User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Funny..

MBTI
    ????

Default Funny..

it's funny that you don't see very many
    ESFP, ESTJ, ESTP and other ESXX types on forums like this.
    are there any here? my mom says they're all out with real friends.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think your mom is right.

Sensors are also more likely with real friends because they are more tangible material comforts. Or maybe they just have lives.

That and most of us here despise them...

(ISxx types are also reasonably rare around here.)

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'd rather have a face-to-face conversation any day than be online, but not many of my real life friends are into MBTI.
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    That and most of us here despise them...
    Speak for yourself. (I suppose it can seem that way at times, though)

Quote Originally Posted by girlnamedbless View Post
    I'd rather have a face-to-face conversation any day than be online, but not many of my real life friends are into MBTI.
    Both online and face-to-face conversations have their advantages and disadvantages.

You have access to a much larger community of shared interests online, and you can go in depth on particular topics. Though there are real life clubs where you can do that too for some interests. I much prefer to play chess in person than online.

In person, is real interaction, and that has value in itself. However, for someone whose mind hops around as often as mine does, communication is very difficult.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    You should listen to your mom more.

Now go do your homework, you lazy ass!

MBTI
    INTJ

I can't imagine any of the ESFPs I know giving two shits about MBTI or any online forum.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Socionics
    SLI

Perhaps they are here. Perhaps they don't even know they are ESxx-s. Perhaps they are all mistyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I can't imagine any of the ESFPs I know giving two shits about MBTI or any online forum.
    I can totally imagine my ESTP friends really getting into MBTI and online communities in general (Actually, I'm pretty certain they are on some forums, are a part of some online community). But they'd probably think they are ENTJ-s.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think ESxx types aren't really attracted to theories, for one thing, and for another, don't prefer Introverted mediums such as the Internet. They would much rather be out in the real world doing something, helping someone. IN's are the perfect Internet creatures.

Here's part of a song that could be said to symbolize a lot of INxx attitudes toward external reality...

"I have my books
    And my poetry to protect me;
    I am shielded in my armor,
    Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
    I touch no one and no one touches me."

Not for all of them... but often enough.

You can't really blame Sensors for avoiding this place.

As far as the internet as a whole I'd thing that ESxx types would use things like myspace to augment their meatspace socialization. The Real_Internet has been built and populated by IxTx geeks/nerds since it began and probably appeals to Introverts in general.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

In online games, my ES friends barely bother to say "hi" let alone starting a discussion: they're there to play. They dont chat in our clan chat either, apart from fixing a game for themselves. Sometimes I get them into a short discussion if there's something big to talk about.

They certainly dont elaborate on their comments on web forums, and they dont even bother to structure their emails in very good form. Each of their posts can be read in 10 seconds, and they have probably taken a minute to write. They only include the absolute minimum of information needed to refer to something real. They don't seem to care about each others emails more than giving a passing thought about them for 2 minutes a week.

Some of them go to warcraft clan pages, but just to upload their recent games and see how their current ranking. THey don't bother to chat a lot, just enough to manage any problems in game ranking. It's not social via talking or typing. It is related to the games they played: they talk endlessly about the good tactics used in the games they view, and discuss what each of the players did bad and well, and practice playing.

Another ES from different group likes youtube a lot. He views guitar lessons from there and practices on his guitar. He don't think that the action is in the comments. He rarely cares about them. Instead he views the videos and looks at the "related" list and searches the next video by name and look.

Yet another S loves making psychological tests on the web. She makes them a lot and sends them for me, too. There's most often some comment area in the web sites, but she doesn't bother to participate in them. She writes long, elaborate, detailed emails where she goes deep into issues, and reads and discusses with understanding. When she participates in some web forum, its a cutesy comment to a picture of a dog or another pet, or something in relation to a fun, personal feature in a social web site, like a picture or something.

So all in all, S comment styles I have seen are long in subjects of deep interest, related to a hard-core practical, actual interest, not that of talking. The real action is in the exchange that occurs in the web site, whatever it is, looking videos, viewing games, commenting on pets or whatever.

If we were to attract S people in the large, we would have to make some kind of a service that would have people participating by exchanging pictures or other personal data, or using some kind of a system or a game. Mostly whatever that interests them, that is not just talking, but involves something that works, which has same kind of units of information submitted by different participants, forming an interactive network of sort.

It involves an idea, and a service, and if made in MBTI, it would be something that reveals something essential from people.. perhaps facial MBTI typing practice, guess-the-type, different kinds of tests and games. It would not be just by starting a thread and asking for people to participate, but there would have to be editorial content, titles, headlines, pictures, so it would look like something generated by a web editor. It would have clear theme and some examples of how it works. Web forms that promote easy participation: polls, well-structured questions, etc. It would have to be more visual, less talk, with usability given more thought.