User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Phantonym

I was a sophomore in the university at the time and I was at home that afternoon when I first heard of it. My brother told me about a plane crash in NY and honestly, my first thought was that it's some sick joke and it's nothing that serious. I turned on the TV and watched the footages over and over again for the rest of the evening, trying to get every little piece of information. Saying that it was horrible to witness is not even close to describe the feeling. Disbelief, confusion, helplessness...

MBTI
    INtP

I first heard about it on the radio while I was driving to work, when they thought that it was just an accident. Not long after I got to work the second plane crashed. I didn't really do much different that day at work, except for having to put up with the very rude ethnic-based comments from a few generally ignorant co-workers (they kept that up for weeks - usually laughing as they did). Kept to myself and didn't see anything much about it until I went home for the evening.

At the time I played EverQuest, and that evening was pretty much people trying to get in touch with / find out about friends who lived in NY/PA/DC to make sure that people were okay. All were physically okay - although there was one guy who worked across the street that I never saw again - he was all right, but wound up working 80+ hour weeks for a couple of months and just never came back to the game. At least he made it through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

high school. freshmen. first period geography.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTP

I was watching the news before heading off for classes; before the second plane, I was still harboring hopes that it was some bizarre accident. The collapse of the two towers afterwords came as a complete surprise to me, and really increased the blow. Gradually, my stunned disbelief gave way to hot anger, which in turn morphed into a cold rage.

Someone tell me again why we never rebuilt those towers? I remember a doctored photo showing a re-designed WTC consisting of four or five towers of varying sizes that looked like we were giving the terrorist (and their apologists) the middle finger...that would have been great.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

September 1, 2001 should have been the first semester of my sophomore year in college. Instead, I ended up back at home, working at a restaurant that Fall. I woke up that morning to get dressed and ready for work as usual. I always used to fall asleep with the TV and the computer on, so when I got out of the bed, I logged onto my AOL. The front picture on the main screen was of smoke coming out of the Twin Towers, but I ignored it and went on to my mail. I thought it was an add for a movie or something.

I went on to get dressed when about 15 minutes later, my then boyfriend called me to tell me that a plane had flown into one of the Towers. I went back to my AOL to look at that picture I had seen upon first logging in, and to my horror realized that what I was looking at was no movie. I felt pretty sick to my stomach and anxious, but still went on to work. When I got there, everyone was just glued to the TV, in total shock and disbelief. By then, the second plane had hit. The streets were completely empty, and there wasn't one plane in the sky.

The following few days were completely surreal. Few people drove about for any reason. I don't even remember hearing of any reports of crime in my area for at least two days. It was the most freakishly quiet, solemn day I've witnessed. The only positive that came out of it was this feeling of unity in the weeks that followed. Most of the people I was friends with at that restaurant are still very close friends of mine now, although we haven't lived near each other in almost a decade. The intensity of the experience really brought us together.

your resident asshole

I was in second grade at the time (yes, I know, I'm very young :P). I remember waking up and coming downstairs, only to find the TV on and a smoking building on the screen. My mom was watching it, and I think I was a bit confused on what was going on, but I don't remember it that well. All I know is that it was after the first plane hit, but before the second one hit. At this point, I think the news people thought it was an explosion of some kind because no one really saw what happened. So then I got on the bus, rode to school (school started around 9am), and went to class. Something happened after that with some announcements. I think they must've told us that it two planes had crashed into the Twin Tower buildings. Then everyone in the entire elementary school went out into the hallways and sang the Star Spangled Banner together.

I don't remember it being that big of a deal for me then because I was only in second grade and I don't think I fully understood what was going on. Now that I'm older, I realize all the hate that these terrorists must have for us. And it almost makes me sick thinking about what kind of people would do this to anyone. These innocent people... all they were doing was making a living. And how were they rewarded for it? By being savagely killed by terrorists. I watched a video today in my history class about 9/11. It was just a compilation of home videos recorded by people witnessing the events, but what made the video so amazing and terrible at the same time was that these were real reactions from people. In one clip, this man was telling another person how he was going to be late for work at the WTC that day because he had stayed up watching football the night before. This man was so grateful and shocked at the same time. I think the movie is a well known one. It's called 102 Minutes that Changed America

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Watching TV, some cartoon I think. Annoyed when the program was halted for the news.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Got up, went downstairs, got some breakfast and turned on the TV. It was 11 am at that time here. My jaw just dropped when I saw it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

First day at college in Toronto, second class. First one classmate jumped up and announced that a plain hit one of the towers. Then the whole room went abuzz as everyone started going for the news sites. I didn't do anything about it till I got back to my apartment and watched CNN for the rest of the night. The whole day I thought back to the silliness a friend of mine used to talk about in our pre-teen rage. For the next few weeks after that I worried about myself and my friend getting picked up by the authorities to be questioned. Yeah, I was one of those kids before Columbine; our plan was a little more thorough, though.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I was interviewing people on a telephone for a study of personal finances. Someone I interviewed said a plane has just hit a skyscraper and he needs to go watch some more. I told it sounds very far-fetched and I wouldn't take much credit for the news. He said I'll have to see it. Of course, I was just terrified at seeing it was real. It's the major turn for the worse in world situation I've seen in my life, or so it seemed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]