User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EPs and the urge to experience

hey, i know i'm an I P, but experiencing new things has always been the driving force of my life, it's what i live for! joie de vivre!! i think that's the best phrase ever.

it has really impeded my career, i used to change jobs constantly and dramatically, i mean dramatically different jobs. and to be fair, when i settled down into my career of being a firefighter, it was because i loved the experience of being a firefighter. firefighting had never been my goal. i fell into it, and fell in love.

i am very short-term experience oriented, goals and long-range plans suffer a lot in my life.
    it is all about the journey, the destination is meaningless. meaningless!!

i like what Elaur and Lady X an Cenomite have said.
    haha, this thread also makes me want to get up and do something!!

9w1 sx/so

let's go...come on..we're all texas folks haha

yeah...a career that gives you constant new experiences is the way to go syguy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

I was crazy to experience things when I was very young, and did crazy things, and I'm really glad to even be sitting here typing this here right now. Ha, but seriously. Yeah.

Now that I'm a little more sensible, I seriously would like to travel some more or something. I'm in school, so that keeps me intellectually stimulated, but yes, experience is important to me.

However, I don't think I would ever want a job where I was constantly travelling. I couldn't deal with that.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah...a career that gives you constant new experiences is the way to go syguy.
    On the flipside, I had supported the same customer on the same project for my entire working day for about a year and a half. I was about ready to quit my job because of the monotony, despite the fact that I was in a situation that most people are in--most of the people I worked with are still working on that particular project.

Boredom as a driving force has the downside that it basically requires you to try new things