User Tag List

View Poll Results: What option best describes your initial recognition of your T/F preference?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I identify as an ITP and I was pretty sure of my T preference from the beginning

10 22.22%
  • I identify as an ITP but I was unsure of my T preference at first

3 6.67%
  • I identify as an ETP and I was pretty sure of my T preference from the beginning

2 4.44%
  • I identify as an ETP but I was unsure of my T preference at first

2 4.44%
  • I identify as an ITJ and I was pretty sure of my T preference from the beginning

4 8.89%
  • I identify as an ITJ but I was unsure of my T preference at first

2 4.44%
  • I identify as an ETJ and I was pretty sure of my T preference from the beginning

0 0%
  • I identify as an ETJ but I was unsure of my T preference at first

0 0%
  • I identify as an IFP and I was pretty sure of my F preference from the beginning

2 4.44%
  • I identify as an IFP but I was unsure of my F preference at first

3 6.67%
  • I identify as an EFP and I was pretty sure of my F preference from the beginning

3 6.67%
  • I identify as an EFP but I was unsure of my F preference at first

3 6.67%
  • I identify as an IFJ and I was pretty sure of my F preference from the beginning

1 2.22%
  • I identify as an IFJ but I was unsure of my F preference at first

6 13.33%
  • I identify as an EFJ and I was pretty sure of my F preference from the beginning

3 6.67%
  • I identify as an EFJ but I was unsure of my F preference at first

0 0%
  • I identify as an IP but I am as yet unsure of my T/F preference

1 2.22%
  • I identify as an IJ but I am as yet unsure of my T/F preference

0 0%
  • I identify as an EP but I am as yet unsure of my T/F preference

0 0%
  • I identify as an EJ but I am as yet unsure of my T/F preference

0 0%
First 123

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Also I'd like to add that I believe there are too many options on this poll in order to get a statistically relevant sample.
    One can always condense the information until statistical relevance is achieved. This way it's detailed for that potential day in the future when 200 members have voted and people want to know how it breaks down. Ni for the win!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Re OP:

Given that I've found myself thinking things like "these feelings I'm having are completely irrational" and "it's logical she would feel that way", getting a "T" didn't come as a particularly large surprise when I took an MBTI test for the first time.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I had this plan to describe why I basically consider myself a bit "F of center", even though I pretty consistently test out as a T. But Cascademn pretty much summed my experience up exactly, almost eerily so , except that I'm definitely a P, and not a J.

I think I have more trouble identifying T vs. F not only because it's the only MBTI factor where I'm anywhere near the middle of the range, but because it's the one that's impacted the most by circumstance. Having dinner with friends? More F. At work working on a database application? Almost all T. When doing any sort of test, I tend to look back on what I may or may not do in the circumstance posed by each question, and if that situation's more likely to come up at work, I'll almost always answer T - even though it's not what I'd do outside of work. My internal motivations and concerns lie more along F lines, so that's probably more accurate.
    Ditto!

MBTI
    infp

The F function made a great deal of sense to me when I first read about it -it fit me very well. However, I did once test as T, and after a quick look at what that means exactly and what the "INTP" character it described was, I quickly realized it did not fit me nearly as well as the INFP (which I distinctly remember being jaw-droppingly accurate, and it still is, but its no longer suprising). So, what I'm saying is that I'm very sure of my F, and the small period of doubt I once had has been resolved.

I don't even think it said I was a T because of my personality, but rather because of how some of the questions were worded. It was the humanmetrics site, and, for example, one question is "You analyse everything". I do analyse everything, but not logically. I analyse things in more of an intuitive way than anything, and with a strong F as well . I analyse an event or something and think about what it means on the bigger scale, and I think about how people must have felt about it and how I feel about it -very N and Fi, and not so much Ti. Another question was "you think anything can be analysed", and once again, I assumed that my N/F style analysis applied to that, but it ended up being a "T" thing they must have been talking about. Another is "You feel involved watching a soap opera"... I don't watch soap operas, and I find them kind of cheesey, not my kind of show, so og course I said no. Now I realize that this question is seeing if you sympathize with people in TV shows and movies -which is soemthing I DO do a great deal.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    One can always condense the information until statistical relevance is achieved. This way it's detailed for that potential day in the future when 200 members have voted and people want to know how it breaks down. Ni for the win!
    That is awefully optimistic for Ni.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    That is awefully optimistic for Ni.
    My Te decided it might be a slim shot but one that was worth pursuing since there were no real costs associated with creating adequate poll options.