better choices...

This Morning | Off the rails - ITV Lifestyle

Hopefully you'll be able to see it in the US.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Yea. I never could use a ruler either.
    I went shopping last night and had the VS girls do it for me. I'm 32-22-32.5, 5ft 6.5 and 129 pounds. LOL. I guess I'm still an hourglass though.
    You're still really small, I bet you fit size 00.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Hm. I think my body type is hourglass, numerically, but I hate it, lol.

40-32-42