User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

I've only ever tried weed, which used to make me very sleepy. I figured I was way too laid back on my own and therefore didn't need any. I tried getting acid tabs a few times, but all my attempts fell through...and I suppose I'm glad. All this shit happened throughout high school, started at about 9th grade and quit at about 11th grade. I tried weed a few more times throughout the years, but I outgrew it. Got way too paranoid for my own good lol Now my motto is "Fuck drugs. Who needs them?"

I was talking to someone about uppers...like ritalin and whatever else names they have. I wonder if I'd do better off using something like that. ESTJ in a pill haha.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

i know of 2 ENFP's that get into a sort of giddy, crazed frenzy with just caffeine!

i'd be scared to see what something like adderall would do to them.

INFPs, we just act like rabbits in that state.

i've played with adderall a number of times in the past. or I could have said, "I've tried adderall before".

I did NOT feel like a rabbit, more like an alligator or an owl, just hanging out waiting for some small animal to come my way. something about prey, food, bloody on lips. hmmmmmmmmm.....

MBTI
    INTP

I've done a lot of drugs in my life, but I don't really do them anymore. I would still do many of the drugs I have tried, because I consider many of them enjoyable and trust my ability to keep from harming myself, but my enthusiasm has long since waned for the most part, and my opportunities are few.

I think there is a lot to learn from psychedelic drugs in particular, and a lot more to learn from generally screwing yourself and being an idiot, but that doesn't mean I recommend doing drugs for its own sake. However, I somehow doubt purple drank will kill you.

here are some relevant things I've written and find amusing, maybe somebody else will find them amusing also.

maybe two months ago I was testing out a batch of 2C-T-7 and took a very small dose, approximately 15mg. It was nice, and definitely accentuated my day, but wasn't much of an experience on its own. A few hours after come-up, as the effects showed subtle signs of tapering off, I took a miniscule hit of DMT. By miniscule, I mean I didn't even take one full toke; I just burnt a tiny amount and got a taste. I could not believe how hard it hit me.

immediately, I was propelled into a vibrantly colorful, cartoon landscape. Some bigass grassy field with trees, flowers, sky...all very plain, solid, magic marker-looking colors, primarily greens, yellows, and pinks. It almost appeared to be cel-shaded, if you're familiar with video game graphics at all.

Additionally, everything around me was frantically morphing. I saw flowers transform into pinwheels, pinwheels transform into butterflies, butterflies turn back into flowers. A tree's leaves bunched up into a rose-shaped mosaic, repeatedly blooming and unblooming, while ridges in its trunk became innumerable snakes, chasing each other's tails. Both the sky and grass were made up of block-styled letters and numbers, swirling around like alphabet soup going down a toilet, maintaining the colors, textures, and general shape of the scenery they represented. The contour of every discernable object was framed with thick borders of both black and white. I could see every single color combined into the whites, and in them danced the words "LOVE" and "PEACE," almost microscopic, nearly everywhere, in flashing rainbow text.

everywhere I looked, my surroundings performed impossible visual feats in my honor, as if they were putting on a show. Bolts of lightning and energy zoomed through my point of focus, further illuminating and accentuating everything my eyes rested upon. Examining any specific details only served to reveal more astounding intricacies.

while in the midst of being overwhelmed by this, a sentient being shapeshifted into existence right in front of me. This being was of many different forms simultaneously, and would've appeared as nothing more than eye candy had I not already been completely sure it was alive. But I was sure. It was alive, and it was me, manifested. We gestured to one another, back and forth, reassuringly, communicating something completely ineffable. It was an acknowledgement of all that was happening around us; an acknowledgement of all that was amazing, and all that was us. This being faded off into the distance, continually making subtle reappearances to cement this mutual assurance, and indulge in it. Eventually it disappeared, along with the entirety of my illusory surroundings.

suddenly I was back on earth, laying in my bed. There were beer bottles standing upright all over my floor; remnants of my earlier drinking and my laziness in cleaning them up. Every single one of them was alive, bouncing up and down as if just released from a jack-in-the-box. The blacklight lamp sitting next to me was flooding a brilliantly phosphorescent purple gelatin all over my floor, in waves, rippling and flowing as genuinely as real liquid. My computer monitor across the room had been replaced with a large, flat display depicting an exuberant clown's cartoon face. Its eyes were enormous white balls and its mouth was a monitor-shaped rectangle framed by bright red lips. It was laughing at me, and with me, in some nonvocal manner, communicating something to the effect of, "Wasn't that fun? Isn't this fun?" I conceded: yes, it was most certainly fun. It was amazing. I was still amazed my eyes could play such profound tricks on me. I looked around maniacally, trying to figure out how any of this was even possible. Lightning bolts still accompanied my purveying of the room, almost like a mouse cursor for my eyes.

everything around me was strikingly three-dimensional for the next five minutes or so, but sadly, it wore off. It probably only lasted ten minutes from start to finish. But it was still the most visual psychedelic experience I can ever recall having, even more visual than full doses of DMT by itself. Shit is fucking insane.
    I remember being on mushrooms a while back, sitting in my room, in the dark, zoning out really hard to some very intricate visuals I was imagining. This is the last time I ate shrooms, actually. Probably like two years ago. I was there with my ex, but we were in totally different worlds. Me perched on the edge of the bed, her laying down on the other end.

I imagined what looked like a living X-ray of a dog, standing upright, on a mountain top, masturbating furiously with his two front paws. He was mostly skeleton, but I could see the outline of his body and his muscle structure overlaying his frame with partial transparency. His testicles were enormous. My vision was somewhat synesthetic in that my excitement and wonder from seeing something so ridiculous and processing it was experienced, in parallel, as the building and subsequent climax of this dog's orgasm.

so he ejaculated, and immediately this entire scene was a brilliant volcano eruption in vibrant color against a backdrop of cloudy skies. The lava gushed with an incredible realism, commanding my full attention as it eroded its own canals down the slope of this mountain face, turning solid rock into wet mud in its wake. I absolutely could not tear my eyes from the intricate behavior of this liquid. The physics of the flowing magma was far more compelling to me than even its vivid appearance.

so okay. I'm here completely engaged. Watching this lava spill all over itself. I start seeing strange forms and patterns emerge from this molten mass. Suddenly I'm looking at assorted flower petals floating on the surface of water. Then feathers blowing. Then caterpillars crawling all over each other. Then an incredible volume of Lucky Charms cereal churning in milk, speckled with huge, colored marshmallows shaped like dicks.

this is way too absurd for me by now. I burst into uncontrollable laughter out of nowhere. Get my bearings a little bit, realize where I am, yadda yadda. I look over and the first thing I see is my ex, face buried in a pillow, crying. Having a terrible time. And I just made it worse. I can't help but laugh even harder at this point. This is definitely the funniest thing that could possibly happen as far as I'm concerned. Eventually this girl gets up, all pissed off. Leaves the room without looking at me. Slams the door in my face. Pretty cool experience, all things considered.
    I had an experience once where I was on a fair bit of DXM, potentiated by smoking a lot of weed. I was outside heading to a nearby convenience store. Fucked up as shit. Walking with this dude I didn't particularly like. He just kept babbling about nothing the whole time we were walking. Getting on my nerves. After a while I found myself envisioning beating him in the back of the head, shoving him to the ground, smothering him in the dirt, et cetera. Started having really vivid fantasies about doing this.

suddenly these fantasies were replaced with images of me, personally, being beaten incredibly brutally, from a second-person perspective. Doing the beating, while being beaten. They were very realistic and frightening. Along with this imagery, an autonomous voice surfaced in my imagination and started taunting me. Telling me I was stuck with him forever; he was just taking up permanent residence in my thoughts and there was nothing I could do about it. Told me I was a pussy. Said this is what I deserved for thinking I was immune to hallucinogens. This especially stuck out to me. I said, no, this can't be! Surely, this must be a joke. He told me it was definitely not a joke. Said he was in complete control and would prove it by causing me pain in my leg and inhibiting me from walking. He did this. Told me he would make me cry out vocally against my will. Did this, too. Dude I was walking with just looked back and laughed. Thought nothing of it.

I was getting really anxious by now and was approaching a point in my walk that was heavily frequented by people. Cold sweating. I knew I had to combat this somehow. So every time this voice tried to say some shit to me, I concentrated my attention on transforming it into music. Beatboxing, melodies, singing, whatever. Just random stream of consciousness music. All in my head, mind you. The voice eventually subsided. This trick worked remarkably well. I still use it sometimes when I am sober to get my thoughts under control if they're ever too scatterbrained for my tastes. It's a cool trick. I highly recommend it.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    You know, I'm dissapointed Decline didn't go down the causation route, LOL I've been really enjoying sparring with him this afternoon....
    I thought this was apparent. No research has proven any causal links between marijuana and its supposed damage upon the human mind. You fall back on second hand stories of your friends claiming the drug to exacerbate their depression, while all I can do is fight this biased view with my experiences with it as a positive antidepressant, its physiological safeness, and its obvious medical potential.

As for your view that cannabis causes certain minor cerebral deficits, I'd say that just as you may say that schizophrenics self-medicate with it (for reasons unknown) coincidentally, why then can't people of a slightly lesser mental instability also self-medicate and seemingly construct the situation where cannabis is to blame? Does this not also follow such a logical procession of a mysterious correlation between mental instability and cannabis use, without cannabis being tested as a cause in any case?

Anyone can abuse a drug and fall down a spiral of depression or other mental disease. Be it alcohol, marijuana, or anything with a mind-altering effect that will temporarily release them from the moment's apparent pain. But this seems to be how therapy ultimately works- disassociating from one's experience in order to see things from another perspective. As long as I see a trend in people using substances (in this situation, marijuana) as tools in their own abuses against themselves, I see no conclusion from this continual evidence against cannabis specifically.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    i know of 2 ENFP's that get into a sort of giddy, crazed frenzy with just caffeine!

i'd be scared to see what something like adderall would do to them.

INFPs, we just act like rabbits in that state.
    enfps should just say no to uppers....i get giddy about coffee too..it makes me ridiculously happy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

i like alcohol, shrooms & adderall. i don't like weird come downs or side effects with the other drugs i've tried. i'd say the "scariest" experience i've had with drugs is enjoying a drug too much and dreaming and thinking about it off and on for months afterward...avoid the addictive stuff if you can.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    I thought this was apparent. No research has proven any causal links between marijuana and its supposed damage upon the human mind. You fall back on second hand stories of your friends claiming the drug to exacerbate their depression, while all I can do is fight this biased view with my experiences with it as a positive antidepressant, its physiological safeness, and its obvious medical potential.

As for your view that cannabis causes certain minor cerebral deficits, I'd say that just as you may say that schizophrenics self-medicate with it (for reasons unknown) coincidentally, why then can't people of a slightly lesser mental instability also self-medicate and seemingly construct the situation where cannabis is to blame? Does this not also follow such a logical procession of a mysterious correlation between mental instability and cannabis use, without cannabis being tested as a cause in any case?

Anyone can abuse a drug and fall down a spiral of depression or other mental disease. Be it alcohol, marijuana, or anything with a mind-altering effect that will temporarily release them from the moment's apparent pain. But this seems to be how therapy ultimately works- disassociating from one's experience in order to see things from another perspective. As long as I see a trend in people using substances (in this situation, marijuana) as tools in their own abuses against themselves, I see no conclusion from this continual evidence against cannabis specifically.

First point - yes it has - the Ozzy reasearch did exactly that (and it was pretty much the first google find on the subject - so I'm guess there is a LOT out there that says just that... nd No I see the value in me producing 25 reports saying the same thing v's your 25 deports in denial).

I do see the MH who are on the more pronounced level (Psycotic but wider), have the conditional already (most of these life time conditions are not diagnosed intill the person is 18-25 - which is when they usually present. By this point they have probaly be doing drugs for 4-5 years - and it is toning down their symptoms... Even on full blown MAOI's + other combination stuff thier symptoms are full on. Causation I would say was part genetic, part nurture (hyper emotional states at home), with exaccerbation from other things.

Alcohaul doesn't do the self medicating things - it's a depressant. High quantitites causes addiction, but typically people who have MH don't self medicate with alcohaul... (not from what I've seen). They all self medicate on ciggies... which they chain smoke (presumably there are chemicals which do help - it's near the middle of the ven diagram). The exception would be Manic depressions' manic phase...

User:Turkeyphant/Psychoactive drug chart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the addition of booze can be a MH but it's not a psycosis+ condition in the same way as Bi-polar, BPD manic depression is..... It's bundle this addition into the lower level of psiciatric conditions...

OK the minorer MH illnesses (nuerotic+ conditions - again slightly wider but less sever than the psycotics). If I compare in the physical body.... these ones are colds, the psycotic+ are colysistitus type conditions. From what I've seen (and from the research - pronouncement of lighter symptoms) there is certainly causation here - people who would have been perfectly OK without taking MJ/other will get symptoms. The extent and the perminancy depends on how much MJ/other they are doing. These types of depression/paranoyia simiply wouldn't have existed without the regular usage.

Alcohaul - there is a tipping point between healthy use and non helathy use - with a range of short term medical problems and long term/perminat)

Ciggies - you can small amounts/occationally or with mnimial risk but regular consumption causes short and long term/perminant side effects.

So we have full blown medical research - which states causality that with regualr heavy use of MJ there is brain damage.

We have anicdotal research - which covers off people personal experiences, but also of a clinical environement....

I don't have a feel of how many '000 regular MJ users would get symptoms (perm and temp), but it's really isn't without risk. I can say from my own experience of people, the concertion rate of regular users to symptoms is pretty high.

It would be difficult for the government here to legislate to legalise and regulate marijuana as it is commonly thought to precipitate schizophrenia in some users.

So the government would run up against health and safety issues.

Also there is the issue of government liability at Common Law.

MBTI
    ISTx