User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Welcome to nirvana!

And here I was thinking it would involve heavenly, spiritual peace, earned by selfless acts, mental training, traveling the world and studying under the gurus.

Figures.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I've smoked weed quite a bit, done tons of acid, taken ecstasy a dozen or so times, and took mushrooms twice.

They were all good experiences while they were happening, but I don't think the side-effects are worth it.

I'm not going to go into all the details, because I'm not an expert, but I think these kinds of drugs can seriously exacerbate any existing psychological problems and possibly create new ones (like mood disorders, sleep disorders, dissociation, etc.)

If I could do my life over again, I would not use these drugs.

I would not want to damage my brain to any extent, or risk the safety of myself and others.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    If you're going to do it, I'd say that you should realize, at least, that you are damaging your brain to some extent, and risking the safety of yourself and others.
    I'm going to plunge into nitpicky INTP mode here and argue that this only applies to certain drugs. I could construct for you a list of drugs that can not only be done safely in a recreational manner, but can also provide positive health effects.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    I've smoked weed quite a bit, done tons of acid, taken ecstasy a dozen or so times, and took mushrooms twice.

They were all good experiences while they were happening, but I don't think the side-effects are worth it.

I'm not going to go into all the details, because I'm not an expert, but I think these kinds of drugs can seriously exacerbate any existing psychological problems and possibly create new ones (like mood disorders, sleep disorders, dissociation, etc.)

If I could do my life over again, I would not use these drugs.

I would not want to damage my brain to any extent, or risk the safety of myself and others.
    I was going to tear this post apart in typical INTP style. Had my arguments lined up, my opinions backed by facts, etc. But I figured that, as you were stating your opinion, I shouldn't do that. Yeah, drugs can most certainly be bad for you, but driving a car can be just as dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Taking drugs is however a risk nobody has to take and avoiding the risk is perfectly acceptable. Even more so, NOT taking drugs will in many cases probably be an advantage and get you further ahead in this world. A factor that is definitely not the case with driving.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    I'm going to plunge into nitpicky INTP mode here and argue that this only applies to certain drugs. I could construct for you a list of drugs that can not only be done safely in a recreational manner, but can also provide positive health effects.
    Oh PLEASE knock yourself out... I have great difficulty grasping that anything chemical has a possitive impact on health. Almost every medication created in a lab has a side effect/contra indication...

I challenge that INTP mode ...

MBTI
    ENFP

Ive experienced Salvia before, I think it was the most intense highs i ever had it was very nightmarish and reminded me of what maybe dying might be like. Strangely i always heard a voice of a girl yelling at me in fear of what i have done when i was on Salvia which is something i never have experienced before. Another drug i tryed that was really intense was about 2 shrooms of psilocybin. It really gave me a deep spiritual type of feeling and left me feeling out of my body and out of touch with it for almost a hour.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.derekrhode.com/MiscHosting/Pics/151645.png[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

I've got to disagree with the comment saying salvia is a bad first choice of substance(posted a few pages ago I think)...
    It was my first and, after a fair bit of usage, allowed further experimentation in psys to be without fear.
    Everyone is a case study.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Oh PLEASE knock yourself out... I have great difficulty grasping that anything chemical has a possitive impact on health. Almost every medication created in a lab has a side effect/contra indication...

I challenge that INTP mode ...
    Anything chemical? I hope you're still talking about recreational drugs here, cause if you're not let me just point you to Africa where people would kill for a shot of Malaria vaccine.

As for recreational drugs

About the lab thing. Nature, not humanity is still producing the strongest toxins and drugs (DMT, Salvia, Mescaline. And as for toxins you've got Botulinum toxin, which some women seem to have happily injected in their faces, not realizing that they're actually paralysing their facial muscles with the most potent toxic in the world).

I won't deny that some drugs are horrible things to take for your body or your mind. They all make an atypical connection in your brain that says 'moar'. But then again, so do coffee, fat food, smoking, alcohol and sex. Too much of anything is always bad. The difference is that drugs are illegal and socially unaccepted. Yet if somebody is in pain, we give them morphine or codeine, both nothing but different forms of heroin and when somebody has ADHD he gets Ritalin, with effects similar to speed and amphetamines, and suddenly it's okay to take drugs.

Hell, apart from the politically created hypocritical bias around drugs I wouldn't even mind if its use is discouraged because of health reasons, but for a lot of drugs the worst part is:

No scientific studies have been conducted about the nature of the effects. For a lot of drugs, especially psychoactive ones there just isn't any evidence to conclude what the benefits and the risks of a drug are. Tests on LSD stopped in the sixties after the conservatives found it would be good to demonize the drug and use it as a tool to arrest government critical hippies.

The inventor of LSD, Albert Hofmann died of natural causes in 2008, at the age of 102.

MBTI
    ENTP

Malaria vaccine is still a drug, and actually you can get the desease from the vaccine... Historically vaccines were frowned upon by the public because they kept giving people the illness, you always run the risk still but it's far reduced. That said the benefits of vaccines now far outweigh the benefits of non vaccine. With, in a very non PC way I think the MMR, I really don't see the big deal of administering three shots for the diseases is such a biggie rather than a combo shot....

But that said I did actually mean rec drugs ... I'm coming from the nurses perspective... everything has side effects even if it's just chances of headache/GI upset - which is the most commmon side effect. Even nice cuddly analgesics like paracetamol/nurophen etc... they all have a down side/risk

And yes to an extent I'm splitting hairs, but hey the Decliness split em first.... - got to love P types

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    No scientific studies have been conducted about the nature of the effects. For a lot of drugs, especially psychoactive ones there just isn't any evidence to conclude what the benefits and the risks of a drug are. Tests on LSD stopped in the sixties after the conservatives found it would be good to demonize the drug and use it as a tool to arrest government critical hippies.
    ..........In the US

There was a show on TV a few years back that showed the impact of speed and E and I think it was Coke on Mice......

I beleive E did the most long ahul damage out those three - but it was a long while ago...