First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    What wins me over is usually a combination of persistence, confidence, and disarming wit.
    I don't think I have ever even tried to win an INTJ over. Can't say I would try, unless I really liked them. On one hand, I love the challenge of winning someone over, but then my pride is a little hurt when they don't fall immediately for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    What do you mean by "Rule Nazi?" What sort of rules?
    Like, my mother has her own rules of no riding in cars with teenagers, and she won't let me be alone with guys, or just hang out with them.

Not just rules like that, but in general. She will not budge, and I have incredible integrity! I have done nothing that would make her not trust me

I am trying to figure out the best way to get her to lighten up, because A. I am going insane from not being able to have my desired spontaneity and freedom and B. people are going to think she is nuts.

You don't have to gush of feeling all the time, but I'd prefer that someone be open to sharing their feelings when they occur. I don't like to pry, and it makes everything easier. As for being considerate, I've never seen you not be. Then again, I don't live with you.
    Haha yes, I can be rather....er...insensitive to someones wants, needs, feelings, etc. I can think a little more before I type on here, but then, I don't normally anyways. It just takes a little longer. Prying is no fun.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    SEXY

When first meeting people. I like them to show interest in interacting with me. If that is the case, a good wit or slight sarcasm is something I like.

In general. I love being challenged in a playful and direct way. I just can't resist the call of a difficult challenge.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I don't think I have ever even tried to win an INTJ over. Can't say I would try, unless I really liked them. On one hand, I love the challenge of winning someone over, but then my pride is a little hurt when they don't fall immediately for me.
    We're not too easily won, but we're totally worth the effort
    Like, my mother has her own rules of no riding in cars with teenagers, and she won't let me be alone with guys, or just hang out with them.

Not just rules like that, but in general. She will not budge, and I have incredible integrity! I have done nothing that would make her not trust me

I am trying to figure out the best way to get her to lighten up, because A. I am going insane from not being able to have my desired spontaneity and freedom and B. people are going to think she is nuts.
    Besides being mother-daughter conflict, it also sounds like J-P conflict. Maybe if you go out, you could let her know that you'll check in with her at a specific time and let her know you're still alive. Usually curfews and regular cell calls are enough to satisfy my ISFJ and INTX mom and dad. Also if you haven't already, introduce her to the guys you're spending time with so that she knows they're nice human beings and not fanged grimy-handed monsters.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Wisdom

That sums it up in 99% of the cases
    Wisdom gets me every time. And depth. And understanding. Oh, oh, and patience. And sarcasm.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I think she's just being a mom. It's her job to protect you. Eventually, when you show her how responsible you are, she'll give you more privileges. So my advice would be to try to understand where she is coming from, but also show her that you're a big girl and able to handle yourself in a variety of situations. This may take time.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I am glad I am a wise, charming, patient [with somethings] person. Seems like I can win some people over

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I think she's just being a mom. It's her job to protect you. Eventually, when you show her how responsible you are, she'll give you more privileges. So my advice would be to try to understand where she is coming from, but also show her that you're a big girl and able to handle yourself in a variety of situations. This may take time.
    Man, I am fifteen. I am a sophomore and graduating a year early [technically making me like a juinor].

This means I will have one year to be a teenager before I am forced to go to college. I am going crazy.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I am glad I am a wise, charming, patient [with somethings] person. Seems like I can win some people over
    You've also got that sarcasm thing going on!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I am not sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    We're not too easily won, but we're totally worth the effort
    You guys would be worth the effort I am sure

I am with an INTJ relationshipwise. Best relationship I have ever had.

Wanna know why? He has logic!

Besides being mother-daughter conflict, it also sounds like J-P conflict. Maybe if you go out, you could let her know that you'll check in with her at a specific time and let her know you're still alive. Usually curfews and regular cell calls are enough to satisfy my ISFJ and INTX mom and dad. Also if you haven't already, introduce her to the guys you're spending time with so that she knows they're nice human beings and not fanged grimy-handed monsters.
    It is really a P/J thing. I like to act LIKE NOW and she likes to act.....

now?

no. wait. let me think.

(three days later)

.............................................Now? hmm. (waits an hour)

Okay. Now. But only if you clean up this, this and this, and mow the lawn.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Patience grasshopper. Patience.

... and gin.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Too young to buy alcohol