User Tag List

Thread: People watching

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

Default People watching

I rather suspect some number of people dabble in this hobby across these boards...

I love going about my day and seeing how people present themselves and interact with one another. Something of it is strange(the people), but I rather think that's where lie the most interesting aspects for consideration...

What interactions do you most enjoy seeing(arguments, miscommunication[not the same as the first], positive nouns[contextually], etc...), where do you enjoy going to see these interactions play out, and/or how do you go about watching(injecting stimuli into situations or being as unobtrusive as possible)?
    Everyone is a case study.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I used to observe people. I would experiment on their behaviour and look to see whether they fake their interactions with other people. It's become second nature to me where my mind pretty much wraps up everything about a person before I meet him. I'm guessing this is the Ni function working it's magic. It all just comes to me without me thinking much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wank View Post
    I rather suspect some number of people dabble in this hobby across these boards...

I love going about my day and seeing how people present themselves and interact with one another. Something of it is strange(the people), but I rather think that's where lie the most interesting aspects for consideration...

What interactions do you most enjoy seeing(arguments, miscommunication[not the same as the first], positive nouns[contextually], etc...), where do you enjoy going to see these interactions play out, and/or how do you go about watching(injecting stimuli into situations or being as unobtrusive as possible)?
    This is one of my all time favorite hobbies. What could be more interesting than human interaction? I have had a few menial job in my time (one at a drugstore, the other in food service) and I learned more about humans there than anywhere else. The only reason I worked so long at those jobs was because I was keeping myself entertained by observing people. I pooled all my observations, and added them into the tapestry that is "my conclusions about human nature". If you really want to learn a lot about people... observe them where there is food. You will learn that not only are the myrmidons, but entirely disconnected from each other. The theme of alienation permeates everything.

I also used to enjoy changing subtle (or sometimes not so subtle) things about people's environments...just to make them go "Huh?" and change their thought-flow. By changing the environment to cause subtle confusion you change their thought process which can lead to a chain of other events. (Example: I put a small piece of folded up paper on a train seat with a note on it. The note says something thought-provoking/controversial/interesting...that may lead the person to talk about this with someone else...or choose go into action about something they had been contemplating (or not)...or beginning to question basic assumptions about things...all of these things spark something else to happen. It's just like creating ripples in water.) So basically Ne experiments...they are easy to do, and so interesting and fun.

Great places for people watching are usually busy places where you can sit. A place where you can essentially become invisible. (Boardwalks at the beach are a personal favorite of mine.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I do this all the time.

Especially in bars and clubs

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am a people watcher IRL. I enjoy seeing the interactions, body language, tone of voice, and what is not being said.

Takes me a while as i am tapping in to all possibilities and can see when someone is BSing or manipulating a situation.

So much harder online.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

It is okay, but I prefer it without sound so I can make up what they are saying. I think it would be far more fun if the groups I watched from above and to the side took out everyday household objects and started fighting each other in factions. That would be very cool and intense, like an RTS battle without the interactivity, which makes it all the more intense.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I love watching people. My eyes are usually darting everywhere, seeing what everyone is doing and trying to make sense of it all.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com