User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: listlessness

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default listlessness

I recently witnessed an increased amount of listlessness within friends and people around me. + I join a german chat regulary for 10 years and the people there, in one of the rooms, are the embodiement of the above mentioned.

You got any clue how this can happen to someone ?

There was that discussion lately in the SP forums about S being about experiencing life actively, while N is about experiencing life passively. Or to say it better S gains experience by living it and N gains experience by exploring it.

That listlessness would be differently perceived for N and S in my opinion. N would have a lack of new challenges, while S would have a lack of new places / situations to experience.

I am very young, so I can hardly imagine how someone could possibly get into saied problematic attitude and I'ld fear getting into it. It's letting me down, sometimes even depressing to listen to such people. But I cant help it, I am curious, therefore I do it again always.

Any thoughts about it ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Ich habe keine ahnung. Manner interresant ist, aber Bio und Physik besser sind.
    TRANS
    I have no idea. Humans are interesting, but Biology and Physics are better.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

yea, you're right, should prolly not stick my nose in matters I will never understand no matter how hard I try .

btw. Manner = Mnner = men

humans = Menschen

but other than that, quite good

MBTI
    ENTP

Listlessness can be a sign of depression, maybe people are bored by the ecconomic situation being bleak and thus feeling unmotivated in their lives....

I think people have become very consumer orientated so when they can't afford to shop and get instant gratification, it makes them more down than they would be.

Phantonym

The summer lightness is over, people prepare for "hibernation" during the winter.

Some people become jaded, cynical, bitter. It's a tough cycle to break when you feel that there's not much to look forward to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

listless people need to chill out! worrying doesn't solve anything, but if you don't allow your mind to compute this and accept it, you will continue to be a listless bastard...no wonder people use drugs and turn to alcoholism.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Es gibt viele Maenner, das nicht auf den Zukunft denken. Ploeztlich ist seine Arbeit langweilig, seine Frau gelangweilt, und sein Leben lustlos (I suppose that's how'd you translate listless). Trotzdem wenn man ueber den Zukunft seines Lebens denkt, kann es Erlebnisse und Arbeiten gut entscheiden, um nicht lustlos zu sein.

That's how I approach the issue, at least, when I see friends that start to be lustlos.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

lustlos fasse ich mich an und merke dann, ich bin schon lange kalt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

unt kainer ayah! lol unsure of spelling but part of a Tool song aka recipe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Listlessness can be a sign of depression, maybe people are bored by the ecconomic situation being bleak and thus feeling unmotivated in their lives....

I think people have become very consumer orientated so when they can't afford to shop and get instant gratification, it makes them more down than they would be.
    Well at the present moment, at least in my country, people got more money to shop than ever. We werent really hit by the financial depression, economy even grows again and the consumer market was not hit at all.

Just the gap between really poor and really rich has become huge. There is no real in the middle no more, whats a problem but yet still too faint to be noticed really.

The thing so is, people are depressed here always. 24/7 it's even considered being polite if you complain about something in a discussion. It's frustrating for someone who doesnt want to play along.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    The summer lightness is over, people prepare for "hibernation" during the winter.

Some people become jaded, cynical, bitter. It's a tough cycle to break when you feel that there's not much to look forward to.
    That's a good point yes and that plays into it aswell. Autuum and the end of winter, when its not really spring yet are the worst times of year.

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    listless people need to chill out! worrying doesn't solve anything, but if you don't allow your mind to compute this and accept it, you will continue to be a listless bastard...no wonder people use drugs and turn to alcoholism.
    Yea worrieing too much is part of that too. The funny thing tho is, people dont show they are "just" worried, they rather complain about the world being unfair. It's a real chaotic principle.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Es gibt viele Maenner, das nicht auf den Zukunft denken. Ploeztlich ist seine Arbeit langweilig, seine Frau gelangweilt, und sein Leben lustlos (I suppose that's how'd you translate listless). Trotzdem wenn man ueber den Zukunft seines Lebens denkt, kann es Erlebnisse und Arbeiten gut entscheiden, um nicht lustlos zu sein.

That's how I approach the issue, at least, when I see friends that start to be lustlos.
    Yes exactly. And I even would expand that and say the future is the most if anything to think about and plan ahead. But that's just a personal sentiment .

-----------------

To you all, what I called listlessness, may be not such a huuuge problem and I am glad for that. But I had to deal with it all my life and its absolutely understandable that I suffer from cyclic depression, if you are a naturally happy and naive person but nevertheless get fed with a huge amount of complaining and depressing views on the world on a regular basis from people who live a really good life, as in they have plenty of food, enough money and a peaceful and stable environment.

I am a big fan of the theory that boredom with oneself leads to listlessness one day and that there are like 10 out of 20 people in every generation who suffer from that and the other 8 people copy that behaviour to be socially accepted. So 18 people then make the other 2, who still have dreams and set goals for them to accomplish suffer a lot.

I am lucky tho, with age I eventually cultivated a very dry and sarcastic, as in stinging humor. And nowadays I know all the ever recurring phrases of speech people use to start a depressing conversation. And therefore before the group can react with being depressed, I tend to counter the phrase of speech in the first moment and the idea is dead .

Hasnt earned me many friends tho