User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrator View Post
    You seem like a very healthy INTJ. I imagine you do well in your workplace at getting jobs finished. How are you learning the art of flirting? Body language books? Great read!
    I try to learn by responding to a touchy-feely ENPT I'm in love with. He reminds me, by his flirting to me, that it is nice thing to receive and that I should maybe give it back to him . Same learningmethod with verbal flirting, but those I find much harder (I have no problem at all to flirt and be witty with someonde I don't feel romanic about ). Haven't done any reading. It might be a good idea: I bet there are billions of books about this available and it could be entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Luet View Post
    I try to learn by responding to a touchy-feely ENPT I'm in love with. He reminds me, by his flirting to me, that it is nice thing to receive and that I should maybe give it back to him . Same learningmethod with verbal flirting, but those I find much harder (I have no problem at all to flirt and be witty with someonde I don't feel romanic about ). Haven't done any reading. It might be a good idea: I bet there are billions of books about this available and it could be entertaining
    Yes, I like flirting. It's like my inner pleasure bubbles over. But when I really, really, really like someone, I am struck dumb. I can't speak. I can barely look at them. I don't even seem to be able to move.

Just when I need to be at my flirtatious best, I am a dumb beast, full of longing. How I want her to speak to me but I can't a word out. Then our eyes meet and the world seems to disappear and there is only her and the sound of her voice. "Are you alright", she asks.

And I have never been more alright in my entire life.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I am someone who may perceive myself differently on any given day. Certain aspects of my personality will come to the forefront on one day or in one situation, putting other aspects temporarily farther back, and on another day other aspects will assert themselves.

I was a quiet child, always feeling I was behind a glass wall, looking out at everyone, but never being able to get close to others (or wanting to get close), never relating to my peers. Probably three adjectives covered me at that time - I was known as 'sweet', 'quiet', and 'smart'. That was about it. I wasn't part of any group; I wasn't even a geek. (Although I was a geek. ) I was outside of everything. I had maybe one or two friends. I was very much into music - oboe and piano. I read a lot, did well at school, and was into the arts. Also very much into nature - especially birds - but I was embarrassed about this as well, because I knew none of my peers could relate, and knew I would be made fun of for it, so I tried to hide it stealthily.

I branched out in college, trying to break through the glass and interact with others, and college was a wonderful, fun time for me, a time when I felt connected with others, and developed some great friendships.

Started out in Electrical Engineering, but kind of hated it, so ended up with a degree in Ecology, Ethology, and Evolution. The subject matter interests me, but real-world applications/jobs proved to be not really what I wanted, so I haven't done anything related to my degree for a number of years.

I enjoy photography and watercolor painting, have spent much of my life reading , love getting outside and hiking (8-12 mile hikes have become my new standard - ha!), am pretty darn good at rock-climbing if I do say so myself, and love traveling.

I have traveled by myself a number of times. 3 weeks back in 2005 through the Greek Isles, several days up in Jasper Natl Park (Canadian Rockies) the same year, and most recently -- last November -- lived for 3 weeks in Cusco, Peru, with a local family while taking spanish classes, then traveled the remaining 4 weeks of my time down there with a friend through northern Peru and into Ecuador. Went to New Zealand by myself for about 3 weeks this past February. I've also traveled to Spain, Italy, Turkey, England, and Ireland. I hope to see many, many more parts of the world in future years.

Nature is uber-important to me. And when I say nature, I mean nature. Out in the wilderness, miles away from civilization. Animals, plants, and all of the other living organisms and how they interconnect with each other are of equal, if not greater, importance to me than humanity.

I adore my 7-yr-old cat too.

I have a zest for living life to the fullest, and trying to gain as much as I can out of life. Not missing out on opportunities, and overcoming personal fears to make for a richer, more fulfilling life. I want a life of meaning, richness, and love.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, I like flirting. It's like my inner pleasure bubbles over. But when I really, really, really like someone, I am struck dumb. I can't speak. I can barely look at them. I don't even seem to be able to move.

Just when I need to be at my flirtatious best, I am a dumb beast, full of longing. How I want her to speak to me but I can't a word out. Then our eyes meet and the world seems to disappear and there is only her and the sound of her voice. "Are you alright", she asks.

And I have never been more alright in my entire life.
    I am not alone in this But i promised myself to get some practise

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

How ironic, I think I know myself pretty damn well, yet it is quite difficult for me to describe myself (in this sort of context).

What a daunting task, no thank you.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Yea, I'm getting the itch already. There's something about living in a rural area that draws me in, but at the same time, my social needs demand something else. Where's the middle? I don't know.
    So, what do we have in common?
    Well we are both empathetic, raised in the south, relate to people who had intense emotional experiences in there life, used to love to write deep things, grandfather and father were a outdoorsman and musician, find peace in nature, grew up in the sticks err, moved to los angeles right when i moved out, want to move to NYC or DC, loves to go to the woods..ect where noone else goes often, sometimes having a painful childhood probably more than sometimes, I also got saved when i was feeling down and thought the bible might get my mind off of the hardships. I ended up getting saved but regret it. I was a christian for 6 years and now I'm agnostic. Kinda weird huh?! lol
    [SIGPIC]http://www.derekrhode.com/MiscHosting/Pics/151645.png[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

For starters, I am way too sexy for my shirt.

Kidding aside: I'm 7w8 sx/so with some 3 tossed in, and a ENxP. I fit the superficial image of a ENFP better, but I am a definite ENTP.
    I'm a little smartass (However you won't see much of that shine through on this forum) but I also love chaos and crazyness.
    And I'm very bad at talking about myself. :\
    I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Scatter-brained, but obsessively organized.

An idealistic strategist, and a pragmatic realist.

"Lethe, you're a contradiction." - INFJ friend

"A gossamer with a backbone of steel." - A NT friend

--------------------------------------------
    Story of my life:

"I often feel I am missing something, that I have a perspective or viewpoint that isnít widely shared and that I am decades ahead of my time, maybe more. Itís like being caught in a time warp.

[...]

Over time I have built a world-view, like constructing a map of the cosmos, and from this, essentially everything is understandable and anything is possible. All the things Iíve done, have been self-taught by picking up on or asking myself good, clear, penetrating questions to expose and articulate the hidden structures that underlie the experience of living." - INTJ BestFit Profile

--------------------------------------------
    (Template Borrowed from Jennifer)

Biggest strength: Perseverance. Resourcefulness. Problem-solving. Independence. Introspection. Open-mindedness.
    Biggest flaw: Stubborn. Overcritical. A flighty attention span. Also obsessive. Self-destructive. Very distant. Quick-tempered.
    Biggest drive: Insight. Curiosity. Ambition. Self-improvement.
    Biggest fear: Loss of long-term dreams.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrator View Post
    Well we are both empathetic, raised in the south, relate to people who had intense emotional experiences in there life, used to love to write deep things, grandfather and father were a outdoorsman and musician, find peace in nature, grew up in the sticks err, moved to los angeles right when i moved out, want to move to NYC or DC, loves to go to the woods..ect where noone else goes often, sometimes having a painful childhood probably more than sometimes, I also got saved when i was feeling down and thought the bible might get my mind off of the hardships. I ended up getting saved but regret it. I was a christian for 6 years and now I'm agnostic. Kinda weird huh?! lol
    When did you get saved, and why do you regret it? Why did you stop writing?
    I think it's pretty damn awesome that we have so much in common. It's amazing how you can live your life thinking you are alone in your circumstance, only to encounter people who have been going through very similar dramas and experiences in another place.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

There are so many parts to me that I'm not really sure how to describe it all. Here is one version:

I am a person who loves to learn new ideas, have new experiences, and meet new people. Well I really only like meeting new people if they are unusual, or if I can get them to open up about what they are passionate about. Talking to someone about their passion is always a good conversation. I've met and talked to all sorts of different people (without exaggeration): hippies, rightwing businessmen, felons, millionaires, beggers, hitch-hikers, professors, high-school dropouts, artists, religious zealots, a white supremicist, a druglord, and just about everything in-between. One of my closest friends has described me as, "the least judgmental person he's ever met", and I suppose that is true.

The biggest event of my life was committing my life to Christ when I was 23. It changed my whole outlook on life, and really a fair amount of life-changing events started happening to me shortly after that. About a year later I married a woman with an 8th grade education, while I was teaching as a math professor. We live in a house on the side of a ridge that feels a bit tucked away from society, but in reality it is a block away from downtown. We have a 15 month old daughter. My wife and daughter are my biggest joys in life.

When I was younger I had an intense passion for learning about everything. That has changed somewhat, because I have learned most of the things I wanted to learn, and I've found an answer to most of the questions that I've wanted answered. I'm at the point where I want to apply many of the things I've learned over the years. However, I've never really found a job I liked. My plan right now is to save aggressively and then retire or semi-retire early. I'd ultimately like to own a business that is both creative and collaborate in nature, like making films or video games. So my plan is to do something like this after I can retire from my current job.

I sometimes wonder if I come across as arrogant to some people. I know that I do come across as overconfident, because in truth I think very highly of myself. However I also think very highly of everyone else. I prefer to see everyone as basically equal, but each person has great potential and ability.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com