First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    ^ lol

Passion is not negative.
    Passion swings both ways. Be careful when dating a passionate person. Just sayin'

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Passion swings both ways. Be careful when dating a passionate person. Just sayin'
    Great. Gotta watch those ENFPs who swarm me. Or any NF in general.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Antimony - some of the rules you mentioned with your mother may not come from her having a lack of trust in you, but from the following possible considerations:

1) She has been young and she remembers how it is. All of it! Most of the XNFJs I know are extraordinary at putting themselves in other's shoes (my mother to the point where I felt like even my thoughts weren't private!). This is a very good thing in so many ways, but in cases like this, it can be a detriment to you getting her to loosen up.

2) Even if you are exceptionally mature for your age, you can only have gained as much experience as 15 years can give you. INFJs tend to think ahead about most issues and watch very carefully at how situations work out for other people who have lived their lives in a variety of ways. They want to save people they care about the pain of learning things the hard way and will do everything in their power to do so. (They often are right about what the outcome would be, but it's not something most people want to hear).

3) Even if she trusts you implicitly, people (and particularly teenaged boys) act much differently in a group. Hence the riding in cars thing. It's also entirely possible that the friends you may have may not be as mature as you. It is difficult at 15 to make a choice that impacts the friendship, but protects your safety even if you were inwardly inclined to do so (which you may or may not be). You are the only you she's got and she doesn't want to risk something irreversibly horrible happening.

4) As you stated before, INFJs need quite a bit of mulling time before they will consider or reconsider anything new. This is because everything they come to believe gets fit into their internal structure. They have to change things around considerably inside their heads every time a change is made and so it takes time to see whether this can be done and how to do so. It is looked at from every angle. They also prefer to err on the side of caution.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Antimony - some of the rules you mentioned with your mother may not come from her having a lack of trust in you, but from the following possible considerations:

1) She has been young and she remembers how it is. All of it!

2) Even if you are exceptionally mature for your age, you can only have gained as much experience as 15 years can give you.

3) Even if she trusts you implicitly, people (and particularly teenaged boys) act much differently in a group. Hence the riding in cars thing. It's also entirely possible that the friends you may have may not be as mature as you. It is difficult at 15 to make a choice that impacts the friendship, but protects your safety even if you were inwardly inclined to do so (which you may or may not be). You are the only you she's got and she doesn't want to risk something irreversibly horrible happening.

I know all of these reasons are good ones, but I only have myself as well. I only have one life to live. I only have a few more years of being a teenager. I may just be 15, but I require heavy independence. She wants me to be independent in my thinking and actions (which I most certainly am), but I want more freedom than what I have now.

It is all out of love, but sometimes it is better to live your life for the fun and experiences than to just sit around waiting until it is 'safe'.

Life is a collection of experiences. She should know by now I can make the right choices which give the foundation for the right experiences. If she hasn't realized that by now, she will when I am an adult, and by then, it will be too late.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post

Winning over an INFJ takes time. Trust to an INFJ is a holiday spice; rarely applied, yet savored when shared.
    Given the fact that I as a highly gay.. I mean sensible person notice periodically threads stemming from the abyss saying entps are bad lovers and tend to fuck around with the world until it stops turning.

How come that they are so good at scoring with INFJs ? Destiny ? Faith ? Belief ? Or just by a 100% bogusly misinterpreted ?!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

My ego needs more stroking, guys. Please do continue.
    I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

We like to see the best in people, Entropie, and aren't be beaten easily. We also put up with some capriciousness either in an effort to understand it properly, because we're not sure yet of our conclusions, because we understand it and feel better about it then, or because we have not yet exhausted the supply of possible options we've come up for dealing with the situation. That, and you guys are just so magnetically attractive that we can't help ourselves. What can I say?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Antimony, what are you hoping to experience that makes you feel that time is running out for?

Oh yeah - sorry I edited my last post while you were replying. I'm bad for that!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

We like to see the best in people, Entropie, and aren't be beaten easily. We also put up with some capriciousness either in an effort to understand it properly, because we're not sure yet of our conclusions, because we understand it and feel better about it then, or because we have not yet exhausted the supply of possible options we've come up for dealing with the situation. That, and you guys are just so magnetically attractive that we can't help ourselves. What can I say?
    Wasnt about INFJs now.

I tried to defend my entp brotheren and shed some better light on them, cause I got labeled as a playboy quite often and I can german promise you in the hand, I always tried to be one, but I figured very early I dont want to / couldnt be.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Antimony, what are you hoping to experience that makes you feel that time is running out for?

Oh yeah - sorry I edited my last post while you were replying. I'm bad for that!

What you experience as a teenager and as an adult are very different, as well as how you experience them.

I can just suddenly hit college at 17 or so and get into all the experiences. I just want to be exposed before I am forced to dive headfirst into the adult world.

And it is fine.