What are they? What are those little things in life that make your days worth it, make you feel that wave of contentment just when you need it, or just make you smile?
1. When my cat sneezes and gets this "What the hell just happened to me?" look on his face afterward.
2. When I've balanced my food budget well enough to find I can justify the purchase of more expensive items like an Asian pear or maybe a bottle of Sobe Liz Blizz
3. Watching my 63 year old Mom playing video games and seeing her beam with pride when she completes a difficult mission she wasn't sure she could on "Jak & Daxter".
4. When I make my friend's 2-year old giggle so hard she falls over.
5. When I people watch and catch sight of people looking at each other with that particular twinkle of affection in their eyes.
6. When I can fix something without having to buy a new one.
7. When I look at the dignified army of 36 Santa Pez Dispensers my older brother and I have been building on every Christmas since 1991, and think of how we always talk about being prepared for the inevitable 'War Of The Pez Dispensers".