User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Again, I do want to be clear, I'm not making light of or dismissing your experience. It was super-creepy to read about and it would have freaked me right the hell out too. Only twice in my life have I had a dream that was so vivid and transitioned so smoothly. I still, nearly 20 years later, remember every millisecond, which isn't true of any other dreams I've had. Still, I'm fairly sure I was in that "twilight" boundary between wake and sleep when people have sleep paralysis. A friend of mine reports trying to go to sleep one night as a child and seeing Howdy Doody dancing at the foot of her bed.

My mother, by the way, was 100% sure I had been attacked by an evil spirit in those two dreams (they both featured an "unseen force" that I got the impression was some kind of impish spirit fucking with me- both times, I could hear a child playing and laughing in the room but no one was there).
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFJ

It was the freemasons.

They're behind everything.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Again, I do want to be clear, I'm not making light of or dismissing your experience. It was super-creepy to read about and it would have freaked me right the hell out too. Only twice in my life have I had a dream that was so vivid and transitioned so smoothly. I still, nearly 20 years later, remember every millisecond, which isn't true of any other dreams I've had. Still, I'm fairly sure I was in that "twilight" boundary between wake and sleep when people have sleep paralysis. A friend of mine reports trying to go to sleep one night as a child and seeing Howdy Doody dancing at the foot of her bed.
    Mhm, my mom used to experience sleep paralysis as a child along with the hallucination of an image of a floating face (often caused by overactivity in the facial recognition portion of the brain or something, if I remember right). It's pretty weird stuff, but I guess it's not uncommon.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Magic, that's pretty scary. I've had a couple of similiar experiences like that before. Sheer panic and fear comes over you. Those moments are the moments when I really wish I had someone there to protect me!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My mother, by the way, was 100% sure I had been attacked by an evil spirit in those two dreams (they both featured an "unseen force" that I got the impression was some kind of impish spirit fucking with me- both times, I could hear a child playing and laughing in the room but no one was there).
    I've had something like that happen before. I had a dream I got up out of bed early one morning to get ready for school and was holding a cat (I didn't have any cats). And then I turned to see myself sleeping in bed and heard my mom knock on the door just before coming in to tell me to get up. I woke up just after she opened the door. It was so bizarre because I thought I was already awake and dressed, but I wasn't.

Also saw and heard lots of odd things at night when I was tired. That still happens sometimes, and my reaction is still the same as my childhood one: hide under the covers and pretend it didn't happen.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm not at all offended by the notion that I was just dreaming. It's just that I've had vivid dreams, and lucid dreams, and half awake sleepwalking experiences, but I've never had anything like this before.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Whenever I'm awakened from sleep by whatever occured prior to, I've been satisfied in knowing that I'm connected to the conscious and unconscious at the same time. Once I drifted off to sleep, in this transitional phase, light REM, and I heard this distinctive POP! I awoke and thought it must've been the lamp, bulb, going out. But no. Nothing was amiss. So I got online and chatted with myself (b/c I assume I chat with noone real online) for a while before settling down to sleep.

btw, if it's comforting for you, most of us have the strangest dreams in the lightest stage of sleep, I believe. Maybe some sleep expert will tell us differently.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm not at all offended by the notion that I was just dreaming. It's just that I've had vivid dreams, and lucid dreams, and half awake sleepwalking experiences, but I've never had anything like this before.
    what are dreams and reality then? if not a dream then you had a taste of reality not many of us behold, and for that, you could be thankful. and descriptive, like you have been.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It was the freemasons.

They're behind everything.
    I know! Totally. Thank god I was converted to a woken up human not too long ago.

Also, do you know if your property was the scene of some sort of Native massacre? I suspect restless spirits are at work here.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

ok, since you didn't buy my Delta Force explanation, I'm going to have to agree with Ivy that you experienced some type of hypnagogic hallucination.