User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    Clothing for men isn't designed to make them more attractive (see Cher's monologue in "Clueless" for a pretty damn accurate appraisal), it's made to tell something about them. A guy in a potato sack would be undesireable because it shows he's either a nutcase, too poor to buy real clothing, or *shudder* prefers the texture. Anyway, he'll smell slightly of potatoes, which is rarely a good thing.
    Well, the potato sack was a symbolic exaggeration on my part used to make a point. I dunno, for me, some guys are just attractive no matter what clothes they have on. I generally prefer guys who are not super fashion conscious but who are clean.

Oh wait, he might be trying to make a statement. In which case, he's trying too hard.
    That can go the other way too. The same can be said for a guy who is super fashion conscious.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    who cares what the women will think? i say wear it if you want to...
    +1 and THAT attitude is totally more attractive to me then whatever someone is wearing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    Oh wait, he might be trying to make a statement. In which case, he's trying too hard.
    so, if you are wearing a potato sack to say something about yourself, you are trying too hard, but if you are wearing a dress suit to say somthing about yourself you arent?

the difference is that a dress suit is visually pleasing to others and so they wouldnt complain... it is considered acceptable to dress this way to appear valuable to others. we dont seem to be concerned that our perception is being manipulated... many people seem to have no qualms about disingenuousness as long as it is pleasant.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    so, if you are wearing a potato sack to say something about yourself, you are trying too hard, but if you are wearing a dress suit to say somthing about yourself you arent?

the difference is that a dress suit is visually pleasing to others and so they wouldnt complain... it is considered acceptable to dress this way to appear valuable to others. we dont seem to be concerned that our perception is being manipulated... many people seem to have no qualms about disingenuousness as long as it is pleasant.
    Maybe you feel more comfortable looking good. That's why I generally prefer to dress a particular way: psychological as well as physical comfort. A viability threshold.

Also, it depends on the type you prefer. I think my thing for guys in suits in about equivalent to some guys' preference for hot librarians, whereas flannel looks kind of average. No challenge.

MBTI
    infp

Come to Canada! We pretty much hold exclusive rights, and girls have little other option. Go plaid!

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

1) +1 <3 for people who go out with the 'it's what's on the inside', buuut, a well groomed guy does say something about him.

2) My brother is far better than me with fashion (he goes for fashionability, I go for comfort). Girls can be far worse.

I think I have a flannel night dress come to think of it...it's horrific...
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Love it. Don't know why I love it but I love it.
    Maybe because it looks so snuggly while still undeniably masculine..?
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    INTP

Thread is encouraging. Ain't gonna lie, when I do outdoor work, it looks as though I have just done a photo shoot for L.L. Bean or Cabela's.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I personally dig the flannel look, especially on a rugged/wild looking guy...

But totally agree with Lady X that wearing what you want to wear is very strong-minded and sexy. Hence me falling for a man who was wearing shoes with holes in them, cargo pants and a horrible army jacket when I met him.

FWIW, I threw out the army jacket once we were living in the same apartment. Kept the strong-minded guy, though. :P
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

flannel is a practical fabric known by our ancestors. it is a cotton weave with a brush finish. very warm on winter nights.

plaid has a staid impression for me for some reason. it looks to be the shirt of the hunter. many men wear plaid in their comfort zone. they actualize themselves very well in plaid. i will wait to report to you if my man catches a trout or an elk in the short days ahead! i'm expecting a the latter. (not sure what to do with the jerky atm on SALE now for 3 bucks a pnd, oops, no, gawd!@ get hgim off me, it's 3 bucks a Ounce, not pnd!)

plaid to me anyway means comfort. enlightened men. gee i have to respect them. they mean what they say and say what they mean.