Thread: drug testing

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default drug testing

what are you thoughts on this? in the long run does it help the company doing the testing?

my thoughts are that it's a waste of time and an invasion of privacy. i mean if you're a meth (coke, heroin, etc) user it should be pretty obvious to your employer since you'd probably be too strung out to show up regularly for work anyway.

for the record, the only drug i take is lexapro and i rarely drink but this topic has come up a few times recently (friends husband just started police academy training) so what better place than here to have an educated discussion on the subject.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's a violation of human rights for privacy and besides that it's illogical. I work best on coke
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    It's a violation of human rights for privacy and besides that it's illogical. I work best on coke
    me to but the caffeine kind. the other is too addicting. years ago i dabbled in it and it wasn't worth the trouble. i hate being a slave to anything which is why i also gave up smoking. i'm actually having a difficult time giving up soda completely. it's just so damn good!

If an employee uses drugs, and the only way you can tell is by chemically testing bodily fluids, why should it matter what they use?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    If an employee uses drugs, and the only way you can tell is by chemically testing bodily fluids, why should it matter?
    well it shouldn't if you're in favor of drug testing.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    If an employee uses drugs, and the only way you can tell is by chemically testing bodily fluids, why should it matter?
    Because of the implications. If you start going down that road, you will have to test all of your employees, cause otherwise the one who is only tested will protest about you subjectively judging him.

And then there could be lawsuits against you by employees, who feel offended by your ways of ever thinking they would take drugs.

I think tests like these should take place in positions that need you to take a lot of responsibility over an immediate danger to human lifes, like jetpilot or bus driver.

But in a software company for example, in which half your intp's is on drugs while coding, the privacy of humans should be preserved. You'll notice nevertheless, if their efficiency would suffer from the drugs.

I wouldnt want to live in a world in which you'ld need to adapt your own personality and habits that much to the world to be an industrious chinese guy. It's worse enough as it already is and if it would go on this would mark the end of western civilisation in my opinion.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

^ what's cool is i totally got what you just said.

MBTI
    ENTJ

my thoughts are that it's a waste of time and an invasion of privacy
    My thoughts exactly.

Whether or not someone keeps a job should be reliant on whether or not someone can DO the job to a certain level of competency. If you're a smackhead and you can do the job, then yay, and I'll keep you. If you're a smackhead and you show up to work unable to speak or do anything, I won't keep you. But it won't be because of the smack, it'll be because you can't do your job. Imo an employer's only concern is can the person do the job or not, and it's no ones business to make moral/value judgements on someone's lifestyle outside of the job.*

*excluding certain jobs where doing the job IS showing a specific moral/values based lifestyle at all times. Priests, for example. Or policemen. Etc.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

I am not in favor - I should have worded by statement better.

What I meant was that the drugs that matter, the ones that really affect people, have a tendency to filter themselves out of the workplace anyway.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

^ better late than never.