User Tag List

First 456

PinkPiranha, you seem dangerous.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Are you curious about what other people think of you?

Do you care one way or the other? (Why or why not?)

Are their perceptions of you usually accurate?
    I ponder about it from time to time. Though, even if I need something from someone, I still don't place much value on it. However, if I care about the person in question, well then of course I would care.

I usually think about it, and start to think that somebody may perceive me negatively, then realize that they don't know me enough to make that call, and then shrug and forget it.

In the end, I know what/who I am, and no confirmation is needed in most cases.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    It's the razor sharp cattle-mauling teeth, isn't it. *grumbles*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    She always seemed just... fiercely herself, to me.

She is pretty dangerous if holding a wrench and smiling at the same time, though. Watch out for that.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Winged View Post
    She always seemed just... fiercely herself, to me.
    And admiring the Winged from her pool of water.

She is pretty dangerous if holding a wrench and smiling at the same time, though. Watch out for that.
    I can do bad things with a torque wrench.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

No.

I care so little that sometimes I worry about how little I care. The opinion of roughly five people in the world matters to me, and the rest can think whatever they please, because they will anyway.

No. Given no story, people just make stuff up. It's kind of amusing sometimes, but mostly it isn't. For some reason, people see me as mysterious and hard to get to know. When I try to explain myself, I get told repeatedly that I'm weird, which hurts my feelings and makes me feel alienated. I have just learned to be patient and wait for "my people" to show up in my life, and eventually they do, they're just few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    No.

I care so little that sometimes I worry about how little I care. The opinion of roughly five people in the world matters to me, and the rest can think whatever they please, because they will anyway.

No. Given no story, people just make stuff up. It's kind of amusing sometimes, but mostly it isn't. For some reason, people see me as mysterious and hard to get to know. When I try to explain myself, I get told repeatedly that I'm weird, which hurts my feelings and makes me feel alienated. I have just learned to be patient and wait for "my people" to show up in my life, and eventually they do, they're just few and far between.
    what do you think of yourself?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    No, I don't. Not unless I have to. Like if I'd get involved in politics or something like that, where it matters what other people think of you.

I really don't. Either way. I mean, I don't care in an emotional way. I don't get upset or sad if someone's saying mean, bad things about me. The way I don't get exited or very happy if someone's giving me a compliment. Although, I do care in a more intellectual way: I care about criticism and positive feedback, only to improve my next performance.

Negative perceptions of me: People very often tell me to apologize. They tell me I'm stubborn, wrong and mean. I can't say I agree. I have a very good sense of what's right and wrong, fair and unfair, and I'm not afraid to act on it. I think most people are, and that's why they think that the ones that aren't, are wrong and mean. I am stubborn, though. If I think I'm right. But I'm the first one to back off if the argument becomes silly and irrelevant, that way, I'm not stubborn.

People think I'm offensive and insensitive, and that might be true. But I never intend to be offensive. I can be insensitive if that's what it takes to get through to someone or to lift up the truth of the matter. I don't take peoples feelings into account, when it comes to whats correct and what's fair. But I always try to be respectful. If people still think I'm offensive, then that's their problem, isn't it?

I remember the negatives very well, cause I just had an incident today with a good friend of mine lashing out at me, for no good reason.

Positive perceptions of me: Direct, straight to the point, funny, raw, ambitious, very honest, calm, strategic, friendly, aggressive, take charge and responsible. I think those perceptions are pretty fair and accurate, cause they come naturally to me. Also, people say I'm sarcastic, but I don't know whether to put that under negative or positive.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I try not to.
    Last edited by Tiltyred; 09-22-2009 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Responding to MaybeLogic