User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 132

  1. #1
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Lightbulb Drug experiences?

    I'm something of a psychonaut, and I've been thinking about how it would be to experiment with altered/different states of mind/being, haha. I know it sounds kind of stupid/a generic contemporary teenager thing to do, but me and my friend kind of wanted to try purple drank, just to see what it would be like. I've also wanted to try Benadryl, although I've heard that can kind of end disastrously (one guy told me an army of spiders marched into his bedroom and carried him away LOL).

    So all this experimentation got me thinking... What were your guys' drug experiences like, if any?

    I'm interested in people's answers, because I recently discovered astral projection and I've heard some drugs have the capability of bringing on such effects, which I'd really like to experiment with.

  2. #2
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    My first experience of drugs was as a 16 year old. I was living in the city that was European capital of heroin smuggling (at the time).

    A girl I hung out with at school was splashed across the local news paper having OD's at 16 with her boyfriend. Kind of shocking because she was just an ordinary girl, not wild or out there or anything, so real shock.

    In terms of taking drugs I was never much cop I was more of a alcohaul type girl. I'v smoked a bit of blow but not often and certainly not regularly - I found it pretty lame to be honest.

    I've lived with people who do a fair bit or recrational substances, much of which seemed pretty uneventful. The one I was warned off by a flat mate was acid... he said it was the only time he had ever experienced suicide thoughts and if he wasn't out with his mates he probably would have given it a try. The key is to remain in control of what you are doing and with whom.

    In terms of other related experiences... in high school one of the teachers was imprisoned for trafficing. As an adult my Art teacher was murdered. I came home to a junky in the house once (I lived alone), I got broken into 3 time in quick sucession - all of which was drugs related and my painter and decorator was glassed by a junky who is now doing time for ABH. Shortly after this a body in a suitcase was found the canal 4 streets from my home having been chopped up to get it in - another drugs related.

    Recrational use it very much a teen thing (that can get out of control) and ultimately is on the surface (so long as you are careful about what, when and how much you are taking) is pretty normal. You need to just be careful not to over do it, exactly the same way as alcohaul... most things have some form of adiction quality.

    Personally speaking, recreational use still promotes the supply change and it's the whole supply chain that convert people who have less ability to cope into addicts, theives and murderers (and can fund terrorisit).

    The above sounds pretty heavy, it's a true and honest apprasal of what drugs have ment in my life. I've never really been into them and as you can see from the above, been a victim through them. But my view is not as heavy as I sound interms of rec use (not my thing but I tollerate) - main thing is to make sure you are safe...

    Not sure if this will be patronising or just an honest apprasal but I'll give you the link all the same

    FRANK - Home page


    Sorry this sounds a bit bleak

  3. #3
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    ^Wow... that was all in London? That's pretty crazy.

    I think drugs are completely fine, if you're in complete control of the situation, you've educated yourself on all the possible side effects and you have a buddy to call the paramedics, just in case.

  4. #4
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    ^Wow... that was all in London? That's pretty crazy.

    I think drugs are completely fine, if you're in complete control of the situation, you've educated yourself on all the possible side effects and you have a buddy to call the paramedics, just in case.
    The 16 year old stuff was Edinburgh - it's not so big on drugs these days... did you see trainspotter. My first comment post movie is it wasn't anywhere grim enough... Heronin at the time was REALLY, really grim.

  5. #5
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    The 16 year old stuff was Edinburgh - it's not so big on drugs these days... did you see Trainspotter? My first comment post movie is it wasn't anywhere grim enough... Heroin at the time was REALLY, really grim.
    I really want to see that film. I have watched a similar film called Requiem for a Dream and that was amazing. One of my favorites. If you haven't seen it, you definitely should.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Hmm..Purple drank, if that has something to with cough syrup then I think I know what it is. There's a few guys I know who've done it and say it was wicked intense, and induces a high and a drunk and slows things downnnn. I don't know..maybe I'll try it.

    I tried Benadryl allergy medicine yesterday, for fun and all, and that was really nice. My body just slouched and my mind just slanted and it was really nice...a little like Xanax, if you have tried that before.

    The first time I really got fucked up with weed was a great time. I don't know if it was any type of special weed, or was laced with Meth or something, but it was like no weed I've ever smoked. It was light and smelled like salt and my friend and I took some and smoked 3 bowls out of our Gatorade makeshift bowl and got fucked up. You're mind is going like 0.000001 mph and you get up from your seat and you slooowly take a step and everything is out of proportion. It was an intense trip.

    The very last time I smoked weed, I was home alone one afternoon and overdid it and completely messed up my whole afternoon/evening. It came on wicked intense and I kind of just went with it, as I was alone, and took a shower and tried to act normal. But I got all panicky and started freaking out and thinking it would never end. My paranoia was so intense that I tried drinking a whole liter of coke thinking it would make it go away, but it only made me sick. I wasn't hungry because I had smoked too much, so I walked down the road for like 2 hours, came back, watched t.v., and passed out. It was fucking freaky..don't ever smoke too much!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  7. #7
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    I really want to see that film. I have watched a similar film called Requiem for a Dream and that was amazing. One of my favorites. If you haven't seen it, you definitely should.
    It has subtitles - which I laughed at, at the time. I has a part time job after school in on of the areas it is supposed to have been about... very dodgy area...

    One of the girls I worked with was a rather prim local, having been brought up by her grandmother because of socal issues in the family. She was very modest descent girl. She caught the eye of a local junky who was madly into her. The junky decided to go and get her an engagment ring in order to propose... so he went up to the poshest shopping street in Edinburgh and threw a brick threw the window and stole a ring... In a weird, screwed up way, it's probably one of the most romantic thing that I've ever heard off. She declined nicely...

    There was several films out here about the drug scene about 10 years go... and I beleive Mr Nice is being made due for release in May next year (or that could be the UK release).

    I'm pretty sure the OP is not actualy wanting my experiences of drugs... probably wants a guide on what to talk.

    The other big drug at the time for school kids was glue and other solvent abuse - now that culture is really pretty grim. I knew a guy who did so much glue he has been left mouth breathing, and a guy in my form class had done so much glue he was told he would die if he kept it up by his GP, so he took up heroin instead - not the sharpest tool in the box. One of the other kids in my year at school's message on freind reunited read "I'm not dead"..... It's a different time...

  8. #8
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    I don't know how much of it is bullshit or not, but this sounds really interesting. No experiences myself.

  9. #9
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    must be a difference in age but people taking benadryl or cold medicine of any kind disturbs me....not sure why...anyway...i understand wanting to experience different states of mind but just know what you're doing...don't get something from someone you don't know that has never been taken by someone you know and seriously know that all of the people you're with would call for help if you needed it w/o worrying about getting in trouble...just saying be a responsible lil drug user..now...go and have fun...expand your mind and all that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #10
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Hmm..Purple drank, if that has something to with cough syrup then I think I know what it is. There's a few guys I know who've done it and say it was wicked intense, and induces a high and a drunk and slows things downnnn. I don't know..maybe I'll try it.

    I tried Benadryl allergy medicine yesterday, for fun and all, and that was really nice. My body just slouched and my mind just slanted and it was really nice...a little like Xanax, if you have tried that before.

    The first time I really got fucked up with weed was a great time. I don't know if it was any type of special weed, or was laced with Meth or something, but it was like no weed I've ever smoked. It was light and smelled like salt and my friend and I took some and smoked 3 bowls out of our Gatorade makeshift bowl and got fucked up. You're mind is going like 0.000001 mph and you get up from your seat and you slooowly take a step and everything is out of proportion. It was an intense trip.

    The very last time I smoked weed, I was home alone one afternoon and overdid it and completely messed up my whole afternoon/evening. It came on wicked intense and I kind of just went with it, as I was alone, and took a shower and tried to act normal. But I got all panicky and started freaking out and thinking it would never end. My paranoia was so intense that I tried drinking a whole liter of coke thinking it would make it go away, but it only made me sick. I wasn't hungry because I had smoked too much, so I walked down the road for like 2 hours, came back, watched t.v., and passed out. It was fucking freaky..don't ever smoke too much!
    Yeah, purple drank is promethazine and codeine (the active ingredients in cough syrup) mixed with Sprite or some other carbonated drink with jolly ranchers thrown in for shits and gigles. It's supposed to give an amazing trip... although I haven't really heard the details of.

    And I really want to try weed now after hearing your stories, that sounds pretty fucking crazy. How much does it cost you and who bought the first time you ever tried it?

Similar Threads

  1. U.S. veterans feel abandoned after secret drug experiments
    By iwakar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 04:35 AM
  2. Books that are mind expanding drugs or total experiences?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 09:37 PM
  3. [NF] How do NFs experience crushes?
    By Usehername in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Most likely type to experiment with drugs
    By Into It in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 09:47 AM
  5. Validity of Drug-Induced Spiritual Experiences
    By Mole in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO