User Tag List

First 567

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I was at a Toystore. My mom just bought me a robot kitty. It was awesome. Then we went visiting an aquaintance and when I came home my dad said: "Guess what those Arabs did today?!"
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Wait, I already posted here months ago!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

lol @ saint kat... and I wasn't here for the first time!

I was a senior and my sis was a junior in high school and we didn't have to go in until noon because we had passed our graduation exams already. I got up before her and turned on the radio while getting ready for class and heard them interrupt the song "click, click, boom" by saliva with the announcement that a plane had run into the WTC... I thought that this was a typical morning show joke and went on getting ready. Then our crazy aunt (genuinely crazy) called over to announce that we were being attacked by terrorists. I just played along and got her off of the line, wondering why she was listening to a modern rock station

Then my sister's friend called to say to turn on the tv so we turned on the tv in my parents room for some reason and sat on their bed eating breakfast and watching it. It was a weird feeling of detachment in a way... it's not something that's easily processed.

Went into school and everyone had the tvs on in every classroom. Everyone wanted to go to war right then and there and I immediatly assured the fact that I'd be in conflict with almost EVERYONE for the rest of my school career by saying that a war would be pointless... yeah- thanks Osama, you made my senior year SUPER!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I was sleeping on the couch..my mom woke me up with "The world's ending..!" :confused:

Up until that point, I watched the news quite a bit.. Like, I think was sort of subconsciously waiting for some BIG story.. I stopped watching the news since (little here and there).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Has it been that long already?

Strange that I actually remember XD

I was actually just happened to be downstairs and the tv was on at the time on the news when I saw it occur; they'd showed some stuff about how people in third world countries were cheering, which actually made me laugh at how absurd it was that they would be happy that people they didn't even know were dying.

It kinda made me realize how bad it was though later on in the day when I was on a forum similar to this one, and the people there were either depressed or going nuts. It showed how a relatively minor thing can bring out the best and worst in people, and how quickly people overreact. It's like they felt their entire lives had been destroyed, even when the vast majority of them didn't even know anyone in the towers, and if yeu had've asked them about the WTC towers the day before they would've been like "yeah, whot about them? Who cares?"

I spent most of the day consoling friends who had lost people in the towers, and arguing with the knee-jerk-reactionaries who wanted to go on a nuclear rampage and wipe out half the world. There were alot of people who went berserk even before they knew who did it, and it showed quickly just how fragile the american mindset really is. It doesn't take much to cripple the entire country. Some go into a rage with no conscious thought, others break down into tears with no control over themselves. Very few were able to rationally evaluate the situation, as they almost all took it as a direct attack upon they themselves personally, rather than the towers.

Which's exactly whot the terrorists had wanted at the time.

It's disheartening to realize just how well their plan worked. Even if we someday 'cleanse' their entire regime and all their members from existence, it took a group of under 100 men to bring an entire country to its' knees.

For days and weeks, people were too numbed to do anything, even if they had NO direct relation to the towers whotsoever. The economy took a massive hit. People lived in fear. Even to this day, there's lasting ramifications that shall likely last for decades at the very least, such as the homeland security government branch, severe infringements upon personal rights in the name of 'national security', airport security and costs going through the roof a thousand times over, the president and other governmental positions gaining far more power than they legally should ever be allowed to have by yeur own constitution... there's dozens of things that were changed drastically for the worse, and many of these things had a domino effect worldwide.

Even if yeu wipe out every last member of the 'terrorists', it took less than 100 men to show the world that the USA can bleed, and that it does so remarkably easily. That it doesn't take much effort to break the supposedly 'strongest country in the world'. Yeu reacted in almost a textbook example of whot terrorists WANT yeu to do. They wanted yeu to look bad, they wanted yeu to bleed, they wanted yeu to panic, to go into a rage, and to look bad on the world sector. Yeur relations with the rest of the world have been devastated by the international policies breached by such actions following, such as the foot-in-door it allowed for the Iraq "war", if yeu can call it that.

They hurt yeu severely economically, emotionally, against yeur democracy, against yeur world image, and in many other ways.

They may die, but the rest of the world now knows how easy the states buckles under pressure, and how easily yeu spread yeurselves too thin. The actors from other countries have already lined up and are rehearsing for their roles now that they see just how easy it is. Al Queida or however it's spelled, never had the resources to truly destroy the states. They never pretended they did, or that they had to. All they had to do was show how easy it can be done.

There are far more terrorists and jihadists all over the world now because of their actions, and iran, north korea, china, and several other militant nations have their eyes on the states now because they saw how easy it was to spread the countrys' defenses and armament so thin with such ease.

I'm hoping that doesn't occur, because I have alot of close friends in the states... but I do fear that the reactions given were exactly the ones requested, and that other nations hostile to the states now have a precedent for how the states will react. All it'll take is for a single one of them to decide to take the first step in a real war, and the others will likely band together now that they know they can probably get away with it.

I'm hoping it never comes to that, honestly.

It really does hurt to see how easily that, otherwise rationally, sound minded people, fall into a gibbering wreck from a minor attack.

All over the world, such occurs on a far more regular basis. Even on a single day scale, the deaths at the WTC added *LESS* than 10% to the number of deaths that day worldwide. Over 40,000 people die daily due to various causes... 3,000 died in the WTC.

I understand if someone close to yeu was in the WTC, how that can severely affect yeu... but so many people didn't know anyone, directly, nor indirectly, who was there. It hit me hard, not in the fury of a nation attacked... but in the realization just how fragile our emotions and minds are, and how easy it is to break people as a whole.

And it showed me just how many belligerent, cruel people there were in the states who had just barely managed to contain their hatred of everyone else, who the moment they had a chance to show their malice without reprisal, they did so in spades.

I think that's whot bothered me most about the WTC. That it brought out the worst in people, not just the best. And there's ALOT of the worst in the states I learned that day.

EDIT: Oh wow it's only june XD This's from last year! Meaning it's almost 9 years now O.o Guess that shows just how good I am at telling date/time >.>;;

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

i was 15
    probably laying on the couch, or masturbating

edit: oh wait, this is a 9/11 thread
    I was in class
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Since adults thought that 9 year olds couldn't handle it I spent almost the entire day asking everyone what had happened. My fourth grade teacher's explanation of there were 4 plane crashes made no sense. People were way too concerned for it to have been just plane crashes. I found out the rest watching the news at 6 or so.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    ENTP

I was at the Sea Life Center with a few good friends. We had a really great time, watching the strangest sorts of fish and laughing and joking together.
    Until one of my friends got a phone call. I saw her mood changing. I remember thinking "Something bad happened there. Her grandmother died, or something like that."
    She let the arm with the phone fall and said "World war three has begun."
    We: "What? What happened?"
    She told.
    We continued the visit, but I only could look at the faces of the people. Gradually, more and more faces looked sad or serious.
    Afterwards, we went to the apartment and watched the news.

To me, 9/11 consists out of rays and sad faces.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

I was but a little boy, and I had just woken up and walked into the living room to see my mom on the couch with her hand over her mouth and a strange stare on her face. She was watching the footage, and I sat down in front of the television and watched also. I think the enormity of the situation was lost on me though, because I didn't fully comprehend what was going on, and I was detached from the whole thing. It was an amazing thing to watch. I was not happy that day.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

This was a clear bright day in Paris city skies.
    This early afternoon, I had a appoinment with my Dad and one of his fellow teacher, Gilles. We were sharing a coffee or two, when my father received an unexpected call from a common close friend who lives in NYC (His name was Karol).
    As he heard him, my father's face turned white, and he immediately asked me to switch the TV on.

At first glance, everything just sounded like usual, but after two minutes, CNN International started to react: a plane just had crashed on the WTC. And then, after another couple minutes, we saw the first images of the tower on fire.

The fellow teacher I mentioned was a trained building engineer (and so was my father). But his speciality was steel structures. Immediately after he watched the news he took a sheet of paper, and began to feverilishly take notes with the help of a pocket calculator. After 5 minutes, he exclaimed: "You should tell Karol to run away, I think there is a real chance the tower might collapse".

He had just said that when the second plane hit the South Tower, according to CNN.

As I understood later, our friend Karol was just a block away from the Twin Towers and had watched the event. He was about to volunteer to help firefighters when my father told him of the risk. Suddenly, his call stopped.

The following hour was very tense, as we speculated all three what would happen next. Gilles was persuaded that both towers would collapse soon, since skyscrapers's steel structures weren't designed to withstand such a sudden heat source, especially with tons of kerosene simultaneously spread over an entire floor level (a condition no accidental fire could reproduce). My father was more skeptical nonetheless, and kept arguing that if it was so, then they wouldn't risk to send rescue teams.

Unfortunately, Gilles was right. And then we watched, powerless, the familiar Twin towers collapse in a huge cloud of dust. I remember telling myself: "this is NOT a movie, this is real, this is happening NOW!".
    Thousands of lives were destroyed just in front of our eyes.
    I just didn't know what to do or what to think. I had been in the immediate vicinity of the Twin Towers so many times in the past when I lived in Manhattan, it looked surreal.
    Of course, we were considering the possibility our friend Karol was inside of those buildings. Fortunately, as we learned later in the day, he was not.

Later in the day we continued to discuss of the possible involvements of this crisis. What will happen later?

"Well for a terrorist, the next step", my father said", "will be A-bombs. The men who did that weren't afraid of death, and they sure have lots of resources. And to attack NYC, which is the capital-city of the Western world, means declaring war against everything what the Western civilization stands for".

---

Of course, we didn't know how lame president Bush (jr) was: excepted that he was dim-witted, that he had cheated during the elections, we knew nothing of him or almost.
    So we had no ways to predict how he would react.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI