Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
Actually, I'm curious... it seems to me like Christians are always quick to dismiss this view of God when it's presented to them. How could they be encouraging what they say they're against? What principles are they teaching that make this possible?
They encourage what they say they're against because they don't either don't realize the implications of their own beliefs, or, if confronted, they practice doublethink. (It's not just Christians who do this, but Christians are morally obligated to have integrity.)

The most obvious, (to me), commonly accepted principles in Christendom underlying what Sabastious wrote are: Divine Command Theory; Free Will Defense; Open Theism; and Natural Evil as punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
All I know is, this is one possible view of God... and considering that it IS possible, I can't see why no one has any reservations about worshipping such a being. Is the God of the Old Testament "good" just because he says he is, and helped a few people who were most loyal to him while killing large numbers of other people? Doesn't seem convincing to me, unless you define "good" as "allied with you" and "evil" as "against you." That's the only way most of God's definitions of good and evil make sense. Then again, that really is how most people end up defining those terms...
It might be a possible view, but it's pabulum; I'd argue that it's not metaphysically possible.