User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Thumbs down Holes in my shoes...

My shoes keep getting holes in the sole (under heel), and the material keeps dying at the toes and posterior edge. This occurs after approx. 4 months of everyday use, and I'm sick of buying shoes!

What is the most durable, long lasting shoe brand that you know of?

I'm willing to pay up to $100 for a pair of shoes that will last at least 2 years of everyday use.

Note: I have no fashion sense, so looks are not an issue.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Get a running or hiking shoe. I've had my Salomon hiking shoes since around 2002, although I don't wear them often.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Take any regular old shoes and cover them in duct tape. Now you have the most durable shoes you can get.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

Phantonym

Well, no wonder your shoes keep dying. Slavedriving does that, you know

It's not recommended to wear the same pair of shoes ever day. It's better to have a couple of pairs and rotate the use to extend their lifespan. Your feet would appreciate it as well.

What kind of shoes you had in mind?

Work shoes might not be that durable. As JAVO mentioned, running and hiking shoes are good. So are tennis and skate shoes. They have features that are designed to increase durability. I don't know about brands but you might want to check out those kinds of shoes

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Every year, I get a black pair and a brown or burgundy (whichever is available) pair of Rockport's World Traveler (or whatever it's called now) leather uppers. I wear the black to work and then switch socks and shoes (and pants and shirts) after. If my budget is tight and I need to wait past a year, then I can; it just puts more wear on my socks is all, once the fabric inside my shoes has worn away.

Oh, and I always get a Dr. Scholl's Tri-Comfort Insert for each pair. The heel cushion raises my Achilles' tendon past where it would rub uncomfortably on the top of the rear, and I can always use more arch support. So, add about $14 (IIRC) to each pair.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Bullet-proof, fire-proof, water-proof, illuminati-proof, all weather U.S. Military grade combat boots.

MBTI
    ENTP

If you are getting holes in the upper of the shoe by the heel it means you are letting you heels wear out and not having a cobbler re-heel them. If you take your shoes regularly to the cobbler most shoe will last 2 years...

You're posture may need a bit of work if you are wearing them out unevently.

The front dying could come from you simly wearing the shoes right down so their is no buffer between the upper and the sole. Mind do that as well and for me it's because I'm careless in the rain. Again you could ask a cobbler but it may be more about how you are treating your feet than anything else.

Having two pairs wouldn't hurt..

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

birkenstock, rockport- though they only come in wide widths from my experience- dansko, kidds, nike, aaron, walgreens flipflops, some others, tried them on recently, not a big name, hmmm..will try to remember. lots of good brands out there.

when i got fed up with shoes (around age 13) it was because i had read that no shoe should feel uncomfortable when new. rather the foot should feel comfortable when first trying it on. it's a myth that one needs to wear shoes 'in'. who came up with that anyway?

if a shoe directs me to wear it "in", i don't buy it.

some of these shoes that don't require me to wear them in are a bit out of my price range atm, but still, i remember the voice.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Bullet-proof, fire-proof, water-proof, illuminati-proof, all weather U.S. Military grade combat boots.
    I see what you did there.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I see what you did there.
    Yeah, that guy is still at it huh?