User Tag List

Enneagram
    9w8

Default Triumph of the Mind

All right, so this is partly wanting to uplift some moods, and also out of curiosity because I'm interested...

So you've been there, that precipice in life that makes or breaks how it will go for a time. What was the cliff you came back from the brink of, what bottom of which pit did you hit and claw your way up the sides, back to the light?

How have you triumphed in your life?

I'll admit to feeling like a dork for posting this.

800 micrograms of LSD

Enneagram
    9w8

I'm not sure if you're joking or not but I do consider large drug trips to count. Did you end up at the hospital?

I had no idea how far it would actually take me, so I wanted to try it for myself and see.

At the peak of the experience, complete ego loss to the point of not even knowing my name, because everything, other than what I was doing right at that moment, was irrelevant. I was swimming in a warm lake for what must have been several hours until the sun set and I started getting cold. My body became one with the water. I felt just like all the other life that inhabited the lake. I floated on my back and moved on top of it with what seemed like no effort at all. My mind focused on only one thing, my breath, which kept me afloat and knowing that I was still alive, experiencing it as the primary force separating life from death.

There was only beauty to be observed, so inexplicably beautiful it felt as if I couldn't take anymore and my heart was going to explode. It was like looking at the world through the eyes of a newborn baby.

I felt no fear, because I could see with my own eyes that there was nothing to be afraid of.

But still, it required a huge test of willpower and trust in myself, to allow a chemical to strip away every part of my identity, to feel like and become nothingness, and to be content with that until I pieced "I" back together again.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Winged View Post
    So you've been there, that precipice in life that makes or breaks how it will go for a time. What was the cliff you came back from the brink of, what bottom of which pit did you hit and claw your way up the sides, back to the light?
    Nice sentence in combination with the avatar.

More doesnt come to mind
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

I permanently cured my depression and I then became successfully self employed as an artist. I also created a passive income stream, i.e. I get paid even if I don't work, because my old art keeps selling and I keep getting paid for it. The day I quit my last job was definitely a TRIUMPH. That was a very happy day. I can't stand jobs and working for other people. I'll never have to do it again. I give a lot of credit to books & CD's about self help & success advice. I'm in control of my own life. I'm doing what I like. I'm working on my goals. These are some major things that keep me happy.