User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default EPs and the urge to experience

EPs...how would you describe your mindset when it comes to experiencing new stuff, going on adventures, meeting people, partying, traveling, etc ?

Are you satisfied with yourself at this point? Do you wish you could experience more? Would you say it's an urge that changed with age? How important is it to you and in what measure do you think it changes you?

How do balance between reaching your goal (professionally) and experiencing new stuff? Is one more important than the other in the long run?

How important is experiencing VS reaching a predefined goal, to you?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I love experiences. Totally. Even bad ones I end up thinking "hey, at least it's an experience."

I want to travel more.

I'm lucky I don't need a "real" job, although I really would like to try a short stint at being a "real" engineer. I'm pretty happy with my ENFP work history.

Am I supposed to have goals?

garbage

I constantly rotate out my hobbies and try new ones. My work projects largely change every 3-6 months, and I have multiple going on at once. At work, my overall responsibilities constantly shift from technical work to business development to logistics and back again. My first opportunity to take the trip out of the country was halfway around the world--a 13/14-hour time difference.

Lots of people have interesting stories. If they do, then I'm interested in them. Overall, I've grown from being afraid of parties to being bored by them, though, since the lowest common denominator often reigns..

How do I maintain a balance? I have a flexible job, which very rarely has a set schedule. I've worked myself into a position where I can make a comfortable living and still progress in my career while still having enough free time to go out and experience more of life. It took a lot of time and effort to reach that position, but it's been worth it.

If you keep your goals somewhat general and flexible, there's no tradeoff between experiencing and accomplishing.

I've made a dedicated effort to "sow my oats" within the past year. Before that time, I'd felt that there was a lot of life experience that I had missed out on. Now, there's a lot that I still want to do--and I'm planning on doing so--but I don't feel that I'm lacking in the slightest.

However, with the "out with the old and in with the new" mentality, I'm still careful about not tossing out what is worthwhile to keep. I'm not stupid enough to abandon situations, people, places, and career paths that are beneficial in the long term.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

When I was younger, I hated life and was quite scared of it and the people around me.

Now that I'm not retarded anymore, I live for experiencing life. I plan my career as an adult out very carefully so that I may do the things I aim to experience.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    When I was younger, I hated life and was quite scared of it and the people around me.

Now that I'm not retarded anymore, I live for experiencing life. I plan my career as an adult out very carefully so that I may do the things I aim to experience.
    That exactly
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

^^^ What my twin said.

Seriously though, I used to be quite anxious about new experiences, but I think that was because of a low self-esteem, because I would 'generate' experiences in a 'safe' environment at home via imagination. Once I had a better self-esteem, I went out and did stuff.

LOVE traveling. It's one of my passions. Unfortunately I'm broke, so I can't do it anymore (one of the shitty parts about being a freelance teacher is that you have no money or time).

HATE parties. YUCK. NO. Parties make we want to barf in a handbasket. I avoid them whenever I can. On the other hand, wonderful conversations with close friends is something I cherish - the mindmate-soulmate connection.

LOVE having new experience at work. Once I know I've seen and done everything that captures my interest, I want to move on and add something else. Or change my job.

HATE having instable relationships with fuckwits.

LOVE gaining new knowledge in subjects I love.

HATE moving around, but LOVE being in a new place but HATE having to get to know new people but LOVE having friends when they develop (or cool people to hang out with, since they are more likely not FRIENDS).

My love of the novel depends on my perception of it. Positive new experiences that help me grow are awesome. However, I do need stability and security in my life. Balance is good.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i would say my desire for new experiences is the main thing that has remained constant in my life and it has not lessened...can't imagine it ever will....i'd float around to different areas, meeting new people, going to parties, trying new things...food, activities whatever all the time my whole life....very hard to set up your life that way...but...yeah...i'd like to try...it's a constant source of conflict within myself...wanting to go to new places and try new things but not wanting to leave people behind.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Life is short, and I want to make the most of it. When I die, I want to be able to say that I made the most of life, and lived it to the fullest. I want to have tried everything that I wanted to try, experienced all the environments that I wanted to experienced, met all different kinds of people, been bored and unhappy as little as possible.

I usually get frustrated at people who block me from doing things because they don't have this same mindset as me.

I'll try almost anything once, and I'll accept almost any kind of person. I'll go and do things just for the sake of doing them, or for doing something new and different.

Fuck I wanna go do something now.

EDIT: I balance my desire for new experiences and my need to fulfill my obligations by just making sure that I get done what has to get done...that simple really. Just a bit of self-discipline.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ENFP

Oh. So. True. = O I'm in college right now about to graduate in a major I question day in and day out. I wonder if I am making the right decision by picking a major that will make some cash and let me meet lots of people, even though i don't love it per se. I just know I am not the kind of person who would ever want to settle on one kind of lifestyle- is it possible to just choose all of the above?

Right now my N side is telling me to quit school to become a bartender/ dance teacher, but I'm afraid of the consequences. So it's just best to try them all at once i figure.

So much time, so little to do- or was that the other way around?- Willy Wonka

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    Life is short, and I want to make the most of it. When I die, I want to be able to say that I made the most of life, and lived it to the fullest. I want to have tried everything that I wanted to try, experienced all the environments that I wanted to experienced, met all different kinds of people, been bored and unhappy as little as possible.

I usually get frustrated at people who block me from doing things because they don't have this same mindset as me.

I'll try almost anything once, and I'll accept almost any kind of person. I'll go and do things just for the sake of doing them, or for doing something new and different.

Fuck I wanna go do something now.

EDIT: I balance my desire for new experiences and my need to fulfill my obligations by just making sure that I get done what has to get done...that simple really. Just a bit of self-discipline.
    haha!! me too!

yes balance...figuring out a way to make adventure coexist with other life obligations.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison