User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default How do you do laundry?

Mom's not home and I have nothing clean to wear. Help me out?
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    YaYa

You need to do the INTP sniff test.

Who needs washers.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Do they have any lables on them still? Most socks you should be able to throw into the washing machine then the dryer. I usually use Warm/Cold for my whites, and Cold/Cold for my anything with colors or darks. What kind of washing machine do you have? Does it look like a tub, or a barrel on it's side?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I just wash everything cold: lights, darks, colors, jeans, whatever. Put the soap/powder in there while the water is running and jam the clothes in. Done!

Phantonym

Plunge and scrub. Happy to help Any time!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I just wash everything cold: lights, darks, colors, jeans, whatever. Put the soap/powder in there while the water is running and jam the clothes in. Done!
    There are some differences between top loaders and front loaders though...

I also know methods for actually taking care of the clothes, and ensuring they get clean, so I figured I might as well offer that option as well. Craming things in actually hampers half the action that does the cleaning.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

If they're whites, I put them on hot/cold cycle with a bit of bleach and soap and softener. Dryer on normal settings.

Darks, cold/cold wash with like colors. No bleach. Dry on normal settings.

Jeans, colors, t-shirts, towels. I put on a warm/cold wash with soap. The detergent will tell you how much to use of it. Dry on heavy settings (like..longer settings time-wise.)

Delicates on the delicate cycles and either hang dry or toss softly in the dryer.

If it's something you have to hand wash, I usually put a bit of detergent in warm to hot water in the sink, scrub it around a bit and/or get any stains off, let it soak in that water until the water loses it's heat. I drain the water, let it soak in clean water. Drain that, and rinse it with lukewarm to cold water until all of the soap's out. Sometimes I fill it up again and put a bit of fabric softener in and then rinse it again, but usually not. Then I hang it outside to dry in the heat. If it's bad weather, I put it in the bathroom with the little air-sucking machine on until dry.

Hope this helps.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    There are some differences between top loaders and front loaders though...

I also know methods for actually taking care of the clothes, and ensuring they get clean, so I figured I might as well offer that option as well. Craming things in actually hampers half the action that does the cleaning.
    As long as I can say I've put clothes through the washing machine, I consider them clean, partially because I don't think they're that dirty in the first place. So what if I've worn these shorts for 5 days. They don't look dirty...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

i have my wife do my laundry.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    If they're whites, I put them on hot/cold cycle with a bit of bleach and soap and softener. Dryer on normal settings.

Darks, cold/cold wash with like colors. No bleach. Dry on normal settings.

Jeans, colors, t-shirts, towels. I put on a warm/cold wash with soap. The detergent will tell you how much to use of it. Dry on heavy settings (like..longer settings time-wise.)

Delicates on the delicate cycles and either hang dry or toss softly in the dryer.

If it's something you have to hand wash, I usually put a bit of detergent in warm to hot water in the sink, scrub it around a bit and/or get any stains off, let it soak in that water until the water loses it's heat. I drain the water, let it soak in clean water. Drain that, and rinse it with lukewarm to cold water until all of the soap's out. Sometimes I fill it up again and put a bit of fabric softener in and then rinse it again, but usually not. Then I hang it outside to dry in the heat. If it's bad weather, I put it in the bathroom with the little air-sucking machine on until dry.

Hope this helps.
    Very much so!
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    As long as I can say I've put clothes through the washing machine, I consider them clean, partially because I don't think they're that dirty in the first place. So what if I've worn these shorts for 5 days. They don't look dirty...
    Hell yeah! Same pair of jeans every day for two weeks is my record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    i have my wife do my laundry.
    Alas, I like dudes
    There is no such thing as separation from God.