Thread: Vanity Searches

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Default Vanity Searches

Who does them on here? How about on google? Any funny/interesting stories from searching your real name on google?

I can't resist a good ol' vanity search of the forum once and a while, especially when it uncovers gems like this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post816709
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Phantonym

No. I haven't done them in the forum. Some things are best left to dust. Sweet oblivion. I Google my name every once in a while to assure myself that there isn't anything about me out there. Thank who/whatever for data protection laws Google gives me exactly three matches that have fallen through the cracks. Excellent, and that's the way it should stay. I'd love to have no matches at all but, apparently, I do have a life.

Oh, but I Google others I want to know everything! Which is quite difficult because of the data protection laws. That sucks

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Yep, I do them. I like to know if I've missed anything here. It's curiosity more than anything.

As far as googling - I've learned that there is one other predominant person by my name who is an Irish dancer. Other than that there aren't a ton of us. I know there's one in the same province as me who is also into music which is strange because my last name is quite uncommon (despite having two TV characters with the same name who share my last name). I have a couple of little things out there, but nothing incriminating or too invasive.

I do them on the forum now and again. Thanks to a couple of members I have to search wolfy and wolfie. But that's OK, I love 'em for it.

I never do a google search because there are too many people more famous than me.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i have never tried it before, but i tried googling my name after reading this thread. nothing good came up, i have a weird name.

MBTI
    ENTP

I wouldn't search myself on here...

On other forums, I would be searching for information that I'd posted... I kind of see a fair bit of the net as a diary/storage facility where I've left stuff I can go back too later...

As for google, yes I've search for myself - not often but not for vanity reasons, security reasons, and access issues... I'm hyper consious of what information people can get about you through careless net use...

That sounds a horrible square answer..

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I used to vanity search posts on forums in the past, but more specifically to remember and relive fun moments. It's always fun to look back to good moments.

I've never done so on this forum, maybe because I haven't really been gone much. So I don't really feel like much is in the past and interesting to look back up.

I love google vanity search with my internet alias's. One of my alias's is all over several russian sites. Thanking, praising and crediting me for some programming I did years ago. It feels quite nice if I must say so myself. It's sort of like a small bit of immortalisation if something sticks on the internet.

Even though in truth it's not important anyhow, they don't know me, just my name. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have googled my name. Nothing interesting.

However, my ex got into trouble .. Just the same name and not the same person. Phew, lol.

................ took over $300,000 in payments for sports cards and memorabilia.
    Fraud .. never the way to go.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

The only time I put my name in google is before telling someone what it is to check and see if anything comes up that I don't want shared.

Here though, I do vanity searches all the time, it's the only way I know if someone's waiting for a response.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I did one on the forum because of this thread! I didn't find much I hadn't already seen. People need to talk about me in public more and less whispering behind my back.

Yes, if you don't "get" me this is a joke. People need to whisper behind my back more, too.