User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

On a more serious note...

I've done drugs, and I don't see the value in using them recreationally. The world is full of meaning and value; not only do you not need drugs to find the best things in life, most drugs keep you from finding that which is most valuable in life, because they destroy your ability to think well while you're on them--and their effects linger long after their peak. You need your mind to make good distinctions between the valuable and the base, and I've yet to find a drug that improved my ability to use my mind to find and create value in my life. (Caffeine is, perhaps, an exception.)

If anything, I've found drugs to be a deceptive snare that keep people from pursuing that which is truly beneficial. Like rats with electrodes that stimulate pleasure centers in their brains when they press a button, and will continually press the pleasure button over another button that dispenses food until they die of starvation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Purple Dank sounds like the cough syrup part has a lot of impurities that make you feel ill. Benedrill for recreational purposes sounds gross. Saliva is a hardcore shamanic journey it not a recreational drug (despite it is often abused as such it is not recommended to be taken for fun and definitely not the best psychedelic to first try).

Marijuana/Hash - can be really fun if your brain likes it. Different types often give different buzzes. Some fun some, some not fun some anxiety ridden. Scene it psychologically addicting (become socially dependant on it). Personally think it is better and less negative conseuences than alcohole. One of the rare drugs where it is nearly impossible to over dose to death on.

Alcohole - Also can be really fun. More often then marijuana some bad things happen when some people drink too much of it. Can be physically addicting after long term use.

Cheap highs: glue/solvents/adultered drugs: one word YUCK.

LSD/psychedelic mushrooms: Totally crazy. should try after (18 year old) once before you die. Not addictive. If you are on the edge definitely don't take. Not so much as a recreational drug shamanic experience. Mushrooms are generally much mellower.

Ecstasy: designer drug more of a mix between a recreational drug and a shamanic experience. Should try once in your life after 18. People who take too much seemed a little off and think it can do some long term damage.

Hardcore Narcotics: heroin/crystal methamphetamine/crack - Less about having fun and more about feeding your brain something that it tells you make it feel good. Causes a lot of social problems because it can be so addictive (dealing/prostitution/theft etc.)

Drugs can be fun but like everything else have their consequences. One of the consequences is the company you keep. Be it loveable losers who give up on their goals and bring you down just by hanging out with them. Other consequences are the law, taking drugs in many jurisdictions is illegal and result in criminal prosecutions (i.e. aprox 75% of the U.S. jail/prison population is in there for drugs/drug related crimes). You don't even have to commit a crime just have a associate who does on while hanging out with you often cops can charge you with the crime too as an assessor (know one kid facing life in prison because since he was just hanging out with the friend who cut another guy's face) Social stigma. Begin susceptible to be taken advantage of etc.

Most drug addicts/users are relatively responsible (i.e. can keep a job and maintain a residence) yet often notice problems in their social, work and family life stemming from drug use. I think the most widespread problem it that it is too easy and convenient (at first) and people often stop trying to have fun w/o drugs.

When high it can be very enticing, fun and euphoric otherwise people wouldn’t do it. The recreational ones can be especially fun to do while partying. Some freaky entertaining experiences. Some bad experiences that see to stand out. Sometimes some people however forget the getting buzzed is not the party but something that can enhance it.

What is bad is the associates/police/social stigma/psychological consequences/gateway issues. A lot of people like it so much that they want to be high all of the time and the natural consequences of that (poor work/poor grades= poor).

I experimented with some in my youth (predominantly the lighter stuff) and walked away but many of my friends and acquaintances did not. Still occasionally drink and smoke pot but do not necessarily recommend. You’re the one who will have to live in your body and try and use your brain afterwards so its your choice.

See also Erowid so you don't have to necessarily experiment with your own brain cells/body to find out more information.

MBTI
    ENTP

Coke hasn't been mentioned yet. It's badged as non adictive, and chemically I believe that to be true... however women I've know have got addicted because it give a boost in confidence.

I'm not sure what the effect is called but presumably the first time is the best experience you will ever have, and then after that you need to take higher and higher quantities to get the same buzz... it's also horribly expensive.

PS - can someone write up speed?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

totally agree with spamtar...

there is nothing cool about being someone dependent on substances... to have fun...be fun...funny...any of that...but as just one of those experiences you want to have...i get it...but yeah the cough medicine/ and or cheap high stuff...it just really is kinda yuck to me too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Coke hasn't been mentioned yet. It's badged as non adictive, and chemically I believe that to be true... however women I've know have got addicted because it give a boost in confidence.

I'm not sure what the effect is called but presumably the first time is the best experience you will ever have, and then after that you need to take higher and higher quantities to get the same buzz... it's also horribly expensive.

i have never done either...have had many friends who had problems with both...they're both addictive and people don't even look like they're having fun...they just seem to want more all night...and...how's that fun? they look all stressed too...not my sort of deal...

so...my opinion...is just yuck...not mind expanding or interesting in any way...do yourself a favor and just skip it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    SEXY

Coke is VERY addictive, both physically and psychologically. It doesn't have much withdrawal symptoms, but you can feel terribly down and bad if you stop taking it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Shimmy

YES sorry I totally agree on the whole come down bit... utterly misserable to be on the receiving end of someone elses come down....

Guys I'm consious that a lot of the suggestions being offered are not what I would call the recreational user/first time level.... Can I suggest that you actually say how hard core your suggestions are - cos some of them are pretty full on stuff.... and the OP mightn't know that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right...my suggestion is if you're after a mind expanding experience just once or a few times stay away from everything but pot or mescaline.
    -Jim Morrison

i have taken salvia divinorum...

but first about OBE...

i have had astral projections and various dissociative trances (shamanic mindset) ... it can be experienced as "leaving the body" through various chakras. the resulting dream experience will be different, depending on "which chakra you go through". 95% of the astral projections that are described on the internet forums are related to low chakras (1,2,3). they talk of the real time zone, or having an attachment to the physical body via an silver line through the navel chakra. those experiences are basically dreams, because you have a dream body, although that dreambody is different for every chakra's related "exit" pathway. there is also that highly energetic exit, apparently through the third eye, if i am not mistaken, which leads through a vortex-tunnel (like stargate) to a dream state that feels physical, like actually being in a physical place, yet not inside of a physical body, but something of higher vibration, that resembles human form. it's such a state that could convince someone of remote traveling, (or maybe becoming an animal, just a speculation). all of those are just dreams (because there is a human or natural body that defines your boundaries, there is inside and outside). all of those dreamstates are like leaving the physical world to enter your very own mind, even if your mind can be more "real" than you have thought possible.

dissociative drugs like salvia divinorum take your human nature away from you. they take your body away, leaving you in a visionary state, that could be perceived as entirely alien (as if you where nothing but eyeballs) or (much less likely) as entirely what you are made out of (as if the whole of reality was your body). a drug will take you out of your "own(ed)" mind, that part of your mind that makes you feel like a human being who "has" a reality to it. that is way beyond being outside of a physical body. it's outside of identity.

there is no control, for anyone, but one who is pretty much enlightened. there is no control for anyone at all, but the subtle control of ones subjective orientation/interpretation of how one reacts subjectively to what happens.

if you compare this to a classic OBE you might just as well compare a deadly car crash to child's play with matchbox cars.

people who tell you that their salvia induces such dreams lack any kind of moral. its just a lie that is supposed to make you spend 5 bucks on their stuff. you should try the drug, if you are ready to find out, that physical reality is an illusion inside of an unknowable spirit realm. this is like dying. it can not be forgotten. not everyone who takes the drug gets that experience. some are "hardheaded" and get a low analogy to the real thing, only after they took super high dosages. i speculate they are not ready (structurally), but that is not to say, that those who are not (psychologically) ready won't get it anyway.

what such a death of the human mind teaches you, is that materialism is an illusion of your mind, and your mind is not representing reality but an illusion called material world, true reality is beyond it, mostly inconceivable. it is this gradual dis-identification from the gross physical identity, that may allow you to have more lucid dreams after you have take the drug. just like an almost deadly car crash might cause some people to have more intense dreams. same mechanism.

Documenting The Salvia Divinorum Experience! | Salvia - Trip . net

this website has a lot of very good trip reports.

MBTI
    SEXY

Shimmy

YES sorry I totally agree on the whole come down bit... utterly misserable to be on the receiving end of someone elses come down....

Guys I'm consious that a lot of the suggestions being offered are not what I would call the recreational user/first time level.... Can I suggest that you actually say how hard core your suggestions are - cos some of them are pretty full on stuff.... and the OP mightn't know that.
    Hmm,

shrooms, I do this about 2 or 3 times a year.
    lsd, I've only done once
    salvia, only once
    marijuana, every couple of weeks I do this one night or something
    Nitrous Oxide, I might run into this and do every couple of months or something
    xtc, since I first did xtc back in June, I did it about 4 times

If anything, my alcohol habit is most destructive to my body.