First 12345 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    ...I should tell you some time about a faux pas that Jennifer committed with regard to me. It was a doozy!
    You should... but you won't... because it would be rude to embarrass me publicly for something I did in another lifetime.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    next time you go somewhere wear this.

But I'm not a white supremacist. I just didn't know they were genetically compatible, and I was impressed, I swear.

It reminded me of how, on some television science show, they bred two plants with different genes several times, and came up with three different phenotype configurations of plants with different traits. It looked just like that.

What was funnier, though was that later on... I was in Biology, and they talked about Mendel breeding plants, and I said, "Oh, you can't say breeding or point out the differences between things, my Dad told me it was offensive." They said, "But that doesn't make any sense! How are we supposed to know what we're dealing with if we can't talk about it?" I said, "Yeah, I know, it doesn't make any sense, right? People are weird."

It seemed even weirder later on, when I found out it was okay to mention for plants and animals, but not okay to mention for people. This is why I just adhere to social norms and tell people what they want to hear whether it makes sense or not... because they don't make sense, and if I try to make sense of them rather than following them blindly, I'll fail, and end up making a fool of myself.

Salt n' Pepper & Ragingkatsuki: It's good to know you realize the difference between being fascinated by something and being disgusted by it. A lot of people don't. Makes me feel a little less... insane to know that some people (even if most of them wouldn't) would have "gotten it," I guess.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I'm asking because I drove up to one of my friends homes the other day, and beeped for him to come out, rather than getting out of the car to greet him. He told me on messenger that his dad would yell at me if I did it again and that he was dead serious... I'm not a big fan of dead serious . Is that an over reaction like I think it is?
    Tell the old man to chill the frick out.

Although annoying, I wouldn't go so far as to physically confront one of my (hypothetical) kid's friends over what appeared to be a simple social mistake.

I dislike rudeness - both in practice and as a counter-response to a perceived "rude" gesture. It's been my experience that most rude behavior stems from miscommunication.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You should... but you won't... because it would be rude to embarrass me publicly for something I did in another lifetime.
    That is true, and of course I won't retell the story.

I believe you're much more aware of conversational nuance now than you were then anyhow.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I dislike rudeness - both in practice and as a counter-response to a perceived "rude" gesture. It's been my experience that most rude behavior stems from miscommunication.
    i really do too. the only times I behave rudely towards another person is usually in response to that person mistreating another person. i also dislike bullies.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Tell the old man to chill the frick out.

Although annoying, I wouldn't go so far as to physically confront one of my (hypothetical) kid's friends over what appeared to be a simple social mistake.

He's usually already rather chilled, the fact that he wasn't after that makes it seem like a bigger deal than it probably is. It's also got me trying considering other possible motives... which I realize will only lead to paranoia (as it usually has).
    5 3 9

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    He's usually already rather chilled, the fact that he wasn't after that makes it seem like a bigger deal than it probably is. It's also got me trying considering other possible motives... which I realize will only lead to paranoia (as it usually has).
    i guess to him, beeping is rude. some people are old fashion and prefer to have their door bell rang 10 times.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    i really do too. the only times I behave rudely towards another person is usually in response to that person mistreating another person. i also dislike bullies.
    Is there anyone who actually likes them!?! lol... I guess if you were able to conceal yourself behind them you would, but that would be rather cowardly right?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    i guess to him, beeping is rude. some people are old fashion and prefer to have their door bell rang 10 times.
    I guess the doorbell is actually there to keep the neighborhood quiet... I don't exactly live in a built up area and never really have, door bells are useless to me, that might have contributed to such a misunderstanding
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Hmm, you have a point. What's your mix btw? I'm Italian + Black. Which means I'm fucking sexy as a motherfucker.
    I'm imagining chocolate with spaghetti on top... have I got the right idea? lol
    5 3 9