User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    I remember that!

And I remember my gameshark and how I knew the cheat to get infinite Master Balls so I'd never have to fuss with pokemon escaping ever again.

My favourites:

Charizard:

Vulpix:

Rapidash:

Umbreon:

Cubone:

On the whole, from pokemon Red/Blue, I found the fire types far more appealing design wise. From Silver I tended to like the dark types best aesthetically.

Favourite city:

Blue:

Saffron City -- gambling, mafia headquarters, snarky little gym master, what's not to like?

Silver:

Goldenrod City -- just LOTS to do there.

Favourite pokemon character (assuming from the anime):

None that I can remember...maybe Bulbasaur in the episode when he joined the team. Or James from Team Rocket...because he was such a lovable moron.

I think I've earned my super-dork certification now. You guys have no idea how into pokemon I was in middle school. I watched the anime, collected the cards, played through several versions of the games, had one of those "tamagachi" pikachu things...

Really, it was all quite ridiculous. But then, before that, I was just as passionate about Legos...

Edit: Dear god...I feel the need to start up a new game for Pokemon Silver and give it a go... But I need to pack...and I think my strategy guide is at home.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

This thread makes me so happy.

Whats your favorite pokemon?
    I loved the show in primary/middle school, and Charizard was my favorite because he didn't give a fuck. Ash would be all like, "Charizard go! Fight for the honor of our dojo!" and Charizard would be like "Yeah. Guess you missed that part where I'm a big-ass dragon, huh? Might wanna slow your roll there playa." And then he'd go to sleep. That's a role model right there.

Whats your favorite city in pokemon?

I liked Cinnibar Island. It was the Walmart of the Pokemon world.

Whats your favorite character in pokemon?

See first answer.

Supply a picture just for the effect, and describe to me how you feel about it and what makes it your favorite city/character/pokemon.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biDi6xxr-WI"]It's practically his theme song[/YOUTUBE]

And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

#1 Eevee
    #2&3 these questions are overshadowed by the pure awesome factor of eevee, to the point that their relevancy is effectively nil. The characters in the games/shows/movies/etc are poorly thought out and boring, the cities are crap, but eevee is still cute.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Whats your favorite pokemon?
    #151 Mew

Well, one of the things that makes it my favorite is that it's rare and hidden, kind of elusive (it had to be given a number higher than 150, when it was originally thought there were only 150 pokemon). The other thing I like is how it can use transform to confuse its opponents, and has strong psychic defensive powers.

Whats your favorite city in pokemon?

Goldenrod City in Gold/Silver. I like it because there's so much to do there, with the Game Corner, Department Store, Pokemon Day Care/Breeding, transit to Kanto, the person who tells you the happiness of your Pokemon, and the place to collect the ID prize. Oh, and not to mention that a lot of the story takes place there. Finally, the idea is just very positive... it's got that whole "big city" vibe to it, and you get the sense of a large place full of opportunity and new technology.
    Whats your favorite character in pokemon?

Sabrina. She has psychic powers and a lot of determination. She also has kind of an interestingly fragmented personality. "Sabrina's mind was divided into the cold, callous woman with a thirst for power and the little girl who just wanted to have fun." could that BE anymore NTJ?

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

My favorite was Alakazam, but I stopped with pokemon during childhood
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Bah, good job guys. You lot have reminded me of the fun of the games...and now I'm thinking, "So how much is a Nintendo DS again...? And what's the new version of the games? Is it FINALLY 3D to some degree?"
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Diglet
    "So I say, live and let live. That’s my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Bah, good job guys. You lot have reminded me of the fun of the games...and now I'm thinking, "So how much is a Nintendo DS again...? And what's the new version of the games? Is it FINALLY 3D to some degree?"
    i have had similar thoughts, but they're usually followed by afterthoughts of potential disappointment.
    i haven't played any pokémon games since yellow.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    they are the same as always, except the graphics are 3d(ish) now. It's still the same overhead perspective

i don't know what you've played, but the second generation is getting DS remakes soon, so that would be a good place to start for returning people i guess

i can't wait for soulsilver

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Eventually there's going to be OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!! Pokemon.

And the developers will have OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!! billion dollars.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)