First 123

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    Nunki and Wolfy, how do you use Ti? And how do you use Fi? Are there specific scenarios you'd use them in? I'd be interested in how you use Ni/Ne too,
    I have a feeling I'll end up repeating the definitions of the processes, but here you go (very briefly):

Fi -- Deciding what is important to me and discarding everything. Paying attention to my reactions to things and using that as the basis for a sense of right and wrong. Empathizing with other people by imagining myself in their position.

Ti -- Getting a basic sense of the structure of a system. Automatically noticing logical inconsistencies. Visualizing the flow of a process. Choosing my words with an eye toward clarity and logical correctness.

Ne -- Saying wacky things that usually involve random connections. Drawing links between ideas based on implied, but not very obvious, relationships. Stumbling across something that sparks off a flow of ideas or sheds light on a mystery. Having the answers rush out of me all at once, in a chain of connections that links one idea to the next.

Ni -- Synthesizing apparent contradictions by viewing them from a broader perspective. Detaching from reality to observe things from a universal vantage point. Seeing through assumptions and proposing alternative interpretations that transform the situation. Being aware of how our biases color reality and attempting to remove those biases so that I can make an informed judgment. Letting the answers come to me instead of reasoning them out. Getting glimpses of possible futures. Just knowing things without being able to explain this knowledge (that is, until Ti puts together a rationale, which usually doesn't take long).
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    So anyways... just a few thoughts. What do y'all think?
    It's true, whenever Ti is called for, I believe that I typically use a Ne/Ni/Te combo instead. I actually got a (liberal arts) math degree that way! I'm great at proofs, where I can plod along until I hit the hard part and then pull the key out of my Ni; but for some reason, I suck at more numerical, applied topics such as statistics. Hmmm... it occurs to me that maybe I shouldn't go back to school for accounting? I enjoy and do well in economics, though, so maybe I should do that instead.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    It's true, whenever Ti is called for, I believe that I typically use a Ne/Ni/Te combo instead. I actually got a (liberal arts) math degree that way! I'm great at proofs, where I can plod along until I hit the hard part and then pull the key out of my Ni; but for some reason, I suck at more numerical, applied topics such as statistics. Hmmm... it occurs to me that maybe I shouldn't go back to school for accounting? I enjoy and do well in economics, though, so maybe I should do that instead.
    Really? I thought having a math degree was proof that you have all the Ti skill you'll ever need.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?