User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

yeah we have a hipster infestation here in chicago aswell, i don't brush my hair, but it's honestly because i can never remember where i put my brush and i don't always wash my hair cuz it slips my mind but i do smoke but fuck why would i purposley rip my clothes?
    and who cares if i do pills, i don't, but why would i talk about that loudly in public that seems retarted. But I like art history, but i fucking hate fashion.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Alternative view: most people just don't have any balls yet want a feel good democratic/nietszchian slave morality to feel good about themselves and achieve social status. It's GENERALLY not wisedom that pushes people to call one an asshole or pretentious but pettiness

I do agree that pure pretention just sucks as it leads to close mindedness, but it's still better than the general self rigtheousness of jealous needy small minded people.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

prplchknz, you realize my post was made somewhat in jest, right? I mean, we do have scores of those types of people crawling around lower Manhattan, but I'm not ACTUALLY recommending that you do such things.

Dali

Discuss the finer points of the gesamtkunstwerk approach to opera while throwing in a comment or two with regards to it's superiority to the Italian school of music and simultaneously decrying the dearth of suitable Wagner and Strauss interpreters.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    prplchknz, you realize my post was made somewhat in jest, right? I mean, we do have scores of those types of people crawling around lower Manhattan, but I'm not ACTUALLY recommending that you do such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    Discuss the finer points of the gesamtkunstwerk approach to opera while throwing in a comment or two with regards to it's superiority to the Italian school of music and simultaneously decrying the dearth of suitable Wagner and Strauss interpreters.
    i have no clue what you just said, but i'm sure if i repeated people would think i was full of myself so, thanks
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hey i'm from dallas and know lots of pretentious people...i think they're funny. :/

like my friend who always valets everywhere he goes...even at the mall haha

and actually slips hostesses money so he doesn't have to wait even at dive cafes haha

and then my other friend who only wears hand tailored clothes haha...ahhh dallas is a mess...they're funny though and have cool personalities despite the pretentiousness
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Or if you don't want to go the hipster route (who would), you could always go the fashionable intellectual route. It's similar but less grungy and possibly more full of itself.

Here are some starting tips:
    -Mention Foucault whenever possible.
    -Make really bad witticisms pertaining to inside information or (even better) a theorist like Foucault.
    -Talk about the most recent Godard film you've watched for the fifty thousandth time.
    -Drink expensive imported teas and do so loudly (what good is it if no one else notices?)
    -Namedrop like crazy. Literary experts, figures, professors...those do well. Similar to Foucault advice. Ex., "That reminds me of the time I went out to lunch with Frederic Jameson. He was in town giving a lecture a couple of years ago and blah blah blah..."
    -Sneer at popular movies. Especially anything made in the last ten years. Except, don't sneer so much at Hollywood movies, that's passe. Sneer instead at the so-called "good" or "intelligent" films for the masses. You know, the ones that are good enough for the academy awards but still too Hollywood for your standards.
    -Sneer at popular television shows.
    -Pine after the days of "better" music whilst sneering at anything produced in the last ten years.
    -Sneer at hipsters. They wouldn't know avant garde if it shat in their lap.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default How to Become a Pretentious A-hole

A.) Inflate head with noxious gases

B.) Insert head inside ass, (preferably your own)
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    yupp

ok so if it's only preferable and since i'm not that flexible i find someone elses ass to stick my head up.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, we don't call pretentious people pains in the ass for nothing!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles