User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Insults

MBTI
    INTP

I hate being called "reserved," because it seems like code for "boring," though I am reserved around people I'm not comfortable with.
    Something Witty

heart on fire

When people insult my motives or feelings and they have it all WRONG. Thinkers do this the most. Sorry but they do!

Other people's insults make me laugh when I am alone. Like my ESP relative who said I was the most boring person she ever met. That was hillarious.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The backhanded, catty "compliments" are the worse.

I had a "friend" tell me once "I like long faces like yours."

And another friend, obsessed with being skinny (although she tends to be chubby) and finishing a conversation on how I am very slender, said to me, "If I had to choose, I'd rather have a pretty face over a nice body though," accompanied by a long glance at me.

Nasty comments about my figure: "rail thin", "bony", "need to eat", "skinny minnie". I am none of those, so I ascribe it to female cattiness or men who like fatties.

Being told I was "independent", but insinuating "loner". I agree with the reserved and quiet tags as often being code for "bland".

It hurts me deeply to be called "cold" and "selfish". My xSFJ relatives wrongly ascribe this to me. I feel deeply and intensely, but I just express it differently.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ

"you're smart but you're not that smart"
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I had a "friend" tell me once "I like long faces like yours."
    What's wrong with a long face? Do you not really have one?

I don't like when the people closest to me call me a robot as an insult during a serious disagreement. I don't mind in general. It's been a part of my nickname for years now. Nonetheless, red herrings that hit below the belt and prolong the resolution process aren't necessary.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Ehh.. I have been insulted a lot, but at the moment, none are standing out in my head more than others. I seem to be most pissed-off involve a lack of credit where credit is do, like saying I'm crappy at something I'm very good at, or that I didn't put enough effort into something I tried the hardest at. It's so unreasonable. What do I say to that?

I guess I was pretty insulted when my mom told me she thought I coudn't succeed in college.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I don't like when the people closest to me call me a robot as an insult during a serious disagreement. I don't mind in general. It's been a part of my nickname for years now. Nonetheless, red herrings that hit below the belt and prolong the resolution process aren't necessary.
    Sorry to hear this.

I love it when friends compliment me and say "you're awesome because of x" and then hate it other times and use it against me.

Example: "I love it how you can hang out with us like you're one of the guys!" .. I think we're connecting and close, and that these people like me for who I am.

Later on though.. "You're a girl, act like one damnit!" .. Or my personal favorite quote towards me, "You act like a guy, dress like a guy, if you want to be a guy, turn dyke, ok?" <--- Not the first time I'd heard similar remarks. They like my personality only when it's convenient for them. Once it gets outside of their comfort zone, they dislike me for who I am.

This hurts especially because I take it like they were lying to me the entire time. Like they really dislike who I am, and just stay quiet about it to avoid conflict or awkwardness. Then I get abandonment issues and.. blah..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Sorry to hear this.

I love it when friends compliment me and say "you're awesome because of x" and then hate it other times and use it against me.

Example: "I love it how you can hang out with us like you're one of the guys!" .. I think we're connecting and close, and that these people like me for who I am.

Later on though.. "You're a girl, act like one damnit!" .. Or my personal favorite quote towards me, "You act like a guy, dress like a guy, if you want to be a guy, turn dyke, ok?" <--- Not the first time I'd heard similar remarks. They like my personality only when it's convenient for them. Once it gets outside of their comfort zone, they dislike me for who I am.

This hurts especially because I take it like they were lying to me the entire time. Like they really dislike who I am, and just stay quiet about it to avoid conflict or awkwardness. Then I get abandonment issues and.. blah..
    Thank you.

Ugh. Having masculine qualities doesn't make a woman a man. If that was the case, all laid back girls like you and dominant thinkers would trade in their X for a Y. I think intelligent people realize most traits associated with gender are superfluous and socially influenced.

Lesbians tend to prefer equality in their relationships. It's not about acting like men for most of them, because their actions are egalitarian in nature.

As for the last part, that does give pause for concern. Have you talked to the people that do that to you?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Well, I suppose they know it's hurtful.. but. That's how they feel. It's not like that hurting me is going to change how they feel about the way I am I suppose.. This isn't one situation, it's been several like this throughout my life.. But either way, once this happens, they're never close to me anymore. They lose that sense of closeness to me that my friends normally get.. and I think that's a fair trade, considering how distant I am to people that aren't my friends.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    What's wrong with a long face? Do you not really have one?
    3 words: Sarah Jessica Parker.

And, no, my face isn't like that, although it's not short & roundy either.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe