User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Insults

MBTI
    ENFP

Oh yeah, unintentional insults.

I really hate it when people comment on my skintone. See, I'm unusually fair for a SouthEast Asian. (think tropical weather, sunny and humid all year long!) My skintone is closer to that of a Caucasian and most Asians there, though not really considered dark, would usually be darker than me.

I don't think they realize its not because I perpetually stay indoors and I have NEVER been exposed to the Sun. We have those sort of girls over here and its crazy. They eat whitening pills and shield themselves from the sun using umbrellas. The thing is, with really fair skin, I only burn and I cannot tan, which by the way means that the Sun is far more damaging on my skin than those who get tanned.

Fair skin is considered a form of beauty in some countries. (Singapore included) However, there is always a portion of people who prefer tanned skin and I find them the ones who usually dish out comments like:

"Why are you so fair? You look like a ghost!" (during primary school. I think they call it middle school in the USA?) Then again this was when tanned skin was "popular" -_-
    Or..
    "Stop wearing white, you are very white already!"
    So on so forth.

I usually don't retaliate (no point) and just take it all in good humour but it irritates me sometimes. Geez, its not even my fault people.

When people look down on my capabilities, that doesn't bother me so much, because I can always prove them wrong
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Sorry to hear this.

I love it when friends compliment me and say "you're awesome because of x" and then hate it other times and use it against me.

Example: "I love it how you can hang out with us like you're one of the guys!" .. I think we're connecting and close, and that these people like me for who I am.

Later on though.. "You're a girl, act like one damnit!" .. Or my personal favorite quote towards me, "You act like a guy, dress like a guy, if you want to be a guy, turn dyke, ok?" <--- Not the first time I'd heard similar remarks. They like my personality only when it's convenient for them. Once it gets outside of their comfort zone, they dislike me for who I am.

This hurts especially because I take it like they were lying to me the entire time. Like they really dislike who I am, and just stay quiet about it to avoid conflict or awkwardness. Then I get abandonment issues and.. blah..
    i think you need to reassess the people you hang out with, or at least invest time in two or three well placed verbal tongue lashings to the parties in question. sometimes people just need to be reminded they need to STFU and keep their unsolicited opinions to themselves

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    And another friend, obsessed with being skinny (although she tends to be chubby) and finishing a conversation on how I am very slender, said to me, "If I had to choose, I'd rather have a pretty face over a nice body though," accompanied by a long glance at me.

Nasty comments about my figure: "rail thin", "bony", "need to eat", "skinny minnie". I am none of those, so I ascribe it to female cattiness or men who like fatties.
    This is what I really dislike about the overrated skinny vs curvy debate. If you're healthy, you shouldn't apologize for your own body no matter what shape you are!

(P.S. By the way, curvy doesn't really mean fat in the first place. It means having good proportions.)
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by dani_elle View Post
    This is what I really dislike about the overrated skinny vs curvy debate. If you're healthy, you shouldn't apologize for your own body no matter what shape you are!

(P.S. By the way, curvy doesn't really mean fat in the first place. It means having good proportions.)
    i find it annoying that people find it OK to comment on women's bodies but i never see them do it to men.

i hate these type insults as well, having been called things like "slut" and "whore" in the past. i'm definitely on the curvy side of the spectrum, so anytime i wear anything less revealing than a mou-mou or a turtle neck and mc hammer pants then it's going to look even more revealing just because i have more to reveal.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I'm constantly insulted indirectly by people who seem to think I'm an idiot, literally.... I used to have this friend istj that I knew for a very very long time. I let him borrow something(worth getting back) and when I asked for it back he tried to play it off as if it never happened and he didn't remember, I had to trick him into admitting he knew what I was talking about and then I felt like smashing his fucking face in for actually thinking I was stupid enough to fall for that, of all the people I never expected him to try and do that to me, and I thought he would know better than to try that on me, but apparently he doesn't hold my intellect and memory in high regard, or our friendship for that matter.

I was more insulted and mad over the way he tried to play me, surely he could of thought of something smarter to fool me, he seemed to think it would be easy to trick me?

But yea, basically some people will picture me as an idiot and try to treat me as such, however it usually just backfires on them 10 fold.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

The most hurtful insult I have ever been given was when a man sat me down and read the Virtuous Wife proverb in the Bible to me and told me that I was nothing like her and didn't deserve my then soon to be husband because I didn't go to college and didn't plan on getting a career and was just plain crap basically. I said nothing and just cried and cried right there on the spot.

I still can't get over that simply because there were/are so many that think that and have whispered that to people and I have found out in indirect ways or from indirect mouths- that one was face to face at least but I knew it was representative of many people's opinions and was the most devastating confrontation I have ever had.

I feel like Cinderella who married a Prince- the lowly nobody that married royalty. I am a highschool drop out who married a math professor. I am a person who has never read fully the bible and is married to a man that can compete with pastors in biblical knowledge. I am an uneloquent- easliy misunderstood and novice communicator who is married to a very eloquent- best communicator people have ever seen and even say so.

He sees me as a diamond in the rough and he makes me feel like a worthy princess. They say that the diamond that glitters most has been most cut.
    I have definately been cut but I don't think most people see any glitter but him and my close friends.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dani_elle View Post

Me, too! Every once in a while, the media will proclaim that skinny waifs are out and embracing curves is in! Well, that's great--what if you're naturally skinny and non-curvy? Is it just your turn to feel terrible about yourself? I don't get why we have to demonize one body type while we exalt another.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    I'm constantly insulted indirectly by people who seem to think I'm an idiot, literally.... I used to have this friend istj that I knew for a very very long time. I let him borrow something(worth getting back) and when I asked for it back he tried to play it off as if it never happened and he didn't remember, I had to trick him into admitting he knew what I was talking about and then I felt like smashing his fucking face in for actually thinking I was stupid enough to fall for that, of all the people I never expected him to try and do that to me, and I thought he would know better than to try that on me, but apparently he doesn't hold my intellect and memory in high regard, or our friendship for that matter.

I was more insulted and mad over the way he tried to play me, surely he could of thought of something smarter to fool me, he seemed to think it would be easy to trick me?

But yea, basically some people will picture me as an idiot and try to treat me as such, however it usually just backfires on them 10 fold.

OHH I feel you on this one!! Trust me, I've wanted to hoard my things like a pack rat on speed for people being so cruel like this! Like, if you think I'm that retarded, why are we even friends?!! :steam: !!! Ooyy I'm sorry to hear this one
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    I

Haha, I've heard some pretty bad stuff, mostly in the past. Made me stronger eventually.

MBTI
    INTx

Several years ago a friend of mine died. It was sudden and unexpected - the result of a heart defect that no one was aware of until afterwards. I took a very quiet, contemplative approach to the news. I don't recall my father's exact wording in response to my reaction, but it went something like:

"... you don't even give a crap that your friend died? You're a totally self-absorbed little s***."

I have never raged that hard before or since. That sensation of blood boiling and skin searing. Hate, anger. Only that I was already in shock and that he was my father kept me from leaping over and attacking him.