User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post

i have been mildly fucked up by shrooms, btw. not by the chemicals either. by the opportunity to face my soul for hours in a state of heightened brain plasticity, which equals the opportunity to repress all of it. fun stuff. welcome bornagain-zombi. and it's reflected in the brain of course. in depression like symptoms. this is what a repressed or lost soul might look like:
    Nook, in your mind, are European shrooms different from US ones, the US guys keep posting that they are relatively light weight... but my knowledge of here, says they are not that light weight.... Is there a strength difference (of course you may not be able to tell me)....

haha, those were mine: "The Philosopher Stones are also known as truffles. This strain grows in the subtropical regions of Mexico, and has been found in Guatemala as well. One of the biggest differences with other mushrooms is the ability of the Psilocybe mexicana A to form sclerotia beneath the mushroom. This is the part that contains very high concentrations of psilocybin"

and posting them from azarius to germany took about two weeks. i should have thrown them away, but i am a daredevil.

they were not strong, did not get me over the boundary where you are lost and the vision takes control on it's own. but that's just the dangerous thing. your ego is fucked for hours. if your ego is struggling for hours for it's existence on a trip where nothing soulful happens, except all of reality seems like an egocentric illusion (nothing is real, but i exist, i feel like i am in a in-vitro tank of the matrix, wtf) .. now, in that mood i am ready to repress everything. then suddenly the soul pops up, subtle, barely recognizable. and i am so sick and just want to get over with that insane trip. so i will repress my soul. quick quick. mother? is that you? you are calling for me? need me to take care of you, when you are old and have alzheimers? oh, not now please. away with the truth.

philosopher's stones were described as being less visaully-visionary (than for example peyote), more mind altering.
    it sounded great to me. like "i am a philosopher, no?" .. i did not philosophize a single thought, just lost my mind, feeling like a fly who hits the window repeatedly. i never believe anything i read from people who are selling this stuff, or from users who are not at least integrally informed.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Side effect With higher doses of cannabis typical effects may include feelings of fear, anxiety, panic, frightening hallucinations, and severe impairments of one's perception of time and space.
    Fear and panic is caused by self suggestion and since cannabis can make the feelings feel much stronger and make self suggestion much easier, the feeling of fear can be so huge that you start panicing and maybe get panic attacks.

I've got several mates who suffer from the side effects (but not hallucinations), they also got depressed and it brough out depressions in them.

Depression can the the side effect of any drug....
    Cannabis allso brings subconsciousness to the surface so it can bring out mental illnesses that you allready have, but just havent came out yet. What comes to depression, cannabis itself doesent cause that, but the enviroment people usually use cannabis in can cause that and cannabis can bring it out. I know some people who got fucked up in the head after smoking weed and some of the symptoms for those illnesses were there much before starting to smoke, too bad i was so young back then that i couldnt see that they shouldnt smoke.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Fear and panic is caused by self suggestion and since cannabis can make the feelings feel much stronger and make self suggestion much easier, the feeling of fear can be so huge that you start panicing and maybe get panic attacks.

Cannabis allso brings subconsciousness to the surface so it can bring out mental illnesses that you allready have, but just havent came out yet. What comes to depression, cannabis itself doesent cause that, but the enviroment people usually use cannabis in can cause that and cannabis can bring it out. I know some people who got fucked up in the head after smoking weed and some of the symptoms for those illnesses were there much before starting to smoke, too bad i was so young back then that i couldnt see that they shouldnt smoke.
    I agree, on both terms.

I am paranoid. I have always been (I guess it's an unhealthy ENFP trait?) and I'm neurotic. Smoking weed intensely for about 4 months brought it on so bad, I was having a ton of panic attacks when I was super high, and one huge one where I freaked shit for 8 hours after smoking like 3 bowls by myself. But I think this is a legit thesis, that weed can evoke subconscious mental problems.

That's why I stopped. I was geekin' too much. Plus being stoned cold for a few hours isn't too fun. It never made me hyper..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    You know, I'm dissapointed Decline didn't go down the causation route, LOL I've been really enjoying sparring with him this afternoon....

I did some work (not a lot) in a psyciatric unit when I trained (long while ago and not extended) and I changed careers a long while ago too...

In the unit they pateints smoked a lots of ciggy smoking, and practically all the less sick pateints had all been doing significant quantitited of cannabis... the more sick conditions were too sever to do very much for themselves.

There is a great debate, the whole cicken or the egg... does the weed exacerbate an exsisting/latent condition, or does it help with the whole self medication (ciggies I beleive have been prone too).... I don't have a definative perspective. Many psyciatric conditions first present between 15 and 25 (the biggies that is Scizophrenia, BPD, bi-polar etc, etc ) - did the drugs bring them on...

My gut feel, is that they didn't cause the condition in the full blown psyciatric dissorders, however they accelerated the condition's escalation and possibly increased the severity... now as I say I mean this for proper full on conditions.... Hence the person was self medicating prior to the conditions diagnosis...

This will sound weird but I'll do my best to explain... for depressions (there are two types one is the major depression which I'd consider a full on condition see above...and there is a lesser version of depression)... for the lesser types of conditions...Id' say cannabis causes problems ... lowering the day to day cognative function, I've seen it too often for there not to be causation.. This isn't with lighter infrequent use, I'm talking several times a week for a prolonged period of time... from what I've seen of people, it has a proper impact... paranoya, the midler version of depression, restlesness, repetitive visting an issue etc... etc...

So I don't think it's as clear cut as x causes y... I think it helps the big illnesses and causes the relatively lighter weight illnesses....

to differentiate - the bigger conditions - probably require life long medication and extended hospital stays..

The milder conditions, possibly require some medication, but it would be unlikely to require hospitalisation...

Make sense?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

You know, I'm dissapointed Decline didn't go down the causation route, LOL I've been really enjoying sparring with him this afternoon....

I did some work (not a lot) in a psyciatric unit when I trained (long while ago and not extended) and I changed careers a long while ago too...

In the unit they pateints smoked a lots of ciggy smoking, and practically all the less sick pateints had all been doing significant quantitited of cannabis... the more sick conditions were too sever to do very much for themselves.

There is a great debate, the whole cicken or the egg... does the weed exacerbate an exsisting/latent condition, or does it help with the whole self medication (ciggies I beleive have been prone too).... I don't have a definative perspective. Many psyciatric conditions first present between 15 and 25 (the biggies that is Scizophrenia, BPD, bi-polar etc, etc ) - did the drugs bring them on...

My gut feel, is that they didn't cause the condition in the full blown psyciatric dissorders, however they accelerated the condition's escalation and possibly increased the severity... now as I say I mean this for proper full on conditions.... Hence the person was self medicating prior to the conditions diagnosis...

This will sound weird but I'll do my best to explain... for depressions (there are two types one is the major depression which I'd consider a full on condition see above...and there is a lesser version of depression)... for the lesser types of conditions...Id' say cannabis causes problems ... lowering the day to day cognative function, I've seen it too often for there not to be causation.. This isn't with lighter infrequent use, I'm talking several times a week for a prolonged period of time... from what I've seen of people, it has a proper impact... paranoya, the midler version of depression, restlesness, repetitive visting an issue etc... etc...

So I don't think it's as clear cut as x causes y... I think it helps the big illnesses and causes the relatively lighter weight illnesses....

to differentiate - the bigger conditions - probably require life long medication and extended hospital stays..

The milder conditions, possibly require some medication, but it would be unlikely to require hospitalisation...

Make sense?
    Ohh yeah. Makes a lot of sense.

I know some people who have been smoking weed consistently for a few years and they have really gone down the drain mentally..one's a close friend, and he's lost all motivation and everything that those Marijuana-Drug hand outs that we got in 5th grade said would happen, happened. Except maybe some of the health problems. But it's sad.

I want to stay healthy. I want a clear and flowing brain. Weed wasn't doing it for me. My memory was all F'd up, I was actually worrying more when I was high, and it made it near impossible to do day to day activities, which I didn't like. It holds you back, and I always like to have a clear mind and abled body to do stuff.

Weed may be seen as cool and good and great..but I really don't like it because of the things I've described. Sure, I may smoke a joint with friends now and again, but never ever make it habit or even regular.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Ohh yeah. Makes a lot of sense.

I know some people who have been smoking weed consistently for a few years and they have really gone down the drain mentally..one's a close friend, and he's lost all motivation and everything that those Marijuana-Drug hand outs that we got in 5th grade said would happen, happened. Except maybe some of the health problems. But it's sad.

I want to stay healthy. I want a clear and flowing brain. Weed wasn't doing it for me. My memory was all F'd up, I was actually worrying more when I was high, and it made it near impossible to do day to day activities, which I didn't like. It holds you back, and I always like to have a clear mind and abled body to do stuff.

Weed may be seen as cool and good and great..but I really don't like it because of the things I've described. Sure, I may smoke a joint with friends now and again, but never ever make it habit or even regular.

Thanks for that, I just wanted to see if it rang true with someone who has had the real experience....

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Weed-is-over-rated...Like-any-other-drug,-it's-likely-that-you'll-need-to-"double-up",or-smoke-more,-to-acquire-the-level-of-high-that-is-achieved-during-the-FIRST-high...With-weed,-that-is-hard,-and-it-gets-expensive-just-to-have-a-good-weekend!

Speed-just-makes-you-hyper,-and-I-doubt-it's-any-good-for-your-heart!

Acid,-and-"E"...Stay-away-from-that-kind-of-shit!...

If-you're-looking-for-a-drug-that-would-be-a-good-"first-timer"...Go-with-weed,-it's-mild-compared-to-the-others

"E"...I-think-some-of-its-components-are-derived-from-rat-poison,-and-I-heard-the-drug-depletes-your-spinal-fluid-too...:0
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    "E"...I-think-some-of-its-components-are-derived-from-rat-poison,-and-I-heard-the-drug-depletes-your-spinal-fluid-too...:0
    E, at least proper MDMA, is usually made from Safrole, which is oil from the bark of the Sassafras plant. It isn't be the healthiest ingredient, but it's no rat paison.

Your statement is an example of the fear driven society I was talking about. Instead of being open and honest about drugs' risks and benefits and then declining them on basis of facts, government and society in general will turn to scare-tactics to "prove" that their own pre-existing notions are correct.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

the worst drug experiences i've ever had:
    benadryl
    xanax
    seroquel
    klonopin

i think at least half of the prescription drugs out there are too unpredictable in their effects to be on the market. i'll forego bitching about profit vs. human welfare here but i will say that tons of people in the US are addicted and are getting addicted to drugs like oxycontin, vicodin, and other pills that are basically legal heroin. just terrible, even if it makes for "entertainment" on shows like intervention.

edit: to think that people get their proverbial panties in a wad over marijuana is just insane when there are bigger fish to fry.
    Last edited by phthalocyanine; 09-09-2009 at 06:33 PM.