User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by faultyideal View Post
    Personally marijuana helped me, funny as that is to say. It helped make me sort out my feelings and realize how stupid I was acting. I now am completely clean thanks to that, but I'm sure sometime in the future I will start smoking again but just for fun this time instead out of pain.
    +1 ... Me too!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    INFP. Coffee. Good thing it is a measly addiction that can be overcome every other day at will.
    EEK. I can't stop coffee "at will"
    It would have to be a weekend or a day when i'm not doing anything and can just sleep.

I spilled my coffee one morning on a busy day, forgot to make another cup. By the end of the day, I had a splitting headache, practically a migraine, was in a very bad mood, and was wearing my glasses, (I didin't know where the headache was coming from so I went with that.)

Then I was at the mechanic who had coffee brewed, had a cup, and all my ailments disappeared.

Addicted? I'd say so.
    This was like 6 years ago and haven't missed a day since!! (Unless i'm very sick or hungover!!)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Eating Disorders & Addictions of the Types

* Type 1 The Reformer
    Excessive use of diets, vitamins, and cleansing techniques (fasts, diet pills, enemas). Under-eating for self-control: in extreme cases anorexia and bulimia. Alcohol to relieve tension.
    * Type 2 The Helper
    Abusing food and over-the-counter medications. Bingeing, especially on sweets and carbohydrates. Over-eating from feeling "love-starved." Hypochondria to look for sympathy.
    * Type 3 The Achiever
    Over-stressing the body for recognition. Working out to exhaustion. Starvation diets. Workaholism. Excessive intake of coffee, stimulants, amphetamines, cocaine, steroids or excessive surgery for cosmetic improvement.
    * Type 4 The Individualist
    Over-indulgence in rich foods, sweets, alcohol to alter mood, to socialize, and for emotional consolation. Lack of physical activity. Bulimia. Depressants. Tobacco, prescription drugs, or heroin for social anxiety. Cosmetic surgery to erase rejected features.
    * Type 5 The Investigator
    Poor eating and sleeping habits due to minimizing needs. Neglecting hygiene and nutrition. Lack of physical activity. Psychotropic drugs for mental stimulation and escape, narcotics for anxiety.
    * Type 6 The Loyalist
    Rigidity in diet causes nutritional imbalances ("I don't like vegetables.") Working excessively. Caffeine and amphetamines for stamina, but also alcohol and depressants to deaden anxiety. Higher susceptibility to alcoholism than many types.
    * Type 7 The Enthusiast
    The type most prone to addictions: stimulants (caffeine, cocaine, and amphetamines), Ecstasy, psychotropics, narcotics, and alcohol but tend to avoid other depressants. Wear body out with effort to stay "up." Excessive cosmetic surgery, pain killers.

* Type 8 The Challenger
    Ignore physical needs and problems: avoid medical visits and check-ups. Indulging in rich foods, alcohol, tobacco while pushing self too hard leads to high stress, strokes, and heart conditions. Control issues central, although alcoholism and narcotic addictions are possible.
    * Type 9 The Peacemaker
    Over-eating or under-eating due to lack of self-awareness and repressed anger. Lack of physical activity. Depressants and psychotropics, alcohol, marijuana, narcotics to deaden loneliness and anxiety.
    yikes...i can see addicted to having a good time and just going out too much but i cannot see being dependent on substances (excluding coffee and cigarettes shush) to have a good time. just the idea of "having" to do something takes the fun out of it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Is addiction really related to type? It seems more accurate to relate it to a traumatic history or experience of some kind...so I don't see a clear type connection.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    EEK. I can't stop coffee "at will"
    It would have to be a weekend or a day when i'm not doing anything and can just sleep.

I spilled my coffee one morning on a busy day, forgot to make another cup. By the end of the day, I had a splitting headache, practically a migraine, was in a very bad mood, and was wearing my glasses, (I didin't know where the headache was coming from so I went with that.)

Then I was at the mechanic who had coffee brewed, had a cup, and all my ailments disappeared.

Addicted? I'd say so.
    This was like 6 years ago and haven't missed a day since!! (Unless i'm very sick or hungover!!)
    Oh, I do get headaches too. But it's only the first few days of deprivation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

dont know if there is any correlation with type but i'm INFx - admittedly addicted to sugar.. have to down a full glass of juice every morning or i'm sluggish. dairy + sugar = my achilles heel. i have a real sweet tooth

i at least try to stay away from refined sugars..sugar definitely is an appetite stimulant and i've been known to put away a lot more than i look like i can. if eating for pleasure makes me an addict, then maybe i am.. i'm definitiely passionate about food. i eat several times during the day, but i am vegetarian and my metabolism's pretty fast so maybe that's ordinary.

i do sporadically indulge in caffeine via chocolate, tea, and occasionally coffee, which i know is terrible for my nerves...i do it mostly because without it i can't keep up with my friends' high energy levels.. i don't like feeling amped up, really..at least not physically. i do like the mental focus and clarity of thought caffeine can give, though for me too much sends me into a different head space.. i seem to be very sensitive to stimulants.

sometimes i do like to smoke pot and drink. glad i'm not dependent on those things... i used to suffer from migraines and smoking a little would alleviate those symptoms. that was actually what make me break down and try it at first. i was always kind of cautious.. and i have to say i'm actually glad i did try it. i think it helped me confront a lot of things in my mind that weren't as clear to me before.

i know a lot of NFs with similar persuasions when it comes to parties and such.. i find it sort of strange, because those things kind of make me more aware and vocal about all the random observations and ideas passing through my head.. and i was always under the impression that people liked to drink and get stoned to forget about all that stuff.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have a very bad sweet tooth. Love my tea and my cigarettes. That's pretty much it.

Really enjoyed taking speed as a teenager but realised quickly just how much i wanted more of it. So immediately stopped.

I do like crazy wild things like driving at speed. I need to go paint balling and do an assault course. Adrenaline thing i suppose.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe