User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Your type and addictions.

I was just wondering which type had the biggest chance of becoming addicted. And not just to drugs, but to habits and even people. I'm going to use the Enneagram since that is what I'm most familiar with when it comes to addictions but I'm more interested in MBTI for this since I know nothing about addictions relating to those types.

On the enneagram I'm a 4w5, and self-indulgence is definitely my middle name. Up until the last like 5 months I've been wandering around in an alcoholic haze following a break up with a girl.

It's just that I felt like alcohol was a way to make me feel happy just for a little bit, though when I finally got a drink it just made me feel worse. Whenever the thought of getting drunk got into my head, this sort of animalistic drive would kick in and I would do anything to get that way. When I woke up in the morning on the floor or in a puddle of my own urine that's when I finally would regret what I had become. But the next night I would need to drink again. Depression deepened until I decided if I didn't stop I would kill myself, either from the drinking or I just wouldn't be able to handle the guilt anymore and find some other way to get rid of myself.

Anyway enough with that cheerful story, anyone else got any addiction stories?

MBTI
    INTJ

I know this is really NT of me but I have nothing to contribute to your alcoholic story so I'm just going to answer your question. I would actually expect T types to be more likely to initially turn to substance abuse, with P's potentially sticking with it longer than Js. Although, I've heard that my type is pretty high on the substance abuse list so who knows.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Haha

I would F types would out of emotional problems.

The other day me and my friend were talking about this and he said that N types are probably more likely to abuse marijuana and psychedelics, but I'm sure S types also would like to take a walk on that wild side.

Personally marijuana helped me, funny as that is to say. It helped make me sort out my feelings and realize how stupid I was acting. I now am completely clean thanks to that, but I'm sure sometime in the future I will start smoking again but just for fun this time instead out of pain.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by faultyideal View Post
    The other day me and my friend were talking about this and he said that N types are probably more likely to abuse marijuana and psychedelics, but I'm sure S types also would like to take a walk on that wild side.
    I think it would depend on the kind of marijuana, but I would definitely stay away from psychedelics if I was in a bad state of mind. I think the object would be to NOT think. Maybe another T/F difference, though? I would be much more prone to abusing uppers than downers/hallucinogenics.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

He was just saying that he thought abstract N types would like drugs a little more strange or thought inducing.

I definitely wouldn't do psychedelics in a bad mood since they'd just make things worse.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Substance abuse to me is more about motive than type of person.

As far as addictions.. I know a couple ESTx's that don't mind at all admitting to caffine addictions and end up almost proud of it And there's a certain God of Thunder (coughHallacough) that's addicted to food.

If it helps, I'm ENFP and I tend to avoid anything addictive in nature. When cookies become too addictive, I stop eating them and then ration them. I've never started drugs out of fear for their addiction, and avoid most medication for the same reasons. So maybe I'm addicted to avoiding addictions?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ

This doesn't have anything to do with type, but when it comes to addictions (not substances), I'm usually like "OMFGWTFBBQYAY" for a few weeks, then taper off after a little, and then I get bored and leave.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    entp

entp

food

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm an ENFP and I'm addicted to MBTI.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFP

I can be quite addictive, however, I can also get bored. What I have found is during times of serious addiction to something or someone I can be very intense for a long while, however, I soon get frustrated and more importantly bored with myself. This helps as it means I don't push the self-destruct button for too long at a time. However, I hjate doing things by halfs... much to my own detriment
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??