User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Default How do you recognize when you're overworked?

Since lately I've taken up some obligations and thus almost all my days are busy, I am taking preemptive action to avoid burnout. I have never had to execute so much "mental" work for many hours a day, so I have no clue how much my body can stand it. Before I've cycled semi-professionally so I know how much I can take physically and recognize the symptoms of overtraining, but what are the signals of mental fatigue? How much can you people handle in terms of mental work (I want to know this in order to have a measure stick)?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

When my mind starts feeling like the fog is rolling in it's time for a break and it's time to say NO to overtime. When the fog has rolled in and only vestiges of productive thought are left it is time to tell business to fuck off and take a vacation. I, however, recommend taking the vacation to keep this from happening and balance how often you say YES to overtime...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    IXTX

Mentally; I work in bursts. I endure endless amount of mental works for a period of time until the task is complete, then I require isolation to recharge.

You know you have mental fatigue when your concentration steadily wavers. However, if you manage to push past that low point, you gain a second wind and a burst of mental energy where your mind suddenly goes into overdrive mode. Afterwards, you burn out.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

If mental work, I feel my head gets hot (no kidding). I also feel that energy gets depleted, it is a very distinctive feeling from that of getting psychologically tired.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Watch, perhaps, for internal signs, like a sudden and inexplicable dislike for one or more activities; or obvious external signs, like a failure to meet said obligations (losing track of schedules, neglecting or forgetting tasks).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I find myself:
    - irritable over inconsequential things.
    - lacking energy (unable / don't want to get up to do things).
    - feeling like my thinking has become fuzzy or I can no longer think coherently.
    - unable to multi-task efficiently (I just go in circles and cannot finish anything).
    - constantly daydreaming about something else / poor attention span.

But one of the biggest is definitely all the details falling apart -- I can't hold things together or complete tasks, and things begin slipping my mind.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sometimes I get a headache, or feel very tired, and it feels like time passes more quickly.

Usually I don't notice this unless other people are in the room, but after a while of concentration, I start to become very insensitive and acrid. It usually means I'm nearing mental fatigue, but I may in fact have plenty of time left before having to stop, as long as I can be alone and have silence. For this reason, I try not to do intensive mental work around other people if I can avoid it.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

When overworked, I become:

- hypercritical about my surroundings, especially noise
    - joyless
    - cranky

And, my memory and concentration start to suffer.

MBTI
    ENFP

If you're feeling depressed or holding strong grudges against a target person or just the entire workplace, you are over-worked.

MBTI
    INTJ

when you have a job
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume