User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 42

  1. #21
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    What does robitussin do? It's a dissociative right?

    Hmm, I'm not really in the right mindset right now, otherwise I'd love to try it.

  2. #22
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    My ENTP friend and roommate (who was tripping with me but fell asleep) could explain it better than I could. All I know is everything seems like it's moving and active and going way faster. Your body movements have to fit into a certain groove, I don't know how to explain it better than that right now but basically you can move but you have to be deliberate about it. You can think but it's more like a forceful, simple thought, know what I mean? Like your body movements. If you've ever been high, your mind kinda simplifies like that but it's not as loose, more like you're fitting into grooves, if that makes sense.

    Oh, shit. What else was I gonna say in here? I totes forgot.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  3. #23
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    hahaha, I had to laugh in my hands to keep anyone else from hearing and waking up or coming into the room. That's hilarious. So you blank out sometimes, or miss some things? Wow, what a trip.

    believe me, it's nothing like actually tripping though, I'm sure of it. It's pretty hard to function, it's kind of a fight. I didn't have any mispellings, though! Go me!
    Well, I didn't think it is, but I think my mindset is closer to that than is typical.

    Yes, I do have that blanking out thing, though. In fact, I have to fight to hold my awareness on whatever I'm dealing with if it's something outside my mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    My ENTP friend and roommate (who was tripping with me but fell asleep) could explain it better than I could. All I know is everything seems like it's moving and active and going way faster. Your body movements have to fit into a certain groove, I don't know how to explain it better than that right now but basically you can move but you have to be deliberate about it. You can think but it's more like a forceful, simple thought, know what I mean? Like your body movements. If you've ever been high, your mind kinda simplifies like that but it's not as loose, more like you're fitting into grooves, if that makes sense.
    That's another one! You're doing very well at describing how I experience reality. This is one of the reasons I don't like to do anything that requires a lot of moving around or an ability to adapt to changing input quickly, like drive a car... my awareness isn't fluid, and everything seems to be going way too fast. My movements seem to require thought, only work if I "time" them right.

    I wonder... would you be comfortable driving a car in your current state of mind, or something remotely close to it? I'm just curious.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I didn't think it is, but I think my mindset is closer to that than is typical.

    Yes, I do have that blanking out thing, though. In fact, I have to fight to hold my awareness on whatever I'm dealing with.



    That's another one! You're doing very well at describing how I experience reality. This is one of the reasons I don't like to do anything that requires a lot of moving around or an ability to adapt to changing input quickly, like drive a car... my awareness isn't fluid, and everything seems to be going way too fast. My movements seem to require thought, only work if I "time" them right.

    I wonder... would you be comfortable driving a car in your current state of mind? I'm just curious.
    LOL, Athenian, if you've never even been high, then you have no idea, really. I looked up on the effects of being high and thought it wouldn't be rough, but until you've actually been under a drug, you don't know how intense it is. Sometimes, people underestimate the power of it, and it is nothing you can experience without drugs. Once you get high, you'll know. What he said is right, but it's more intense then you think it is.

    edit: I'm not trying to sound rude. I'm just giving you some insight.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  5. #25
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    LOL, Athenian, if you've never even been high, then you have no idea, really. I looked up on the effects of being high and thought it wouldn't be rough, but until you've actually been under a drug, you don't know how intense it is. Sometimes, people underestimate the power of it, and it is nothing you can experience without drugs. Once you get high, you'll know. What he said is right, but it's more intense then you think it is.

    edit: I'm not trying to sound rude. I'm just giving you some insight.
    Eh, I'm not particularly interested in that kind of insight.

    It's not the same for every person, anyway... I was just curious as to whether what some people experience when high is similar to what other people experience when sober. Basically, whether drugs cause people to use shadow functions, switch to a different part of their brain or something. I'm not particularly interested in "the power of the experience," and all that stuff.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Willfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    615

    Default

    I've done this, a couple years ago. Just twice, the first time I spent half ot the 'high' sitting on a toilet.

    The other time I was talked into doing two bottles and spent most my time on the couch, listening to my MP3 player somewhere on the edge of consciousness.

    The curious should be careful. You want only DXM (Dextromethorphan) as the active ingredient, if there is anything else mixed in you're taking a considerable risk...
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

  7. #27
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Eh, I'm not particularly interested in that kind of insight.

    It's not the same for every person, anyway... I was just curious as to whether what some people experience when high is similar to what other people experience when sober. Basically, whether drugs cause people to use shadow functions, switch to a different part of their brain or something. I'm not particularly interested in "the power of the experience," and all that stuff.
    Like I said, If you've never been high, you don't know. It's not a way of thinking or percieving, it's so different that I can't explain it.

    My point is, don't try to compare it to personality traits, it is like comnparing the sharpness of a needle to a thumb. Under the influence is a lot more intense than I think you are putting it out to be.

    Consider this:

    Lets let a tower represent being sober. It is the stream of consciousness that runs straight up into the sky, or a straight line of thought.

    Let a tree represent being under the influence. There are several notacable characteristics:

    1.) Tree's do not reach as high into the sky as most towers. When you're high, you don't have clarity of thought, and problem solving, judgments, and intelligent thought are strained.

    2.) Where a tower is beam-line into the sky, a tree is more of a clump. It doesn't reach too far into the sky, and has no organized structure, it is scattered and sways with the wind. When you're under the influence, you think differently, process differently, and your body functions in different ways outside of the ordinary 'straight' way.

    My Point: Being under the influence is incomparable to any function in our psyche. They are on two completely different tangents. Your mind functions in a completely foreign way under the influence than it does in any healthy state. Functions and MBTI run under healthy minds in the their normal state- they are preferences.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    My ENTP friend and roommate (who was tripping with me but fell asleep) could explain it better than I could. All I know is everything seems like it's moving and active and going way faster. Your body movements have to fit into a certain groove, I don't know how to explain it better than that right now but basically you can move but you have to be deliberate about it. You can think but it's more like a forceful, simple thought, know what I mean? Like your body movements. If you've ever been high, your mind kinda simplifies like that but it's not as loose, more like you're fitting into grooves, if that makes sense.

    Oh, shit. What else was I gonna say in here? I totes forgot.
    I've been high, but never to dissociatives, only psychedelics. And they don't simplify my mind, they increase the chaos tremendously.

  9. #29
    Pose! Salt n' pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I've been high, but never to dissociatives, only psychedelics. And they don't simplify my mind, they increase the chaos tremendously.
    In a good way?

  10. #30
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I didn't think it is, but I think my mindset is closer to that than is typical.

    Yes, I do have that blanking out thing, though. In fact, I have to fight to hold my awareness on whatever I'm dealing with if it's something outside my mind.

    That's another one! You're doing very well at describing how I experience reality. This is one of the reasons I don't like to do anything that requires a lot of moving around or an ability to adapt to changing input quickly, like drive a car... my awareness isn't fluid, and everything seems to be going way too fast. My movements seem to require thought, only work if I "time" them right.
    Wow, for real? Like for real, for real!? That would explain why Meseri acts the way he does, hahaha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I wonder... would you be comfortable driving a car in your current state of mind, or something remotely close to it? I'm just curious.
    I've actually come down off it a whole lot now, so I can't give as good of an answer, but probably not, actually. I'd have to be really careful and watch myself and everything around me intently.

    But...

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Eh, I'm not particularly interested in that kind of insight.

    It's not the same for every person, anyway... I was just curious as to whether what some people experience when high is similar to what other people experience when sober. Basically, whether drugs cause people to use shadow functions, switch to a different part of their brain or something. I'm not particularly interested in "the power of the experience," and all that stuff.
    This is interesting. Yeah, it's definitely way more powerful than what you experience on a daily basis, I can say that for 100% sure. BUT -- you may experience it on a much lower level, maybe at about the extent I am now, I dunno. At this level I'd have no problem driving.

    I don't think you'd go into ESTP mode when on the stuff, though. I dunno, you could try. It might rock your brain a little much, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I've done this, a couple years ago. Just twice, the first time I spent half ot the 'high' sitting on a toilet.

    The other time I was talked into doing two bottles and spent most my time on the couch, listening to my MP3 player somewhere on the edge of consciousness.
    OH MANNN!!! hahahaha, two whole bottles!? Godloveit. I can only imagine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    The curious should be careful. You want only DXM (Dextromethorphan) as the active ingredient, if there is anything else mixed in you're taking a considerable risk...
    Oh yeah, definitely. My friend informed me about all that. I would've researched it myself simply because of my innate awareness of Nature's tiny triggers but he had it down because he's a fuggin' MASTERMIND!

    Thank you, though! Appreciate you lookin' out for my safety!
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Similar Threads

  1. What if the world were run by SP? SJs? NFs? NTs?
    By nharkey in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-31-2015, 11:44 AM
  2. the ansver to how save the world(suggested by a mushroom)
    By INTP in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 05:41 AM
  3. If the world was composed only by one type...
    By IceBlock in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 03:19 AM
  4. An INFP in the UK by way of SoCal
    By Lindy Lou in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 01:36 PM
  5. If the world were run by MBTI?
    By ThatGirl in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 03:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO