User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Okay, what the hell?

Default The most rational and likely explanation

Delta Force got bored.

...United States Army officials later said that this group had grown bored of training on base and had opted to carry out training in real, populated American towns. The local newspapers wrote extensively on the staged attack exercise and Houston radio broadcaster Alex Jones gathered clippings of these articles.
    The green flashes of light were the scopes on their weapons. The industrial chopping noises were Blackhawk choppers in the distance extracting them from the training exercise. They probably thought the house was unoccupied, or that they would simply go unnoticed.

Look for combat boot prints outside your house.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar

Sounds like it was some kind of aircraft to me.

Consume a can of MAN and find out WTF is going on!

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    An hour ago, I decided to go to bed. I am here now though, because of some very strange goings on.

It was totally dark, as is normal, while I was laying down, and then through the short and wide window above my door, I suddenly saw a yellowish green flash of light. It didn't look like a reflection in the window, it looked like it came from within the hall, and I can only describe it as being as if a firefly the size of a basketball lit up in the hall.

I stared at the window, thinking maybe my eyes played a trick on me. And then, about a minute or two later, watching dead-on at the window, I saw the light again. I got up, and actually started trembling with fear. After I prepared myself, and finally got the courage to open the door, there was absolutely nothing in the hall way.

I eventually told myself that there was nothing, and maybe it was a hallucination or something, so I tried to go back to bed. Then, not long after that, this rythmic sort of chopping, industrial sound started echoing through the night. I opened the outer window to hear it better, and it really was resonating through the whole block. If the echoing wasn't fucking with my locating abilities, then I'd say it was coming from a spot where I had never heard any industry coming from before. Eventually the chopping was replaced with a periodic hissing sound, like something releasing steam. It was almost like a train was grinding itself in place...

It's stopped now... but I'm generally too disturbed by all this weird shit to get back to sleep.

Holy fuck. Something really similar happened to me a long time ago.

I think I was around 6 or 7 when this shit started. So there were several nights (not consecutive) I distinctly remember I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. Everything was dark. My window was to the left of my bed. All of the sudden my room is somewhat illuminated by a yellowish orange flash. I know it wasn't a car because the flash was ...I want to say soft. The way it was illuminating my room was not reminiscent of head lights at all. It was illuminating the whole street. A few moments pass and it happens again. At this point I am relatively freaked out. Then the noise started. As my fear increased I started to hear tapping on/near the window (or at least I thought it was the window, it think it was just outside). There were no trees around it or anything that could logistically bang because of wind or something. These taps increased to loud bangs. The bangs sounded metallic almost, as you described, like industrial chopping. It was very loud! I was living in a first floor apartment and I don't know how no one heard this. This happened several more times each time the same. One night I plucked up the courage to open the curtains and look outside the window (I didn't open the window but the noise was still very loud even while looking outside). There was nothing there. I don't remember how many times this happened, but I was so terrified of my room and the window. I was ecstatic when we moved out of there.

To this day that experience if up there with the weirdest things that have ever happened to me. Just remembering the feeling of pure terror is haunting because I still don't know why I was so scared...

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I recently saw an orange dot hovering very closely in the atmosphere. It moved too strangely to be a plane + the orange light isnt what planes normally give off.

It was indeed strange cause this was a phaenomenom in the night sky, you are not used to see normally, so your mind makes up all sorts of impossible scenarios .

I figured it was either a plane, maybe a private jet with different lights or it was the european failed experiment of a satelitte called Galileo and they have finally decided to crash the thing in the atmosphere cause it causes only trouble
    lol This type of activity is what leads people to believe ghosts exist and all other crazy forms of paranormal. Kind of like when "shooting stars" are mistaken for meteors when it's really just fused balls of excrement from space station toilets.

I don't mean to be dismissive but IMO there's a reason this always happens when people are lying in bed trying to go to sleep. I've had some extremely vivid dreams that occurred when I had fallen asleep but didn't realize it. I would have sworn I was awake except that the things that happened were impossible (like my couch levitating or swallowing me).
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Consume a can of MAN and find out WTF is going on!
    The "Should we give BJs?" thread is thattaway --->
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Lol .. You lot have some wicked overactive imaginations.
    Let me join in next time.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    One sx/sp

I don't know about it being a dream, because I've never had a dream that felt so real, transitioned so smoothly, and that I can remember so well.

But, I figure that I was hallucinating the light, and the noise was definitely real even if I have no idea what caused it. The noise isn't as strange. It's easy to imagine things that could have made it. The light was totally funky, though, and I think it had to be a hallucination, not that I feel great about that either.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Well, my first thought was the obvious one... Zombies! *Radioactive* ZOMBIES!

Are you sure that you weren't dreaming part of the time (particularly with the bit about the weird lights)? I know that I've had dreams where I'd swear that I gotten up out of bed and gone about my day only to wake up and discover it was a dream. I've also had weird noises sort of work themselves into a dream before it really woke me up... a combination maybe? It could have been an eerie dream combined with FMW's street cleaner.

Or... Zombies! Zombies! Braaaaaaaiinnns! Rawwwwrrr!

Seriously - hope you can get a better night's sleep tonight.