User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 42

  1. #1
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default How do you do laundry?

    Mom's not home and I have nothing clean to wear. Help me out?
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  2. #2
    Senior Member avolkiteshvara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    YaYa
    Posts
    895

    Default

    You need to do the INTP sniff test.

    Who needs washers.

  3. #3
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Do they have any lables on them still? Most socks you should be able to throw into the washing machine then the dryer. I usually use Warm/Cold for my whites, and Cold/Cold for my anything with colors or darks. What kind of washing machine do you have? Does it look like a tub, or a barrel on it's side?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    I just wash everything cold: lights, darks, colors, jeans, whatever. Put the soap/powder in there while the water is running and jam the clothes in. Done!



  5. #5
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Plunge and scrub. Happy to help Any time!

  6. #6
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I just wash everything cold: lights, darks, colors, jeans, whatever. Put the soap/powder in there while the water is running and jam the clothes in. Done!
    There are some differences between top loaders and front loaders though...

    I also know methods for actually taking care of the clothes, and ensuring they get clean, so I figured I might as well offer that option as well. Craming things in actually hampers half the action that does the cleaning.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    If they're whites, I put them on hot/cold cycle with a bit of bleach and soap and softener. Dryer on normal settings.

    Darks, cold/cold wash with like colors. No bleach. Dry on normal settings.

    Jeans, colors, t-shirts, towels. I put on a warm/cold wash with soap. The detergent will tell you how much to use of it. Dry on heavy settings (like..longer settings time-wise.)

    Delicates on the delicate cycles and either hang dry or toss softly in the dryer.

    If it's something you have to hand wash, I usually put a bit of detergent in warm to hot water in the sink, scrub it around a bit and/or get any stains off, let it soak in that water until the water loses it's heat. I drain the water, let it soak in clean water. Drain that, and rinse it with lukewarm to cold water until all of the soap's out. Sometimes I fill it up again and put a bit of fabric softener in and then rinse it again, but usually not. Then I hang it outside to dry in the heat. If it's bad weather, I put it in the bathroom with the little air-sucking machine on until dry.

    Hope this helps.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  8. #8
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    There are some differences between top loaders and front loaders though...

    I also know methods for actually taking care of the clothes, and ensuring they get clean, so I figured I might as well offer that option as well. Craming things in actually hampers half the action that does the cleaning.
    As long as I can say I've put clothes through the washing machine, I consider them clean, partially because I don't think they're that dirty in the first place. So what if I've worn these shorts for 5 days. They don't look dirty...



  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    i have my wife do my laundry.

  10. #10
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    If they're whites, I put them on hot/cold cycle with a bit of bleach and soap and softener. Dryer on normal settings.

    Darks, cold/cold wash with like colors. No bleach. Dry on normal settings.

    Jeans, colors, t-shirts, towels. I put on a warm/cold wash with soap. The detergent will tell you how much to use of it. Dry on heavy settings (like..longer settings time-wise.)

    Delicates on the delicate cycles and either hang dry or toss softly in the dryer.

    If it's something you have to hand wash, I usually put a bit of detergent in warm to hot water in the sink, scrub it around a bit and/or get any stains off, let it soak in that water until the water loses it's heat. I drain the water, let it soak in clean water. Drain that, and rinse it with lukewarm to cold water until all of the soap's out. Sometimes I fill it up again and put a bit of fabric softener in and then rinse it again, but usually not. Then I hang it outside to dry in the heat. If it's bad weather, I put it in the bathroom with the little air-sucking machine on until dry.

    Hope this helps.
    Very much so!
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    As long as I can say I've put clothes through the washing machine, I consider them clean, partially because I don't think they're that dirty in the first place. So what if I've worn these shorts for 5 days. They don't look dirty...
    Hell yeah! Same pair of jeans every day for two weeks is my record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    i have my wife do my laundry.
    Alas, I like dudes
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you normally identify posts' authors?
    By Brendan in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-22-2015, 05:18 PM
  2. [MBTItm] INTJ: How do others see you? (ISFJ mom's opinion of me)
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 09:20 PM
  3. [NF] NFs, how do you deal with Thinking...
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 10:34 PM
  4. How Do You Post So Much?
    By Crabapple in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO