User Tag List

First 2345 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Like I said, If you've never been high, you don't know. It's not a way of thinking or percieving, it's so different that I can't explain it.

My point is, don't try to compare it to personality traits, it is like comnparing the sharpness of a needle to a thumb. Under the influence is a lot more intense than I think you are putting it out to be.

Consider this:

Lets let a tower represent being sober. It is the stream of consciousness that runs straight up into the sky, or a straight line of thought.

Let a tree represent being under the influence. There are several notacable characteristics:

1.) Tree's do not reach as high into the sky as most towers. When you're high, you don't have clarity of thought, and problem solving, judgments, and intelligent thought are strained.

2.) Where a tower is beam-line into the sky, a tree is more of a clump. It doesn't reach too far into the sky, and has no organized structure, it is scattered and sways with the wind. When you're under the influence, you think differently, process differently, and your body functions in different ways outside of the ordinary 'straight' way.

My Point: Being under the influence is incomparable to any function in our psyche. They are on two completely different tangents. Your mind functions in a completely foreign way under the influence than it does in any healthy state. Functions and MBTI run under healthy minds in the their normal state- they are preferences.
    Precisely.

Here are stellar renegade's notes on this:

Whatever drug you're taking physically, forcibly causes you to act and percieve in a certain way. It's not a preference like OneWithSoul said, you have to act and percieve that way regardless. Whereas with personality it comes straight out of you from the deepest recess of your soul. When I said that the state of robotripping I'm in now might resemble what your life is like, I meant in a loosely associative way, not something that's exactly the same. You're only that way because of your emotions and preferences, etc, whereas this is uncontrollable (but fun!)

Now, I will say that this particular drug doesn't make you feel hazy. It actually can clear your head a good deal. But yes, your thoughts are stunted. You can only go so far, but what you do think is either really clear or overly simplified to the point of being dumb sometimes (and even unrealistic sometimes, though I'm still pretty realistic while under the influence). But it's not a bunch of jumbled tiny fragments of thought, in my experience. It tends to wipe those away.

One of the things we like to do is create images with our hands. You can't really see anything but you can imagine it being there. Like, we played chess for a couple of moves, and I could actually imagine where the pawns were being placed where ordinarily I wouldn't be able to hold onto that thought with my mind.

Your mind does seem to hop from one thing to another so to speak, but at the same time you don't seem to care or really notice even. You're so caught up in the fantastic experience of it that you just go with it. I'd say that it's easier to forcibly think than it is under the influence of weed, though. It's like things are simpler, more forcible, yet rapidly moving and trailing when on this particular substance. But when some other object comes to your attention it distracts you, so your mind does hop around but it's different than pot where your mind just trails.

Weed does something completely different. It's similar in ways but on the opposite end of the scale as far as firmness/looseness goes, for instance. So it's not like every drug out there is gonna make me feel like an INFJ, and the basic effects are usually pretty universal for everyone anyway.

Sorry about your theory. There might be a little something to the thought but overall it doesn't quite hold up.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ISTx

Robo-tripping is one of the very few drugs I experimented with back in high school. You're very right, it does seem like time is sped up. I remember freaking out and telling my friend that I needed to call my parents and get in contact with them, because I felt like I had been out forever and was sure they were worried about where I was... Maybe a whole hour had gone by? lol. Minus the panicky feeling and the weird feeling in your chest/heart, it was a lot of fun. I remember sitting down to watch the cartoon show "Drawn Together" (a show I didn't watch regularly and had never seen before) and I was blown away by it. hahah.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    In a good way?
    Oh yes, especially shrooms. The way I perceive the world when tripping is not just always genuinely new and interesting, it has also lead to a insights about the "sober" world. For example while I always was open-minded, but not until the last time I took magic mushrooms did I find that I really didn't have to put a judgement of value on anything at all. Funny side effect: If I take an online MBTI test nowadays my perceiving, usually scores close to a 100%.

I do realize that psychedelics are a bit like a game of Russian Roulette, it can always go wrong. But partaking in traffic still kills more people then magic mushrooms or LSD.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    This is interesting. Yeah, it's definitely way more powerful than what you experience on a daily basis, I can say that for 100% sure. BUT -- you may experience it on a much lower level, maybe at about the extent I am now, I dunno. At this level I'd have no problem driving.
    Oh, that was what I was implying, of course.

I wasn't saying that it made you EXACTLY a certain way. I was trying to imply that the drugs, since they force your brain to work a certain way, could possibly cause you to experience an extremely intense, yet distorted version of what it's like to be another type.

Sheesh. People assume that I'm taking a lot more for granted than I am unless I point out every little speck of dirt. I mean, of course it's not EXACTLY like being high, but... it seems like there's the potential for a limited window into what it's like to function differently. I don't know, maybe there isn't...

Oh, well. I don't know anything about this, so just don't pick at my poor, tired little idea anymore. I've pointed out enough specks of dirt.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Oh hey look, a drug thread.

"Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Robo-tripping is one of the very few drugs I experimented with back in high school. You're very right, it does seem like time is sped up. I remember freaking out and telling my friend that I needed to call my parents and get in contact with them, because I felt like I had been out forever and was sure they were worried about where I was... Maybe a whole hour had gone by? lol. Minus the panicky feeling and the weird feeling in your chest/heart, it was a lot of fun. I remember sitting down to watch the cartoon show "Drawn Together" (a show I didn't watch regularly and had never seen before) and I was blown away by it. hahah.
    haha, I'm already blown away by that show, I can only imagine what it's like to watch it while robo-tripping! I'll have to try that next time! Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Oh, that was what I was implying, of course.

I wasn't saying that it made you EXACTLY a certain way. I was trying to imply that the drugs, since they force your brain to work a certain way, could possibly cause you to experience an extremely intense, yet distorted version of what it's like to be another type.

Sheesh. People assume that I'm taking a lot more for granted than I am unless I point out every little speck of dirt. I mean, of course it's not EXACTLY like being high, but... it seems like there's the potential for a limited window into what it's like to function differently. I don't know, maybe there isn't...

Oh, well. I don't know anything about this, so just don't pick at my poor, tired little idea anymore. I've pointed out enough specks of dirt.
    Oh, well I figured but just wanted to make sure you understood that. I never know for sure what you're thinking about something, sometimes you seem to have some pretty far-out ideas.

Of course I'm still not sure you'd have enough of a different experience to know what it's like to be another type, but again, you could always try it. Be careful though and do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Oh hey look, a drug thread.

haha! niiiice, what exactly happened there?
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INxJ

Are you visiting Utah? Kids drink cough syrup there, because of the strict alcohol laws. Or so, I've been told.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Are you visiting Utah? Kids drink cough syrup there, because of the strict alcohol laws. Or so, I've been told.
    haha, no. That's hilarious though.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    ROFL!!!

That cat totally looks like it's on cough syrup!!! That's righteous.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    haha! niiiice, what exactly happened there?
    Who knew that the holy bible was a viable mycological growth medium?
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Oh yes, especially shrooms. The way I perceive the world when tripping is not just always genuinely new and interesting, it has also lead to a insights about the "sober" world. For example while I always was open-minded, but not until the last time I took magic mushrooms did I find that I really didn't have to put a judgement of value on anything at all. Funny side effect: If I take an online MBTI test nowadays my perceiving, usually scores close to a 100%.

I do realize that psychedelics are a bit like a game of Russian Roulette, it can always go wrong. But partaking in traffic still kills more people then magic mushrooms or LSD.
    Precisely.

I like to think of psychedelics as opening up doors of perception.

Experiencing this infinite openness of mind has transferred over into sober state of mind.