Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Default The Little Things That Make You Happy

What are they? What are those little things in life that make your days worth it, make you feel that wave of contentment just when you need it, or just make you smile?

1. When my cat sneezes and gets this "What the hell just happened to me?" look on his face afterward.

2. When I've balanced my food budget well enough to find I can justify the purchase of more expensive items like an Asian pear or maybe a bottle of Sobe Liz Blizz

3. Watching my 63 year old Mom playing video games and seeing her beam with pride when she completes a difficult mission she wasn't sure she could on "Jak & Daxter".

4. When I make my friend's 2-year old giggle so hard she falls over.

5. When I people watch and catch sight of people looking at each other with that particular twinkle of affection in their eyes.

6. When I can fix something without having to buy a new one.

7. When I look at the dignified army of 36 Santa Pez Dispensers my older brother and I have been building on every Christmas since 1991, and think of how we always talk about being prepared for the inevitable 'War Of The Pez Dispensers".

YOUR TURN!!
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

GF says there's a little thing about me that makes her happy, but I have no clue what it is. Anyways:

Stars. I guess not little things at all, but the night sky is wonderful. Give me a hammock and a moonless night in Vermont, and I am content.

Coffee and a book. I run home from work at times, make a giant mug, and plop into a couch and read whatever it is I'm reading, and I am the happiest person in the world.

Probably some others, but since they're little, I probably take them for granted and I am forgetting about them.

MBTI
    INTJ

Having the first cool day in Texas today in months.

Music that I can relate to.

My bike:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post810092
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yesterday I had a new rock album in the car stereo cranked high enough to make the speakers vibrate and was zipping down the highway dancing in my seat to it, hands in the air.

(I guess that's a bad idea when you're driving though, maybe I should stop that. It works much better in my room, when I can dance around inside the Wall o' Sound.)

It's just a little joy that makes life worth living.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    GF says there's a little thing about me that makes her happy, but I have no clue what it is.

Comments like this.

Also, good music and being around the people I love.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

bunch of other things:

- Climbing into bed under my soft covers late at night when I'm really tired, it feels soooooo goooood.

- watching my kids laugh hard enough to burst. (One of them used to fart when he laughed too hard while younger, which just really brought the house down because he'd start farting over and over because he laughed harder and harder.... yeeesh!)

- Sitting along the river watching the sun set over the ridge, all the light reflected on the glassy water, and watching the light diminish into the multihued deep colors of nighttime.

- sitting in the sun and just feeling its warmth soak into me.

- another woman smiling warmly at me as we pass.

- getting a card in the mail, or having someone unexpectedly PM me / drop me a little note.

- that first bit of coffee heath bar crunch ice cream (or similar flavors)... wow.

- a long delicious kiss with someone I care about but haven't been able to see for awhile.

- just watching TV while leaning against someone else.

- Opening a new book.

- Starting to explore a new city, or a new trail in the woods, or climbing a new rock or tree, or just going somewhere new where possibilities to explore are endless.

- Putting on a new dress or article of clothing in the dressing room and getting a rush because it makes me look REALLY good.

- Jumping into a hot shower from a freezing-cold bathroom.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

My morning mug of tea.

My cat.

A good meal.

Basking in a ray of sunlight (yes, there's a reason I own a cat. I'm much like one. ha.)

Music.

Playing board games or cards with friends/family.

Dark chocolate.

I know there's a lot more...that's just what came to my mind initially.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    fool

my dog!

windy, rainy, stormy weather

making someone laugh really hard - and people who just have the laugh

okay, laughing makes me really happy otherwise too

endorphines

gettting huggged by someone close to me really tight even though I'm not usually iniating it

music ^^

being around happy people - it makes me happy when i see those i care about happy and well

waterparks.

really cool thread, Gloriana!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

- the starts at night outside the city (yes Jock, me too)
    - a caller saying thank you when I fix a problem
    - a smiling baby
    - walking down a quiet street in a rain storm
    - discovering a small glade that looks untouched
    - the feeling of a breeze from off the water
    - knowing at least someone in the world is genuinely happy

great, now I feel like I need a shot of insulin...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Stars. I guess not little things at all, but the night sky is wonderful. Give me a hammock and a moonless night in Vermont, and I am content.

I adore stars. But I have to be in the right mood to truly appreciate them. Usually, I'm too much in a hurry to take the time to actually look up. When I do, I always stare way too long.

Only thing I can think of atm are text messages. Preferably sweet ones, or someone asking me if I want to get a cup of tea.

Oh, and I have a thing for silly coffee mugs. Which makes me enjoy drinking tea.