User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ns Do you remember your dreams?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • xNTP: Generally and well

8 8.16%
  • xNTP: Regularly

10 10.20%
  • xNTP: Rarely

13 13.27%
  • xNFP: Generally and well

8 8.16%
  • xNFP: Regularly

12 12.24%
  • xNFP: Rarely

11 11.22%
  • xNTJ: Generally and well

3 3.06%
  • xNTJ: Regularly

4 4.08%
  • xNTJ: Rarely

7 7.14%
  • xNFJ: Generally and well

10 10.20%
  • xNFJ: Regularly

7 7.14%
  • xNFJ: Rarely

5 5.10%
First 34567 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I don't know...I mean, we remember our dreams when we're in that lighter level of sleep, right before we wake up, right?? So for me, the more sleep I get, and the more I then lie around and fall back asleep, the more I dream and recall my dreams, and can do the lucid dream thing. Or, if I'm preoccupied with things in my life, and consequently can't sleep well, then I'll be in a lighter sleep, will wake up a lot, and thus will dream more.
    Well the scientific understanding is that we have dreams only during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep which occurs only when you reached delta (deep wave) sleep. Brain wave patterns for REM sleep is very much like patterns when we're awake though. So I'm not exactly sure that is called a "lighter" level.

Lighter sleepers may not necessarily remember more dreams if they don't frequent REM sleep stage as much as a deeper sleeper.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Well the scientific understanding is that we have dreams only during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep which occurs only when you reached delta (deep wave) sleep. Brain wave patterns for REM sleep is very much like patterns when we're awake though. So I'm not exactly sure that is called a "lighter" level.

Lighter sleepers may not necessarily remember more dreams if they don't frequent REM sleep stage as much as a deeper sleeper.
    Hmm...thank you for the information! I had associated my dreaming state with 'lighter' sleep simply because much of the time it's when I am practically awake, or am aware that I am asleep and dreaming (like I have a bit of an analyzer in the background making a little 'check' that I am dreaming...an observation that I can kick back and watch my dream unfold, or impact it in some ways). Is there a distinction between lucid dreaming (which might be more what I'm referring to), and regular dreaming? If so, I do much more lucid dreaming than the other dream types, which I remember less frequently.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post

Not only during REM sleep. But mostly, yes. The most vivid and memorable dreams take place in REM.

Hmm...thank you for the information! I had associated my dreaming state with 'lighter' sleep simply because much of the time it's when I am practically awake, or am aware that I am asleep and dreaming (like I have a bit of an analyzer in the background making a little 'check' that I am dreaming...an observation that I can kick back and watch my dream unfold, or impact it in some ways). Is there a distinction between lucid dreaming (which might be more what I'm referring to), and regular dreaming? If so, I do much more lucid dreaming than the other dream types, which I remember less frequently.
    Are you sure it is lucid dreaming you're experiencing? In lucid dreams you are indeed aware that it is a dream, and may have a certain level of control over it, depending on how lucid you are. However, you are still, by all means, dreaming. Unaware of your physical body and surroundings.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post

Are you sure it is lucid dreaming you're experiencing? In lucid dreams you are indeed aware that it is a dream, and may have a certain level of control over it, depending on how lucid you are. However, you are still, by all means, dreaming. Unaware of your physical body and surroundings.
    Yes, it sounds like I'm lucid dreaming. As you say, I'm aware it's a dream, I have a certain level of control (although much of the time it's minimal/nonexistent...it depends on whether I'm curious to just see it play out however it plays out without my interference, which tends to be the majority of the time, or whether I have a more desirable outcome in mind and want to push it in a certain direction), but am definitely dreaming - I'm not aware of my physical surroundings - i.e. where I'm sleeping, what's going on outside my body, etc.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Yes, it sounds like I'm lucid dreaming. As you say, I'm aware it's a dream, I have a certain level of control (although much of the time it's minimal/nonexistent...it depends on whether I'm curious to just see it play out however it plays out without my interference, which tends to be the majority of the time, or whether I have a more desirable outcome in mind and want to push it in a certain direction), but am definitely dreaming - I'm not aware of my physical surroundings - i.e. where I'm sleeping, what's going on outside my body, etc.

So you have them often, and you didn't have to develop this ability or train it in any way? I must say you are quite lucky.

MBTI
    ENFP

heres a great book on how to learn how to become aware while dreaming and remember them more often. I own it and recommend it. It helped me a lot on waking up in my dreams and learning how to not fall out of lucid dreaming once i woke up inside my dreams. Amazon.com: Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life (9780517887103): Robert Moss: Books

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Rarely.

No matter how interesting the dream was, unless I write it down immediately, I forget the details.

At best, I remember an aspect of the dream very vaguely.

Like the other night, in my dream, I think I was burglarizing some lady's house and she caught me and tried to reason with me.

That's about all I can remember now.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I remember them rarely. In my dreams lately, I usually swim and dive in a pool, and I enjoy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I do remember my dreams many times. It's probably because I wake up many times during the night in the middle of my dreaming and thus remember the dreams.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I generally remember my dreams. Not always though. I have hazy recollections in that case. If it's an exceptionally lucid dream, my subconscious is trying to tell me something.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]