User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Sensual

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    Not exactly. My sense of Smell has always been very good and discerning, most of those are more Kiwi-Strawberry-PASSIONFRUIT-Lime type, because passionfruit has an appealing name.
    You should look for scents with an abundance of aldehydes in the top notes. Those are very fruity.

Guerlain has an Aqua Allegoria called Tutti Kiwi. It's marketed quite upscale (although personally I don't really think the price matches the ingredients used).

Guerlain Tutti Kiwi fragrance review :: Now Smell This

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Yeah, I can walk out of the house with no make-up and my hair sticking out everywhere but I have to smell nice. HAVE to.

I wear light, water based perfumes so I can spray them all over. I buy these big spray bottles of different fruit and flower perfumes, then I mix some of them into a smaller spritz bottle. Right now I wear one with a mixture of sweet peas, lemons, and this 'sea breeze' sort of scent. It's nicey! I don't like oil based perfumes, too cloying for me.

I like spicy sorts of scents on males, with maybe just a hint of musk in there (Cinnamon Chai Body Wash on a guy? Daaaaamn!). I don't particularly like it if he's got a heavy scent going on with his deodorant, shampoo, aftershave, AND cologne, that is way too much. Just a nice light layer of scent product and maybe some sweaty 'man smell' and that's perfection
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post

I like spicy sorts of scents on males, with maybe just a hint of musk in there (Cinnamon Chai Body Wash on a guy? Daaaaamn!). I don't particularly like it if he's got a heavy scent going on with his deodorant, shampoo, aftershave, AND cologne, that is way too much. Just a nice light layer of scent product and maybe some sweaty 'man smell' and that's perfection
    That way you will never understand the male psyche. Way too much is just enough
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    The indoles in jasmin essential oil can come across as fecal when there's a high concentration of it in the perfume. In a lower concentration, jasmine smells powdery.

As for musks: these can also smell very fecal, or urine like. Due to regulations, all commercial scents use synthetic musks nowadays. Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a prime example. You also have softer musks, called white musks, that do not smell fecal. An example is White Musk by The Body Shop.
    I love musk too. I used to wear white musk. Love those fecal scents. EEWWWWWWWW.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Way too much is just enough
    Yes! Then they'll be able to smell it when they pull their head out of their ass!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That way you will never understand the male psyche. Way too much is just enough
    I understand what might be the male idea of too much being just enough. Like those Axe commercials showing hotties jumping all over guys for wearing Axe products, hotties who seem reduced to some primal state of arousal the moment they get a whiff.

I can understand the male propensity to see this and think "OK, the average seems to be 2-4 hotties per use, per product. So if I use Axe shampoo, body wash, cologne, AND scented hair products it means I will MULTIPLY the amount of hotties jumping on me. I am using ALL of those things!!".

Really though, you wear too much and it will be just enough to give a hottie such a headache from her swollen nasal passages that she's apt to lose all desire for hibbity-dibbity.

I know you'd like to think "No! It means she'll just want to hose me down or maybe even shower with me to wash away some of the scent and that's OK!!!!", but it's NOT going to work like that...
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

im really into fruity smells for myself. Victoria secret has this perfume...i cant remember what it was called...something passion i think...or temptation hahaha i dont know. But i loved wearing that scent :]
    I especially love bath and bodies sweet pea and rasberry vanilla. mmm.

As for guys, as long as they smell good im hooked. its like a certain cologne that just triggers my sences and calls me back for me. smells are deffinatley sensual to me and can really get me in the 'mood'.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

on both sexes i like either really clean smells or smokey spicy smells..my favorite one that i wear most often is Donna Karan Cashmere Mist | Black Cashmere Eau de Parfum Spray
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Is anyone else sitting there wishing they would hurry and invent "Smellnet" so we could all smell the different perfumes referenced in this thread RIGHT NOW?

I want to know what you peeps smell like. Does that make me weird?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    Is anyone else sitting there wishing they would hurry and invent "Smellnet" so we could all smell the different perfumes referenced in this thread RIGHT NOW?

I want to know what you peeps smell like. Does that make me weird?
    Smelloscope time!!!

But I totally agree
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"