User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    NICE

Where to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    Perhaps a better question is "what's the rudest thing you've seen" because rudeness is a clash of value systems.

The one being rude is operating well within their own system

The victim of rudeness is in a situation outside of their own system.

So basically, rude people don't know they are being rude, when it's really* rude.
    This doesn't make sense.

The one being rude is operating well within their own system
    How do you know this? This is a pretty big assumption. You are assuming that the one being 'rude' is acting normally, which another's value system might find offensive. It can very well be that the person is AIMING to be rude in the first place, consciously going outside what they hold as the basis of their own value system.

You are also assuming that the receiver took it as 'rudeness', where it may not always be the case.

And, given your 'solution', it presents the same issue as the OP. The 'rudest' thing you've seen is according to what rudeness means to you, except this time as the recipient, and, once again, we cannot know if the person meant it to be rude or not.

Any way you cut it, you cannot escape subjectivity, so your point is irrelevant and moot to any addition in this thread.

^ How rude!!! :steam:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Where to begin...
    Go ahead.

...We've got time.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

Setting up for a concert at my High School, the track coach came over to complain about the one wire running across the track because it was a tripping hazard. (Never mind that the runners were doing HURDLES). While he was standing next to me, I unmuted the board, pushed I metallica through about 20KW worth of speakers, mouthed "I can't hear you", and walked away.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INTJ

I never break the rules that govern social engagements.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    xxxx

I comment on other's weight without realizing that this is a sensitive issue in society. My best guess is that my rudest moment would be related to such a comment.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh wow, what a topic, let's see...

When I was in middle school, we had a substitute teacher in french class one day. There was a cute girl in french that I enjoyed impressing with my way over-the-top antics. So, I arrived to class 20 minutes late, because I wanted to distract everyone when I came in. I came in with a bag of chips that I was eating, knowing full well that the teacher would tell me to put it away. I ignored this comment fully and continued eating, as if I hadn't heard her at all. I then began to pretend I was deaf, but this was ruined by a goody-to-shoes boy in the front of the class. So I stood up, walked up to him, and poured the rest of my chips down the back of his shirt. It was something of a record for me, the teacher had lost total control within 30 seconds of me entering the class!

I finally sat down, and began to draw sex organs on paper and fling them at the girls around me. Most made faces, but the one I liked started to giggle. (There's a reason I liked her.) My teacher then irrationally yelled at the fine young lady, leading me to draw a HUGE penis on a piece of paper, turn it into a paper airplane, and throw it at her head. (She was attempting to teach a class through all of this.)

At this point, she told me to go down to the office (one of my favorite middle school haunts!). I went back to being semi-deaf and said "what?". She repeated herself, leading to me once again asking, "what?". This occurred once more, and then a couple friends of mine joined the course and said "what?" in unison with me. As she began to open her mouth again, I screamed "WHAT?!" to the general delight of my classmates. She then began screaming, and then the whole class began screaming "WHAT!" at the top of our lungs. Love mob psychology.

She finally screamed that she'd had enough and was calling the principal. She did so, as I led something of a verbal riot in the room. After about two minutes I told everyone to get in their seats, shut up, and wait for the principal. He arrived, clearly confused about why he had been taken away from his busy work to observe a class full of very studious looking kids. She tried to explain that we were out of control just a few moments ago, pointing at me inparticular. I put on my best puzzled look, and asked to speak to the principal privately. I explained to him that this teacher seemed to be mentally unbalanced, and had begun screaming out of nowhere, and that I was upset she was having a nervous breakdown. She was fired by the next day.

I'd say that was rude. 14 year old ENTP...I was quite a handful. I've matured since.....or become more subtle.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Where to begin...
    My thoughts exactly.

I think my rude moments are unintentional. I don't perceive them that way until someone becomes offended and lets me know. I've gotten better, but there are too many to list here.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I think my rude moments are unintentional. I don't perceive them that way until someone becomes offended and lets me know. I've gotten better, but there are too many to list here.
    Nah, I think you're capable of being intentionally rude.