User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Insults

MBTI
    GONE

Default Insults

Inspired by Santtu's thread on 'compliments' what are some insults that people have told you that really got to you? And why did they get to you?

These can also be unintentional insults.

Me - an ESFP guy called me "boring and pedestrian". I was sooooo displeased! :steam: I think as a fellow EXFP he knew how to get me! He said it because he was put off that supposedly I don't call him anymore and when I did that night (bc he asked me to) and found out he had seen a woman I was dating, I started asking him a bunch of questions about her. So he said the above as in I "used to be interesting and fun". He kinda liked me too apparently. HA HA HA.

Otherwise, other things that people have tried to insult me with generally do not phase me too bad. I have been street harassed before so after a while it just becomes...boring and pedestrian!!!!

I did have an ex laugh and call me "a robot without feelings" once - because I didn't cry at my highschool graduation? - after we had already been broken up for over a year - and honestly that made me cry right on the spot. My own reaction surprised me, I think I was caught off guard and therefore hurt because she was such an asshole and it was such an obvious and crude attempt to get a reaction out of me. And it worked! Bah. Yeah, I do not talk to that one anymore.

And another time a guy basically told me I had the body of a farmer (???) but that he liked that? W.T.F. Hahahahaha.

Sooooo - your turn now!

Remember, these are insults that people have told you. This is not a thread to insult other members or be overly self-deprecating or to make up insults.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    infj

At a going away party that some friends threw for me awhile back one of my good friends was chatting with another good friend about how they had met me. She said when she first met me several years ago, she thought I "was just a weird, quiet nerd," but later learned there was a lot more to me than that. I've been called weird, I've been called quiet, and I've been called nerdy, and I usually have no qualms with any of those descriptions (they're often meant as compliments), but there was something about combining all three of them in one sentence, preceded by that "just" that hurt my feelings. I think the reason why it stung so much was because I'm always very concerned about people's first impressions of me, since I'm often told by friends that when they first met me they thought I was stuck up or "too cool for school."

It's strange how I internalize the insults so much more readily than the compliments people have given me. I was trying to brainstorm for the compliments thread, and realized that I couldn't remember any, although I've gotten plenty of compliments in my life!

Edit: I just remembered that one of my other friends often calls me a "man" because of how rational and cautious I can be about relationships. I'm more insulted that she construes rational caution to be a manly attribute than the fact that she calls me a man. I mean, WTF?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

This one happened half a decade ago. My aunt, who was thousands of dollars in debt and living on government benefits, was about to add a new computer to her heap of possessions. I became annoyed and told her it was unlikely she would be able to pay her bills, much less buy a new PC. She burst into tears; I told her it was her own fault, that I didn't feel sorry for her; and, quite understandably, she called me cold. That really got to me. Call me anything but cold; I accept and acknowledge most of my flaws, but not the emotional deadness I sometimes suffer from.

Another thing that really gets to me is when someone speaks slander against me and nothing I can do will clear away the falsehood. The worst thing is to be misunderstood; it's as if someone has taken their hand and clasped it over my mouth, and I can't express the truth no matter how hard I try to speak.

Last thing that I'll mention is insults to my appearance. I'm so paranoid about this that I spend half my time around other people imagining that they're thinking rude things about how I look. If someone were to directly criticize my appearance, I would act like I didn't care, and then I'd rush to a mirror and spend the rest of the day staring into it as I silently abuse myself.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Another thing that really gets to me is when someone speaks slander against me and nothing I can do will clear away the falsehood. The worst thing is to be misunderstood; it's as if someone has taken their hand and clasped it over my mouth, and I can't express the truth no matter how hard I try to speak.
    I relate to this a lot, only I get angry, not sad (I don't know if you do). It gets "categorised" under injustice in my emotional matrix (how funny, I could never say matrix with regard to my inner Ni world).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I relate to this a lot, only I get angry, not sad (I don't know if you do). It gets "categorised" under injustice in my emotional matrix (how funny, I could never say matrix with regard to my inner Ni world).
    Yes, I get angry for sure, and even more than that, I get frustrated. To me it's not even something I categorize, at least not right away. It simply strikes, and when it does, these emotions go rushing through me like sparks from firewood. It's only later on, when I have time to reflect, that I file it away. Usually I categorize it as something like an intrusion into my social space, kind of like if someone were to stop short of breaking into my house and set up a sales booth on my front lawn. Basically, they've appropriated a piece of my social property.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have been insulted on a few occasions. Usually i just laugh them off.

You are a cu*t, put that in your pipe and smoke it. Like seriously.
    I just reply with a thank you and laugh in their face. Winds them up more.

I recently got a message on here calling me a c*nt, cow, Mother Teresa, martyr, Jerry springer life. That one hurt as it was continuous and nasty.

Never mind. I am over it. Life is to short to be worrying about what other people think of me.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP

I hate being called a "Know it All." I just REALLY like to talk, but sometimes I come across as having 'all the answers' when, really, I am just discussing concepts and giving my opinion. I really like to talk lol.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

At a time I was told I was a head-in-the-clouds lazy bum living my dream of a life in my imagination with money from my mom's pocket, and it really hurt me.

I had extremely tough time just a year or two before and I was trying to recover, and I didn't have a good grasp on realities at the time, but I was optimistic, and I tried. I got little money from my mom at the time, but it was enough to hurt me when pointed out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    yupp

my ex-room mate called me cold, and what else. My mom said you will never be free from us finacially, (that was hurtful and creepy) I was told that I couldn't own my unit, because the guy was like I own my place you obviously rent. How the fuck do you know? being told too young to smoke after I wouldn't give this random guy money for a train ticket. he got all huffy and it's like sorry dude not my problem.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I get extremely insulted when people tell me I can't.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge