User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    yupp

yeah i wasn't exactly talking about other people, people are going to act how they're going to i just from my point of view see how people can enjoy behaving like that.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Perhaps you would have better luck asking people in person. You could try going to a public place and asking random people. Pretending that you believe they are pretentious will make the exchange a pleasant one.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh...well it's just because they prioritize things differently.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

If this were a thread about being opinionated and self-righteous I'd be able to make a larger contribution, but unfortunately I don't think I'm all that pretentious. However, this may be a blind spot

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    All you need to be pretentious is to feel superior in something, anything. Then constantly think about what you think you are superior about. It's funny because a lot of people who think they aren't pretentious because they don't wear designer labels can be pretentious about being intelligent, strong, creative, attractive or even being an intuitive. I've seen plenty of people pretentious about their intuition on here.
    Oops may be I am pretentious. [Considers how intelligent, organised, decisive and intuitive one is ... hmmm yeeeeeaaaah].

MBTI
    ENFP

You couldn't be pretentious, it's too hard. Only people like me can be pretentious.

If this thread isn't a personal attack on my moral, sexual and intellectual superiority, how am I supposed to sleep at night?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    yupp

why should I give a fuck whether or not you sleep?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The only sin you can commit in Australia is to be pretentious.

And I love pretending.

But you should be careful about what you pretend to be, for that is what you will become.

Of course rather than being pretentious you could keep on reciting the conventional wisdom in a literal minded way.

I wonder why you bother. I mean almost everyone is conventionally wise and literal minded.

Still, I guess your lust to belong leaves your desire for freedom in the dust.

And lust in the dust pretends to be nothing it is not.

Indeed your cultural imperative is to distance yourself from the phony and embrace the sincere.

So your cultural imperative teaches you that the phony are pretentious and the sincere are unpretentious.

And all of us want to be good and be seen to be good, so naturally we want to be unpretentious and be seen to be unpretentious - to belong and to be seen to belong to your culture and its cultural imperatives.

And how natural, as it is the job of mothers to teach the cultural imperatives to their children so that they will come to belong.
    Yes. Phony is the word.
    I love phony.

Norma Jean was phony, too. She was lovely. She got to the top. Beverly Hills.
    The shoreline of Malibu. Palms. Ocean. Sandy beaches. Sun and shelter.
    Scotch on the rocks. The curious sound when the spoon hits the glass.
    And of course, only we phonies know how to smoke a fag.
    Frankie was phony, too.

This thread uncovers all the nonphonies. Let them suffocate in their envy.
    Only the sincere is ingenuine. Only the sincere knows how to phony.

because I'm better than you
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”